[CLASS BUILD] Support Priest, or How I Buffed The Others

I think I know pretty well how buff stack (there are rules, even if they are cryptic) but debuff are a total mystery.

Why stat debuff from sickened and weakness stacks while defenses debuff from the same conditions don't ?

From the list above, what would cause the suppression ? I'll be very curious.

Huh? Weakened and Sickened used to stack completely. If it doesn't anymore, they surely nerfed that on purpose. It was very powerful.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh, a note on Painful Interdiction for anyone who wants to use this build: it's currently bugged and has been since 3.0 beta, as are all spells with two different saves like this (though not spells with one save and then another if you fail the first, like Relentless Storm). The second save doesn't get the level bonus so at level 16, the accuracy for the Weakened effect will be 16 points lower than it should be.

• Like 2

I think I know pretty well how buff stack (there are rules, even if they are cryptic) but debuff are a total mystery.

Why stat debuff from sickened and weakness stacks while defenses debuff from the same conditions don't ?

From the list above, what would cause the suppression ? I'll be very curious.

Are you sure? When I did a little bit of testing (though not with Sickened) it was the defense debuffs (in that case from Shining Beacon and Weakened) that stacked while the attribute (which is what I assume you mean by "stat") debuff didn't stack.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

• 6 months later...

I could build up my durance companion for this build ? but the only things is the gear.is it possible to get duplicate item for example garodh's focus as i wanted to use it for my main character.so is it ok if i use other gear other than this build using ? what is the most crucial weapon/shield/armor needed for this build that i cant change it ?

I play slight variations of this build on all my priests. I like it when my priests can buff fast and hard. So I'd say the gloves and the flail are pretty damn important, as well as whatever is used to buff up int and dex. Garodh's Chorus? Meh. Your priest's damage is just icing on the cake.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Hi,

You can certainly use this build on Durance; I've done so more than once myself. It is worth noting, however, that Durance will be significantly slower owing to his poor DEX score.

Equipment is not as important in this build as are talents, abilities, and stats. The boots that increase DEX are particularly important on Durance because of what I said above; I wouldn't waste the Helwax Mold to make a duplicate of Garodh's Chorus. Give the helm to your main and something different to Durance; his MIG score is already decent IIRC so he doesn't super need it.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Give him the ring of thorns or Finreah's Grace from the Doemenels' shop. They both will give you +3 DEX and can be obtained rel. early. The Belt of the Staelgar from the merchant in front of the Vailian Trading Company gives +2 DEX and has a minor Breakout enchantment.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Finreah's Grace?!? Man, what have done to your fashion sense? :p

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 3 months later...

Just curious should you not change the first list of talents and skills needed if you deceided after the next expansion there are some good other options?

Back then it was not possible to edit older posts; now I'm simply too lazy :p

• 8 months later...

L4wlight,

You sure the Gyrd is all that good for the Priest? First, the Displaced Image proc is only on crits, not hits - contrary to what you wrote (or so says the Gampedia). Second, the Dominate effect is only 10 percent chance - so you won't be getting far fewer procs there then a Wizard with Blast.

AndreaColombo,

Two questions about the build.

First, I am a bit confused about the idea of using a Priest as a scroll caster. Simply put, doesn't a Priest have enough spells to cast as is?

Second, can this build do any damage casting?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lampros,

I'll be honest, I don't use many scrolls at all when I play (besides the mandatory Scroll of Valor and Scroll of Defense). My MC always ends up having a fairly decent Lore too to enable dialog options, so if I need a scroll I can use either one (but I generally don't.)

As for doing damage with spells, that's not something I normally use a Priest for. The Unfaithful build would be better suited to that purpose (and it is my current go-to Priest build to boot, FWIW.)

• Like 1

Hi Lampros,

I'll be honest, I don't use many scrolls at all when I play (besides the mandatory Scroll of Valor and Scroll of Defense). My MC always ends up having a fairly decent Lore too to enable dialog options, so if I need a scroll I can use either one (but I generally don't.)

As for doing damage with spells, that's not something I normally use a Priest for. The Unfaithful build would be better suited to that purpose (and it is my current go-to Priest build to boot, FWIW.)

I also plan on using Priest mainly to buff and debuff - and Boerer suggested that I try this build for that purpose. However, I have 4 melees, so the lack of ranged damage or AoE will be a problem - especially early going. So I was wondering if this build can help out a little bit there. If I were to tweak this build, I'd basically up Perception and Might a bit to get some nuke power? I will also take a look at the Unfaithful build - thanks for the reference.

• Like 1

I also plan on using Priest mainly to buff and debuff - and Boerer suggested that I try this build for that purpose. However, I have 4 melees, so the lack of ranged damage or AoE will be a problem - especially early going. So I was wondering if this build can help out a little bit there. If I were to tweak this build, I'd basically up Perception and Might a bit to get some nuke power?

You could sacrifice Resolve to that end; it's not as important as I initially thought it would be.

• Like 1

I also plan on using Priest mainly to buff and debuff - and Boerer suggested that I try this build for that purpose. However, I have 4 melees, so the lack of ranged damage or AoE will be a problem - especially early going. So I was wondering if this build can help out a little bit there. If I were to tweak this build, I'd basically up Perception and Might a bit to get some nuke power?

You could sacrifice Resolve to that end; it's not as important as I initially thought it would be.

Done. Thanks. I didn't want to bring it lower than 8 though - it seems too un-immersive to have Arwen with so little resolve, considering how she stuck with Aragorn for so long! ;)