Help tooltips don't work

Genoism

Question

I just bought this game, when I created a character the tooltips over all the various skills/abilities/talents whatever you call them - all worked. After about an hour of play, they simply did not show up anymore. For example mousing over endurance no longer showed me any info. When leveling up and trying to understand what the hell i was actually upgrading, nothing gave me details.

So yea, this is retarded, did you guys expect me to memorize everything? Am I supposed to google all this crap everytime I need to see what does what?

Is there a workaround? I don't know how to replicate this bug, sometimes it (seemingly) randomly starts working for a few of the words.

Please help, otherwise just going to return this game (bought from steam).

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Same here, I just bought the game and the tooltips went missing. They re-appeared after I verified cache on Steam but then went missing again later. I think I'm going to have to put off playing the game as I'm relatively new to this type of game and really need all the tooltip help I can get. I hope there's a fix soon.  

Same here, I just bought the game and the tooltips went missing. They re-appeared after I verified cache on Steam but then went missing again later. I think I'm going to have to put off playing the game as I'm relatively new to this type of game and really need all the tooltip help I can get. I hope there's a fix soon.  

Nice to hear I'm not the only one. Apparently the tech support forum is just for people to complain not actually get help.

2nd result when doing a forum search for "tooltip"

tl;dr - known issue. devs working on it.

@Genoism - Regarding your last comment, you may have noticed this pinned to the top of the page?

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I just bought this game, when I created a character the tooltips over all the various skills/abilities/talents whatever you call them - all worked. After about an hour of play, they simply did not show up anymore. For example mousing over endurance no longer showed me any info. When leveling up and trying to understand what the hell i was actually upgrading, nothing gave me details.

So yea, this is retarded, did you guys expect me to memorize everything? Am I supposed to google all this crap everytime I need to see what does what?

Is there a workaround? I don't know how to replicate this bug, sometimes it (seemingly) randomly starts working for a few of the words.

Please help, otherwise just going to return this game (bought from steam).

I had the same bug; finding the solution on this forum took me ~1 search and less time than it took me to write this post.

Options -> Game -> Tooltip delay -> set it to 0.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had an amazing holiday break! Thank you  Achilles for helping out! As Achilles has said before, this is a known issue and has been fixed in the next patch. In the future, please use the search function to look up issues to avoid duplicating already known issues.

Thank you for your support!

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had an amazing holiday break! Thank you  Achilles for helping out! As Achilles has said before, this is a known issue and has been fixed in the next patch. In the future, please use the search function to look up issues to avoid duplicating already known issues.

Thank you for your support!

Thanks for the response. Do you guys have a ballpark of when the patch with this fix might be coming?