KOTOR 2 Doesn't load after Character creation

jqt

I have a hard copy, running on a Toshiba laptop on Windows. I can make a character, but when I get to the loading screen right after character creation, the loading bar simply doesn't move. I tried turning of Shadows, Grass, VSync and Frame Buffer, but nothing happened. I tried running as administrator, which did cause the loading bar to actually move, but then the thing crashes, and it says the "has stopped working" message. Please help?

• 2 weeks later...

No Mods, O.S. is Windows 10, I'm not sure of my hardware (though I know it can run the game, as it did prior to the Windows 10 update) And I'm using the disc from the Knights of the Old Republic Complete Collection (The 2-dicspack that comes with KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2).

No Mods, O.S. is Windows 10, I'm not sure of my hardware (though I know it can run the game, as it did prior to the Windows 10 update) And I'm using the disc from the Knights of the Old Republic Complete Collection (The 2-dicspack that comes with KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2).

huum...

try to load it with the "Windows XP Compatibility" 

or load the config screen in KOTOR 2 launcher.

my computer loads SW:KOTOR 2 just fine and it's Windows 7 Ultimate.

Have you done the Update? (Found here http://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Where-do-I-find-the-latest-patch-for-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II-The-Sith-Lords)

I strongly recommend you  afterwards to install the "Restored Content Mod" as it greatly increases the stability of the game,before it used to crash once in a while or the saves got corrupted randomly.

The hardware is like this:

Videocard ATI Radeon XXXX 1.2 GB

Intel I7 Dual-Core 2.4 Ghz

Do you hear sounds during the loading screen?

or it suddenly stops?

Usually the crashing loading screen is a corrupted save or a unpatched game which was very buggy because it got rushed.

always run as Administrator.

Edited by DarthDeven

I don't know how to do the XP Compatibility thing, nor the config launcher thing. And it does make sounds on the loading screen. I hear the theme, but the loading bar at the bottom doesn't move.

I don't know how to do the XP Compatibility thing, nor the config launcher thing. And it does make sounds on the loading screen. I hear the theme, but the loading bar at the bottom doesn't move.

Right click on SWKotor 2.exe

click "Property"

check "Compatibility mode"

Choose XP from the slider

Click "Apply"

For the config

Run SWConfig.exe or run the launcher and click on options\configure.

then check disable audio and intro movies.

also when in the main menu,set the resolution to 1024X768 60 Hz

then see if it works

EDIT:

Try to see this topic,it's a different OS,but same problem

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/47429-kotor-2-loadingfreezing-issues/

Edited by DarthDeven