I beat the game at level 61. Only reason that is necessary was Bethesda ruining the skill system.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Maybe it's my juvenile humor but, Curie's kind of amusing to have around as a companion.  Just her little comments whenever I either kill someone or pick things up off dead bodies.

Oh, and she's hot. ;)

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe it's my juvenile humor but, Curie's kind of amusing to have around as a companion.  Just her little comments whenever I either kill someone or pick things up off dead bodies.

Oh, and she's hot. ;)

Thats why she was my companion the majority of the time.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think what is surprising me somewhat is the sudden spate of game editorials that relate to the whole "Fallout 4 reminds me that no crpg really has roleplaying, but the whole being able to engage some wild animals and run over there so that the raiders get into a fight with them, which causes the group of gunners over here to be involved is very roleplaying and combined with the environmental storytelling is amazingly roleplayerish."

Or how while playing the game the fact that in their head they come up with a complete narrative of them shooting at Brotherhood of Steel because they know their character has a distrust of authority, and the way that they respond by shooting back and giving the editorial writer even more narrative creation in their head makes Fallout 4 a great game.

A game that inspired imagination is good. A game that has no depth of storyline or characters on its own where you have to create everything in your head.. seems to me as not actually being that great.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think what is surprising me somewhat is the sudden spate of game editorials that relate to the whole "Fallout 4 reminds me that no crpg really has roleplaying, but the whole being able to engage some wild animals and run over there so that the raiders get into a fight with them, which causes the group of gunners over here to be involved is very roleplaying and combined with the environmental storytelling is amazingly roleplayerish."

Or how while playing the game the fact that in their head they come up with a complete narrative of them shooting at Brotherhood of Steel because they know their character has a distrust of authority, and the way that they respond by shooting back and giving the editorial writer even more narrative creation in their head makes Fallout 4 a great game.

A game that inspired imagination is good. A game that has no depth of storyline or characters on its own where you have to create everything in your head.. seems to me as not actually being that great.

This is actually how a large amount of people on the Bethesda forums like to 'roleplay'.  I've often thought they'd be happier with no story structure at all, looks like they're getting closer to their perfect game  :disguise:

Ive never been much about the "story", vastly preferring the combat. Which probably explains the 1600+ hours I have on my DH in Diablo 3 and the zero hours I have on PoE.

Havent played FO4 yet since that perspective makes me ill but if it has great combat then I probably wouldnt care about the story much at all. I guess I just prefer aRPG these days.

• Like 1

Havent played FO4 yet since that perspective makes me ill but if it has great combat then I probably wouldnt care about the story much at all. I guess I just prefer aRPG these days.

That's pretty much the perspective one needs to take with FO4.  If you go into the game playing it for the story, or even hoping for a decent story, you'll be disappointed.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finally finished the main quest with my original character.  Will get back to posting screenshots soonish.

General bulletpoint thoughts:

• Not as strong as FONV or FO3
  • Strong ideas that were poorly developed
  • High CHR characters should have a way to reconcile Institute-Railroad; that this doesn't seem possible (given the way the plot progresses) was maddening.
  • Allied settlement management is fun in small doses.  However it is really annoying when you have a settlement with over 100 security and people get kidnapped from it.
  • Endgame choices were designed to be "hard choices" but it was difficult to accept when the hard choices exist because the PC is completely ineffectual in pointing out the obvious flaws in the "logic" used to explain why certain events happen.
  • Endgame plot thread seemed very short
  • Liked combat, like playing with weapons, armor and mods.
  • Enjoyed the setting
  • Plot holes and lore holes could be distracting. 
  • Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Your new avatar looks like someone is groping that lady's breasts.

Its just the top of her outfit. It's got a feathery shape

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did a bit of a speed run to finish with the Railroad.  It seems all factions are bloodthirsty bastards in this game.  No one ever seems to want to even attempt a peaceful solution.

Bethesda fans like to LARP in their games. They imagine many things. Me personally, I really can't play like that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It really blows my mind how badly Bethesda made F4. In the Bethesda forum people are complaining about getting their posts deleted when they talk about how bad things are in the game.

Honestly I've not seen a more broken and incomplete game released in some time. It just sucks that gamers let 3rd rate gaming software companies off the hook for stuff like this.

No DLC? Hell I've got a lifetime ban on Bethesda products until something changes.

No DLC? Hell I've got a lifetime ban on Bethesda products until something changes.

I for one am looking forward to the DLC announcement so we can see another riveting plotline where the aliems invade again and the synths and humans are forced to sign a peace treaty to unite against them as the Institute mass produces synthetic gorillas and dinosaurs that you can ride into combat against the alien mothership.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hello. I've been away doing stuff in the real world.

Scary.

Wow I miss Gfted1. He's like my gaming doppleganger. But handsomer.

Anyway, I picked up FO4 in the Steam Sale and would be very grateful for some advice on character builds. Basically I want to stealth / snipe the crap out of the game and lurk about with rifles etc. Am not interested in clunking about in power armour.

Am happy to break game and ruthlessly exploit glitches.

Have limited time atm.

I also gave up on Pillars of Yawn-ternity.

sonsofgygax.JPG

That said, I'd start with enough INT and AGL to get Gun Nut and Stealth and trick out your sniper rifle as fast as possible. 

Once that's done the new system allows you to add points to SPECIAL or PERKS so its just a matter of following whatever path you want (FO4, like the ES, pretty much allows you to be excellent at most everything if you level enough).