I am stuck and cant find a way out to continue the game

I am at the part of the game where I found my keep.  I am only level 3 but have managed to do the quest to take over the keep.  One of the npcs with me wanted me to go down in the labyrinth and I ended up jumping down a well or pool of some sort.  There is a huge drake down there and everything is far too tough for me.  I was dumb and didnt save before I jumped.  Now I cant go in any of the rooms because everything kills me instantly.   I can find no way to go back up since I jumped down.

Is there any way for me to get out of this?  Or do I have do start completely over.  I have no other saved games from before any of this.  If I have to start over, I will make certain to have more different saved games than just 1.

Thanks for any help

Hey dfauteux,

Are you sure you don't have any auto-saves? An auto-save generates every transition going back to your last 3 transitions.

If not you are stuck unless you want to debug but that will disable your achievements.

You can use cheats to escape. (This voids your achievements.)

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console_command

Use god mode to walk out, or use areatransition. Let's say, AreaTransition AR_0604_Stronghold_Great_Hall North1

I am at the part of the game where I found my keep.  I am only level 3 but have managed to do the quest to take over the keep.  One of the npcs with me wanted me to go down in the labyrinth and I ended up jumping down a well or pool of some sort.  There is a huge drake down there and everything is far too tough for me.  I was dumb and didnt save before I jumped.  Now I cant go in any of the rooms because everything kills me instantly.   I can find no way to go back up since I jumped down.

Is there any way for me to get out of this?  Or do I have do start completely over.  I have no other saved games from before any of this.  If I have to start over, I will make certain to have more different saved games than just 1.

Thanks for any help

Happened to me too first time. If I remeber well (haven't played since April), If you go the other way (not where the dragon is) you can fight a couple of (tough, to be honest!) Xaurip encounters and find the staircase leading upstairs. Not sure though if the satircase there is a "major" one (that'll lead you to any level) or a normal one (leading you one level up). I believe is the major; you can give it a try ;)

That is if you don't want to cheat and if you have some resting supplies with you too ;)

*edit couple of times*

Edited by Sedrefilos