Siege of dragonspear

Cyseal

am not certain how far $130 will get you insofar as hookers and blow is concerned, so perhaps the ce for sod is the more enlightened option.  our imagination is getting the better of us at the moment as we envision snaggle-toothed prostitutes wasted on coke cut with bath salts. 

*shudder*

obviously Gromnir ain't the target audience for the sod ce. we suspect that beamdog would get far more ce purchasers with a more modest offering o' the collector's edition bundle o' an expansion for a +15-year-old game.... leonard nimoy's suspect business advice notwithstanding.  that being said, the ce extras is no worse than is typical o' collector's editions for more robust games. 

even so, sod looks to be a genuine expansion that will be offering a fair amount o' additional gameplay to the bg catalog.  without having played the title, am not gonna complain 'bout the $20 pricetag for sod and we sure ain't gonna try and convince folks that beamdog's efforts is little more than a mod.  $130  does strike us as a bit steep for the ce.

aside: nepenthe can acquire the original bg soundtracks by purchasing the $40 package, yes?  sure, you won't get the amulet, dice and cloth map at $40, but...

*shrug*

as we said, Gromnir is clear not beamdog's target purchaser for the ce.

HA! Good Fun!

I dont think anyone in Europe is the target audience for it unfortuantely.  Theres a $40 shipping cost ontop of that which brings it up to completely rediculous prices for me personally.

Like I said though, I dont dispute that the price is high, just thought "cash grab" was an unfair term.  To me cash grab means minimal effort has been put into the product and then quickly sold off for as much as they can milk fans for.  The CE looks nice, just too much...

That may be the problem, i'm an older gentleman and modern collectors editions are what was standard when I was first entering into gaming, I still have a host of feelies, such as ankhs, cloth maps, artwork and whatnot. Which incidentally serve quite well as props in the pen and paper game.

It is by no means my place to judge anothers purchases however, one is free to dabble in whatever they wish, and if satisfied with the purchase then it has been worth the price I suppose.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I find it humorous that some people are getting worked up over what people are calling SoD. Reminds of people who call comic books graphic novels.

I call them illustrated books using multiple panels per page and text to craft a story as opposed to picture books which has one illustration a page to illustrate the story; also there is clever use of design and panel-to-panel transitions to create story movement within the visual context.

Usually after calling them this, people look at me funny.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

SoD intro cutscene looks great. Can't believe that my most anticipated games of 2016 are a Baldur's Gate and Torment game, did we go back in time to 1998/1999? :thumbsup:

I have to admit that the only thing I took away from the demonstration following the intro cutscene was that they should have used some players who knew what they were doing, rather than a blindfolded Gibbon.

Edit: No offense to Gibbons of course.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well the voice actor is David Warner by the sounds of it, which makes your supposition astute in my estimation.

Tea for the teapot!

I am a little concerned that it may end up like the IWD games: lots of combat, but little story. They can't change BG2 much, so nothing you do in this interlude is going to matter in the long run.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Final boss a woman? Can't remember last game I played with that feature.

Throne of Bhaal?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well the voice actor is David Warner by the sounds of it, which makes your supposition astute in my estimation.

Something is really, really off with Irenicus' voice here. He's supposed to be cold and ruthless, an elf devoid of emotion, and while he certainly hammed it up in SoA every now and then David Warner is channeling his inner Shatner here, and the contrast with the incredibly grating voice over of the other guy he's talking to doesn't help either.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

$175 to preorder the CE  :facepalm:

I've splurged on some Kickstarter projects... but damn that's pretty damn steep for what's on offer and with my luck I'd get a bunch of import taxes and customs charges on top of that... I think I'll pass.