Thanks that you have

I'd like to say much more....but can't express my feelings (english is not my native language so take my apologize). I enjoyed NWN2,MOTB and SOZ(I just like fantasy worlds) thank you very much for it. I finished them twice. In my opinion that was the best licensed AD&D game. Now Pillars....and there are so many choices and so much content, story plot is awesome....for me its just masterpice. Thank you very much for what you doing and keep it up!

P.S.: Can't wait for TWM part II 

• Like 11

What main character did you use, and which NPC's or hired mercs? Just curious :biggrin:

I did wood elf rogue and now he like Jarlaxle has many magical items which sometimes keep him alive:) I traveling with Aloth, Eder, Kana, Hiravias and Devil of Caroc.

Whow, someone enjoyed SoZ?... How's that possible? I thought I would puke by the end of it...

Try Mysteries of Westgate, it's fantastic. Also IMHO NWN1 is waaay batter than NWN2 in almost every aspect including modules and addons. Hordes of The Underdark is true masterpiece. 

Sorry for derailing this topic, but can't ignore when someone mentions NWN, I love these games =)

Whow, someone enjoyed SoZ?... How's that possible? I thought I would puke by the end of it...

Try Mysteries of Westgate, it's fantastic. Also IMHO NWN1 is waaay batter than NWN2 in almost every aspect including modules and addons. Hordes of The Underdark is true masterpiece. 

Sorry for derailing this topic, but can't ignore when someone mentions NWN, I love these games =)

Agree with pretty much everything except... I loved SoZ.

I think that his masterpiece for everyone ;)

Mask of the betrayer ftw! Westgate was great though. SoZ was a mixed bag for me. I liked the ideas and experimentation behind it. The world map and trading was fairly unique, so know kudus for the devs experimenting. But overall I thought it just didn't gel well. I did enjoy it though, just thought it didn't quite work out.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I love this game a lot too(currently on my first play through)! Some of the characters are likable, but that doesn't mean that they're written badly. Eder, Hiravias, Pallegina, The Grieving Mother, and Zahua are my favorite companions so far.

The Orlan race are my favorite so far, with a preference more towards the Wild Orlans. I just wish I could learn more about the Orlan race.  The Cipher class is like a dream class that has came true for me. Playing that class is so much fun, and I feel like my Orlan is unstoppable. 

Ok. I'm going to stop nerdgasm now, but more POE is always a good thing in my book these days.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

No one expected the Death Godlike to save the day #DeathDwarf#DeathWatcher#OnceuponaDwarf

"A drink for every person that heard I was a cipher and thought he must be an orlan." #Aptapo#CipherDwarf

I love this game a lot too(currently on my first play through)! Some of the characters are likable, but that doesn't mean that they're written badly. Eder, Hiravias, Pallegina, The Grieving Mother, and Zahua are my favorite companions so far.

The Orlan race are my favorite so far, with a preference more towards the Wild Orlans. I just wish I could learn more about the Orlan race.  The Cipher class is like a dream class that has came true for me. Playing that class is so much fun, and I feel like my Orlan is unstoppable. 

Ok. I'm going to stop nerdgasm now, but more POE is always a good thing in my book these days.  :biggrin:

Everything is pretty new so not much info is available. I actually find that a positive thing, many new worlds start out vague and exciting. There is a sense of mystery about them. And then the details arrive.... Many fantasy writers aren't that great, and the devil is in the details.

Good example is Warcraft, many years ago when there were hints and rumors, it was an interesting place, but as soon as they started laying down detail after detail the magic disappeared.

The mind hunters are very cool and I'd imagine a wild Orlan would fit right into that theme. Not sure how much you know about the backstory?

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Mind_hunter

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Also IMHO NWN1 is waaay batter than NWN2 in almost every aspect including modules and addons.

The original original campaign was truly awful, but otherwise I'd tend to agree. That said MotB was one of the best campaigns around.

No argument here, didn't mention, because, well, that much is obvious. NWN2 original is also pretty awfull, tho MoTB was huge breakthrough. Honestly, that's some kinda tradition in some RPG's I played. Let's make a quick overview:

NWN1 main campaign awfull - official addons are great, same with NWN2, Shadowrun Returns - awfull, Dragonfall/Hong-Kong - perfect, I had same hope for Divinity OS, but didn't happen... maybe DOS2 will be better. As a matter of fact, first campaign of those games I view as tech demos, they show you limits of game engine, overall gameplay mechanics, interactions with the world and etc, but completely sucks at story and narration, making playing it only for the sake of mechanics, but totally unangaging to follow the story.

Just my 2 cents =)

Also IMHO NWN1 is waaay batter than NWN2 in almost every aspect including modules and addons.

The original original campaign was truly awful, but otherwise I'd tend to agree. That said MotB was one of the best campaigns around.

No argument here, didn't mention, because, well, that much is obvious. NWN2 original is also pretty awfull, tho MoTB was huge breakthrough. Honestly, that's some kinda tradition in some RPG's I played. Let's make a quick overview:

NWN1 main campaign awfull - official addons are great, same with NWN2, Shadowrun Returns - awfull, Dragonfall/Hong-Kong - perfect, I had same hope for Divinity OS, but didn't happen... maybe DOS2 will be better. As a matter of fact, first campaign of those games I view as tech demos, they show you limits of game engine, overall gameplay mechanics, interactions with the world and etc, but completely sucks at story and narration, making playing it only for the sake of mechanics, but totally unangaging to follow the story.

Just my 2 cents =)

I think here is no arguments...I just love their style and that's all.

I liked NWN2 much better than NWN1.  Deekin was a good NPC, but besides that the characters weren't memorable.  I liked the larger party size.  I liked the exploration of NWN2.  I liked the Shandra Jerro jokes.  I liked the commander of the keep sections.

I thought MoTB was better, but I think people are overestimating how different the two are.  SoZ was fun.

Everything is pretty new so not much info is available. I actually find that a positive thing, many new worlds start out vague and exciting. There is a sense of mystery about them. And then the details arrive.... Many fantasy writers aren't that great, and the devil is in the details.

Good example is Warcraft, many years ago when there were hints and rumors, it was an interesting place, but as soon as they started laying down detail after detail the magic disappeared.

The mind hunters are very cool and I'd imagine a wild Orlan would fit right into that theme. Not sure how much you know about the backstory?

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Mind_hunter

Don't get me wrong, I love that everything is new. It's like as we play through the games (if there going to be more than two POEs) then our characters will go through the ages, and we'll create the history of the world, while unlock new information. Like maybe some years will pass by for POE2 and we will be able to hear tales of the Watcher. 

But, the only reason I wanted more information is so I can build a better backstory for my Orlan (especially the Wild Orlan) without him acting too human, too elf, etc. I spend time writing in the note section in the game as like my character's journal. I know Wild Orlans are treated badly in general, so I reflect that in his journal. 

Thanks for the link. I don't really know that much about them, but I've read every information that is offered in the game. Most of the Ciphers in Dyrwood are Orlans, which is very few since Orlans aren't that common in Dyrwood. 

No one expected the Death Godlike to save the day #DeathDwarf#DeathWatcher#OnceuponaDwarf

"A drink for every person that heard I was a cipher and thought he must be an orlan." #Aptapo#CipherDwarf

The NPC's in NWN and NWN2 were not great though, obviously in NWN they were virtually non existent, in 2 well they were mostly irritating. Neeshka has got to be my "most irritating character ever". I'm never happy when npc's turn against me and I have to kill them, but I gladly made an exception with her. MotB had much better npc's, but I have to say I still liked both of NWN's. They had moments of genuis in them. The "village out of time" Lathander quest in NWN is still one of my favourite quests. But consistency was an issue.

Lord of Light