Zahua and Devil of Caroc bug

Elfyy

Question

Hi it seems that I have a nasty bug. When I choose the whole party to move in formation both Zahua and Devil of Caroc won't move. When I try to move them separately they are moving like flying and when they stop they start trembling. During the fights they are not fighting at all.

Also the soul weapons that they are carrying are in purple squares.

I try to load some saves back but I am having the same problem. I think this is happened when updated the White Mach package from 2.0 to 2.03.

More specific I used the following updates

Pillars.of.Eternity.Royal.Edition.v1.06.0617-GOG

Pillars.of.Eternity.The.White.March.Part.1.Patch.2.0.1.10-GOG

Pillars.of.Eternity.The.White.March.Part.1.Patch.2.1.0.11-GOG

Pillars.of.Eternity.The.White.March.Part.1.Patch.2.2.0.12-GOG

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6sdqydlqg2gtk11/AAATjeZnF_8q_pLGq-qyHa9Ba?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6c3pjhecrsznous/c203b45ebe8c41d7b542a42dbc43bd9f%2025428515%20BreithEaman.savegame?dl=0

5 answers to this question

Hey Elfyy,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! The problem you are experiencing is because you have 1.06 base game and 2.01 TWM. Both games need to have the same build. Please uninstall your game and download the latest installers on GOG for both the base game and the DLC.

Thank you for your support!

I have the same problem, but the game, TWM Part 1, TWM Part 2 are all version 3.01 on my PC. The Pre-Order DLC is also fully updated!

It really pisses me off - bugs upon bugs upon bugs. I had to re-install the game 3 times already because PoE developers are so damn inept.

Edited by MonarchX

I did not have this problem with 3.01... but it has appeared now with 3.02.  when she does move... it's a glide instead of a walk, and she vibrates when standing still.

otherwise... yeah, she fails to move at all unless I select her individually and repeatedly click on her to move somewhere.

will try reinstalling the white march 2 3.02 patch again, and see if that fixes it.

nope.  says I have "the wrong version" of caroc.

everything else goes ok.

hmm.

I wonder what version it's looking for?

Edited by Ichthyic

I wiped my version of caroc entirely, and replaced it with, of all things, a 3.02 unix version that someone gave me, which worked just fine for my windows version of the game and allowed me to do a no-error install of the 3.02 patch.  after that, she was fine.

but, since I have the "pink mines" issue, I'm currently doing yet ANOTHER (third times the charm!) full reinstall from scratch and see if that smooths out all the remaining issues.

fingers friggen crossed.

;)

Edited by Ichthyic