Siege of dragonspear

Cyseal

Yep. Everything they've done so far is poor quality cashgrab that didn't really need to exist, so it remains unknown whether they can create a new quality game.

That said, it's on an Infinity Engine base, so unless they screw up spectacularly it should be fun enough.

• Like 1

I do believe it's a terrible idea to create the game with a direct connection to the story of the originals. It'll just make people draw even more direct comparison between style, tone and writing quality to the original games and that's pretty much a death sentence for the Beamdog's game. But oh well, we'll see.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I'm too subjective for it because it's been 15 since BG2 and it seems as yesterday.  I think story will be brand new with maybe some cameos from original game. They have written Neera and Raasad well so I like the writing style. I think that original Minsc's and Irenicus's voice actors are also in the project.

I was under the impression that the young lady was of similar divine heritage to Charname, but the by-blow of another deity, and that she was in Mr Avellone's words "doing a better job of it than the protagonist."

Edit: I may be mistaken however, as I was not paying too much attention when I heard or read that from wherever.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Basing a game on Dragonspear Castle is not promising in my book. The Hordes of  Dragonspear module was one of the gawd awful releases that TSR ever put out.

to be fair, beamdog is using the setting rather than the module, yes?  is a bit like hating movies set in chicago 'cause you saw red heat and were justifiably disappointed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWRhNZNFzw

unlike tim cain, beam dog is NOT trying to recreate old d&d pnp modules... thank goodness.  am still not certain why folks at troika failed to talk cain away from that blunder... as well as his flamboyant pirate.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Huh, I missed out on the Dragonspear module. At the time we were busy with Waterdeep, Dragonlance, even Kara-tur. And secretly MERP, sometimes GURPS. Also jumping the Ford Fairmont wagon over snow-covered parking blocks after seeing Die Hard in the theater.   

All Stop. On Screen.

I picked up a multipack Red Heat/Raw Deal/Total Recall on Blu-ray for $10 or so. Not sure why because it was a few years ago and I haven't watched the discs yet.

Aside (since it came up in the FO4 thread), it seems there are way more movies I recognise set in Chicago than in Boston. Still couldn't name a single landmark there though, I'd have them at similar status in a "name a random US city" contest. :ninja:

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 1 month later...

well bad for them. Feb 5 is the date of Xcom 2 release.

They're not releasing it Feb 5, just showing it off via live stream.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Now I'm confused, as far as I can tell they're streaming the dev's playing it prior to its release.  Nothing in the link indicated the game was coming out Feb 5.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Who would watch some stream instead of playing the game of the year on the release? I mean...

I agree. Firaxis should postpone the release of XCOM2 becasue of SoD livestream. It's showing new Bladur's gate content and story after 15 years.

Edited by Cyseal
  • Like 1

Yep. Everything they've done so far is poor quality cashgrab that didn't really need to exist, so it remains unknown whether they can create a new quality game.*

That said, it's on an Infinity Engine base, so unless they screw up spectacularly it should be fun enough.

Let me asterisk that for you:

*If windows pc is the only relevant platform to you and you enjoy installing mods just to get a game work (which two groups probably have 100 % overlap)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif