Wasn't Shivering Isles considered an expansion rather than just story DLC?

An add-on's an add-on.

In the context of how it is priced it's not.  A full expansion that gives 20+ hours of story content shouldn't be priced the same as a DLC that only adds a large area but whose story content is lacking.

Obviously the above is an assumption on my part based on how the core game's story and quests were lacking.  I'm assuming that Bethesda won't suddenly do a 180 and actually come up with a rich, in depth quest(s) for the DLC that they didn't for the core game.  So assuming the DLC follows along the same path as the core game quests, I'd say you *can* compare that to their titles that actually did add good content and say it should be priced differently.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What the hell is with those DLC prices?  Anyone who pays those prices for that crap deserves constant crashes to desktop.

I'm taking the wait and see approach. Eventually the whole package will get re-released in some "GOTY" edition (all DLC's included) at bargain prices original.gif

that is our plan for almost every title.  a week before christmas we purchased goty edition for pc dragon age: inquisition. $20.  

is not as if we is a pauper, but in addition to getting more stable games with additional content, waiting +6 months to get at 1/2 or 1/3 price reduces our nerd-rage inclinations.  pay +$60 for a mediocre game that were made only marginal better with $30 worth o' dlc might anger Gromnir.  pay $20 for a mediocre title and am gonna walk away after +40 hours o' gameplay feeling satisfied even if moderate underwhelmed. 

other than kickstarters, it takes an aberrational low sales price to get us to purchase any earlier than 6 months.

HA! Good Fun!

ps full disclosure: we actual already own fo4 as it came with an xbone deal which we indulged last december.  however, the game is still in the shrinkwrap.  *chuckle* will likely purchase a fo4 goty edition 10 months to get all the dlc at one low price.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

is not as if we is a pauper, but in addition to getting more stable games with additional content, waiting +6 months to get at 1/2 or 1/3 price reduces our nerd-rage inclinations.  pay +$60 for a mediocre game that were made only marginal better with $30 worth o' dlc might anger Gromnir.  pay $20 for a mediocre title and am gonna walk away after +40 hours o' gameplay feeling satisfied even if moderate underwhelmed. 

I wish I could have taken this approach but I was too hyped  :getlost:

Had that plan too, but the more I learned about the game the less I wanted to play it let alone pay for the privilege. Bethesda went for the opposite of everything I had hoped they'd improve from Fallout 3.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

• 1 month later...

So Fallout 4 just won a Bafta award...it's now officially better than The Witcher 3  :dancing:

Geez...I'm playing W3 now and its amazing

Its hard to think of a Fallout 4 being even better than that ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So Fallout 4 just won a Bafta award...it's now officially better than The Witcher 3  :dancing:

Its not. Not even close. Fallout 4 is the Cawadoody of Fallout games. They removed most of the C&C, removed stat based dialogue choices, removed skills, etc. Basically the only RPG elements are dialogues and equipment, and the only choice you really get to make in the game is which 2 of 3 factions to kill.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Its not. Not even close. Fallout 4 is the Cawadoody of Fallout games. They removed most of the C&C, removed stat based dialogue choices, removed skills, etc. Basically the only RPG elements are dialogues and equipment, and the only choice you really get to make in the game is which 2 of 3 factions to kill.

Oh okay....and using Mods? Do they save the game at all?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Modkit isn't even released yet, as far as I am aware. That means, modders are kinda limited right now.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Modkit isn't even released yet, as far as I am aware. That means, modders are kinda limited right now.

My hat .....I love Bethesda games but the thought of playing any Bethesda game without Mods is a foreign concept to me 

John Milton 

FO4 isn't even close to the same realm of quality as the Witcher 3.  These awards are ridiculously dumb, where they just hand them out to whoever seems to pay the most or who had the biggest advertising budget.

In terms of actual quality, I can think of about 10 games in the past year that were better than FO4.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Based on the article, BAFTA has panel judges for the different categories, but opens up the game of the year to all members. So the professionals end up picking all the little indie games that no one really play for the smaller awards, and Game of the Year is usually just a top selling game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What's your point?

bethseda make dubm gaems for dubm people?

But the Fallout franchise wasn't about dubm gaems. I thought beths had learned a thing or two after New Vegas but nooooooooo...they always have to do things "their way".

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.