combat speed etc

lordkim

Question

10 answers to this question

Hey, I've registered the forum to ask the same question.

I always play combat on slow, and it still seems fast in massive clashes. There are too many things happening to let the game flow for any reasonable time. As a result, I constantly have to press Pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause just to pause again less than in a second.

I'm not sure what is the right speed decrease for me, maybe 4x... If there is a way to try it out by adjusting something in gamefiles pls clarify.

There are too many things happening to let the game flow for any reasonable time. As a result, I constantly have to press Pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause just to pause again less than in a second.

Not trying to argue your preferences here, but "press pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause" is supposed to be the fun in this game's combat. You are not supposed to let the game flow for any length of time unless you mapped everything to hotkeys and tried to play it Starcraft-style.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey, I've registered the forum to ask the same question.

I always play combat on slow, and it still seems fast in massive clashes. There are too many things happening to let the game flow for any reasonable time. As a result, I constantly have to press Pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause just to pause again less than in a second.

I'm not sure what is the right speed decrease for me, maybe 4x... If there is a way to try it out by adjusting something in gamefiles pls clarify.

If they did a beta they could add more speed settings and ask for feedback on what the best slowest speed is or something.

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

There are too many things happening to let the game flow for any reasonable time. As a result, I constantly have to press Pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause just to pause again less than in a second.

Not trying to argue your preferences here, but "press pause, evaluate the situation/adjust orders, then unpause" is supposed to be the fun in this game's combat. You are not supposed to let the game flow for any length of time unless you mapped everything to hotkeys and tried to play it Starcraft-style.

I like this pause-play style, don't get me wrong. I just need a few more moments to sit and watch how the guys do what I asked them to))

I like this pause-play style, don't get me wrong. I just need a few more moments to sit and watch how the guys do what I asked them to))

Have you tried playing around with the frame rate limit? Try setting it to thirty, and turn off Vsync.

Have you tried playing around with the frame rate limit? Try setting it to thirty, and turn off Vsync.

Not sure how can this help, but I've tried it anyway - no difference, as expected.

So it seems no way to alter game speed beyond the interface allows, and no hints from Obsidian devs about tweaking game files. It appears not many persons see the problem so it's unlikely to be addressed in the future :-(

Have faith. Soon there will be a new version of the IE Mod out, and you'll be able to use its extra slow combat option.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus