[CLASS BUILD] Riptide & The Pit Fright (dps & offtank melee ranger double team supreme)

@Scottlameany: You can apply the same basic principle (automatic wounding which will always unlock Predator's Sense) with the early hunting bow "Persistence". It has the same enchantment as Tidefall (wounding) which makes it one of the best single target ranged weapons right away and also helps to boost your Animal Companion's damage. It's also much easier to get than Tidefall (still some tricky fighting though, but more space to kite).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 year later...

So just a few questions about this build. 

I am currently level 8 on my ranger and have been following this build for the most part. I just got tidefall and the shod in faith boots and it is starting to come together. 

The shod in faith boots say 1 per encounter. Was this the case when you designed this build? 

Also i have been running so far with my stats as follows mig 18, con 3, dex 20, per 10, int 10 and resolve 17, so far the deflection has carried me through but it seems to be leveling off now in act 2, i plan to change the stats as you suggested them for the most part, i was just thrown off when i saw shod in faith was once per encounter, im not sure if dumping my res to get crit just for 1 heal is worth it however i may be mistaken if the int. makes the one thing last a while.

You might remember me from my posts about paladins and cipher builds, after trying both of those i ended up settling on this one, i was originally playing on switch and did not have the luxury of running ranger which is my ideal role play especially bc of wasteland. 

Either way thanks for the help thus far and all the really coop builds so far this ranger class has been great.

I don't remember if Shod in Faith Boots triggered Consecrated Ground once per encounter or more often. I believe it was twice per encounter.

However, Consecrated isn't just one single heal. It's a pulsing healing spell which lasts for some time. And when I played this it wasn't just intended to heal me but also the party members around me, including my wolf. 

But I think you can totally play this with high Resolve. Maybe even switch to Drawn in Spring (also wounding) at some point, retrain and get a shield in order to amp up deflection even more. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods