So I just got SMASHED in Caed Nua at level 3 on my first TC try.  I have not played since 2.02.  Are Phantoms and Shades immune to Knock Down? My usual Durance (trap) Eder High ACC Knock down was useless.  I am assuming they are I just forgot to read the combat log and died.  It actually makes sense they float lol I have always thought that.  I assume they are immune to frightened/terrorized as well it would make sense.  So harsh now!  I love it!

Have gun will travel.

Darcozzi is a good choice. Can't go wrong with more acc.

Ya but every ToI I do with them I have TERRIBLE luck lmao.  My first successful ToI/PoTD was with a Kind Wayfarer.

Have gun will travel.

Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended, but Arcane Dampener will strip (some?) immunities. 

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What? How cool is that? Nice info! I have to test that on Concelhaut, who's immune to pierce and shock (poor Stormcaller ranger). :p

This might mean that Deprive the Unworthy also suppresses immunities. Could you test it? I don't know how to lol I only have one save and it's in sun and shadows.

Have gun will travel.

Example: spirits are immune to prone. Hit them with arcane dampener and then they are not. Unsure if damage immunities are similarly effected.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

On the one hand, that's obviously not working as intended, since spirits immunity to prone is innate (unless arcane dampener literally stops them from floating). On the other hand I love it.

FWIW, they have a prone animiation. Possibly a hold over from pre-2.03, but maybe not.

Ok, I did a test against the sky dragon...

sky-dragon-immunities.png

And this:

sky_dragon_afflicted.png

Says it all.  :dancing:

I didn't manage to land a terrify on him because my chanter was stunned so often that his phrase-counter stayed at 3... grrr.  :facepalm:

What doesn't work: immunities to damage types (corrode e.g.) don't get removed.

Repulsing Seal works just fine - like before. You just need the Ring or a wizard or a paladin now. By the way: Deprive the Unworthy is still a auto hit without ACC check or whatever.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Dude that makes Deprive the Unworthy A LOT more attractive and not just worth it for Thaos fight.  I guess the status immunities on bosses/enemies are being counted as buffs.  Intended? not intended? What do you guys think?

Have gun will travel.

Ya I posted it. :( Hope its intended as it would make Deprive the Unworthy very worth it for ToI runs as it will allow you to strip immunities from bosses that can really end your run.  I just don't want to cheese the game if it isn't intended.

Have gun will travel.