So I made a Dwarf Paladin with 18 Con WTF BOEROER will kill me

Ok so I just wanted to do something a bit weird.  I have never played a mountain dwarf cause of their super limited racial but I am playing one now cause well Dwarf and I am for some reason obsessed with having oceans of hit points.  He also has high Might so his damage and Fort will be freakin great.  Hes going to be a Darcozzi Paladini hard ass Front liner with some support abilities/talents to set up my heavy melee dps crew.  To make up for crap ACC that Paladins get and my 10 PER I will go one hander dammit have a super freakin high ACC and good might and I will definitely be able to secure kills with FoD this way.

Might: 16

Con: 18

Dex: 8 (10 with enchants)

Per: 10

Int : 10 (12 with helm)

Res: 16

Abilties:

1.  Lay on Hands

3. Zealous Focus for melee party

5. Flames of Devotion

7.Liberating Exhortation (Talent to give it +10 ACC at level 8)

9: Coordinating Attacks ( coupled with Hard Strike or Shame and Glory for more ACC for my dps monk or fighter..I am really missing Reviving Exhortation here)

11. Righteous Soul

13. Sacred Immolation (low INT means the AOE isn't as good as my 16 Int Paladin but it hits harder).

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 3

Have gun will travel.

Why the shift to 18 Con though?

In my just completed PotD / ToI, my pale elf paladin only fell unconscious twice. Beyond that, I can only remember her going down to below half End at Adra (where she got her 2nd unconscious) and upscaled Thaos. The Fort you are gonna get is also overkill, In my experience, my fort was significantly lower that yours but I did supplement it with Bear's Fortitude. Did pretty well in terms of avoiding the stuns and prones.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

Dude I just like to swim in HP.  I have always tanked in past rpgs and mmos so it just hits my epeen when Eder has more HP then me.  Mosspit, you are a smart dude.  I know its useless lmao

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Why the shift to 18 Con though?

In my just completed PotD / ToI, my pale elf paladin only fell unconscious twice. Beyond that, I can only remember her going down to below half End at Adra (where she got her 2nd unconscious) and upscaled Thaos. The Fort you are gonna get is also overkill, In my experience, my fort was significantly lower that yours but I did supplement it with Bear's Fortitude. Did pretty well in terms of avoiding the stuns and prones.

How much Con did you have? my last PotD/ToI I had 14.  Was more then enough.

Have gun will travel.

Haha, yeah, if you like big HP numbers, and cannot lie, go for it. Though I guess a Barb would have even bigger numbers. Size matters, right? Make sure to get Gift of the Machine and feed Durance to the pool for extra bonus!

Though from a gameplay perspective, Con is of limited use. It's somewhat nice for how I play the game, but I only rest on found supplies, so the extra health it gives is useful in the early-mid game. The extra endurance is pretty negligible, at least if playing with a full party. It's rare enough to go down in a situation where the fight wasn't going to be resolved without further incident to not need any more in-fight HP.

Of course, by level 12 or so, the team is clicking, and the extra Health isn't even needed, as it's just curb stomps till games over/get bored.

• Like 2

Haha, yeah, if you like big HP numbers, and cannot lie, go for it. Though I guess a Barb would have even bigger numbers. Size matters, right? Make sure to get Gift of the Machine and feed Durance to the pool for extra bonus!

Though from a gameplay perspective, Con is of limited use. It's somewhat nice for how I play the game, but I only rest on found supplies, so the extra health it gives is useful in the early-mid game. The extra endurance is pretty negligible, at least if playing with a full party. It's rare enough to go down in a situation where the fight wasn't going to be resolved without further incident to not need any more in-fight HP.

Of course, by level 12 or so, the team is clicking, and the extra Health isn't even needed, as it's just curb stomps till games over/get bored.

Stop making sense and talking me out of this! lmao

Have gun will travel.

LOL - the topic title!  :blink:  :lol:

I'm always open for experiments and extremes (when it comes to class builds that is) - so go for it and tell us what you find out!

p.s.: And there are builds in my mind that would require maxed CON. So no killing here. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Man, now I kind of want to figure out what combination of build, buffs, blood pool, etc etc. would give you the absolute highest possible HP.

Build for literally nothing else except making that HP climb.

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Boreal dual wield hatchet rogue ftw! Though the powergamers would probably have a stroke.

Loads of fun - still decent damage but surprisingly robust as well. A bit of might - around 14, 17 Dex, 15 Resolve - the rest around 10.

Probably out damages the 18 strength dual wielding sabre dudes simply because in brigandine armour, + superiour deflection, resolve and hatchets he spends less time kipping on the floor. :)

Seriously, finding it fun to work with new builds, and backstories, it's all Boeroer's fault. :)

Just with a slight difference though, pretty ordinary stats. Most of them don't even have 18 in the main stat. It actually works out well though, they tend to be more well rounded characters. And resolve is awesome for everyone!

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Hehe, it's a virus! :p

Tried a dwarven fighter once with CON 20, MIG 20, rest 3,10,10,15.

- Constant Recovery (+3 base recovery)

- Rapid Recovery (+1)

- Cloak of the Tireless Defender (+2)

- He Carries Many Scars (+1)

- Belt of Bountiful Healing (*1.15)

- Bracers of Enduring (+2 CON, +1 RES)

- Garodh's Chorus v. 2 (+2 MIG, Preservation)

- Ring of Prot.

- Ring of Defl.

- Old Gerun's Wall

- Blesca's Labor (draining, +17 ACC) + all the Weapon Mastery stuff

The recovery rate was like: 7 * 1.36 * 1.15 = ~11 points of endurance per tick (3 sec). ON top of that came the draining which wasn't too bad either (around 6 to 8 points per hit I guess). Fortitude went through the roof - nice against disables like prone etc. Will was ok, reflex was bad - but I coulkd compensate that with a large superb shield and Weapon & Shield Style. All in all nearly unkillable as long as Constant Recovery was on. And I had things like Unbending, Unbroken, Critical Defense and so on. Would have liked to have more INT and to do more damage. But truly a real survivor. I could totally afford to take things like Take the Hit and stuff. Wasn't really noticable if your buddies weren't too squishy. :) Moon Godlike would have been the overkill I guess.

Some of that findings went into my Torchlight-II-inspired Engineer build which I'm refining and writing some text for at the moment (amongst others).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

@Boroer - love dwarfs, maybe its some Freudian throwback due to me being short and squat...

Have you done a dps Fighter?

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

With the Engineer? Kind of in between - high burst damage and high survivability. 50% tank and 50% dps I would say. But I might retrain and shift the tank/dps slider a little bit back and forth before I set this build in stone. Making up builds is easy - but the validating from lvl. 1 to 14 takes a lot of time. I'm really glad that there's a console command that lets you unlock all maps. :)

The test-guy-fighter I posted above was a pure tank.