Now I lost Piper. I changed tag a longs and sent her to Red Rocket, which is where I was at and now I want to take her with me, now she isn't there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Now I lost Piper. I changed tag a longs and sent her to Red Rocket, which is where I was at and now I want to take her with me, now she isn't there.

Checked her office at Diamond City ?

Also, if she's simply hiding then you could build the Bell at Red Rocket. When rung it will summon everyone to it and you'll find her.

Btw. How are peoples opinion on the radiation/sandstorms? I thought they are obviously inspired by the various fo3/fnv mods that add such a thing... And I totally hated it. Can't see a shait and they are way too frequently appearing. Also npcs give a damn about it, ofc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Btw. How are peoples opinion on the radiation/sandstorms? I thought they are obviously inspired by the various fo3/fnv mods that add such a thing... And I totally hated it. Can't see a shait and they are way too frequently appearing. Also npcs give a damn about it, ofc.

Yeah I thought they were pretty awesome until I found all my companions wandering around in it, instead of sheltering in my beautifully constructed shanties.  At least in Morrowind they had people cover up their faces.  

I actually like it as a concept.  And it looks nice; reminds me a bit of ashstorms in Morrowind. Although I'd like there to be more consequences to it, like having to build a radiation shelter in towns to escape its effect and such.

Right now you can get radiation while standing in a house, but if you sleep at that same house the storm will pass and you won't get any more radiation which was...weird.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I don't think the engine can simulate sheltering from rain and that kind of thing? Otherwise it'd be awesome with a Frostfall type mod where you have to scramble to take shelter from dangerous environmental effects - or even just from the cold at night. (Someone should mod in proper seasons)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I mean I don't think there's any collision detection with the rain? So if you're in a gazebo or under an awning, say, the game still considers you to be out in the open. You can script NPCs to move to certain locations during a weather event, but I don't think you can correctly do things like taking radiation damage from the rain.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Not all of the rain storms are radioactive, so they have to have some way to distinguish in game from normal rain and radioactive storm already in the game, I'd think.

You'd just need to trigger the behavior to the storm - again I'd think.

Could be terribly, terribly wrong, though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There is rain collision detection now, a clever modder could maybe use that to change how the radstorms work but it's anyone's guess until we get the construction kit.

If you want a real kick in the nuts, the USS Constitution quest is the only one I've encountered with actual skill checks  happy0203.gif

But the game doesn't even have skills.  :o

This quest uses intelligence and perk checks to get stuff done quicker.  It's exactly how I hoped they'd preserve the use of skill checks, a perfectly acceptable system but so far it's the only example I've seen in 60 hours :(

Edited by WDeranged

I don't think the engine can simulate sheltering from rain and that kind of thing? Otherwise it'd be awesome with a Frostfall type mod where you have to scramble to take shelter from dangerous environmental effects - or even just from the cold at night. (Someone should mod in proper seasons)

One very simple way to do it would be a check if the player is standing under a roof tile, then turn of the radgain from radstorm.

It's not really that easy. As far as I can see, the engine doesn't really know when there is a roof tile and when there is not.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why does Strong hate everything I do? :'(

Like I can't just not pick locks. That's crazy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why does Strong hate everything I do? :'(

Like I can't just not pick locks. That's crazy.

Does he even like anything?  He dislikes it when I put on my power armor.  He seems to dislike me helping people.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If I don't scavenge every random suit of T-45 I come across, I might as well be dead.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The requirements for the companion quests are all over the place.  On one hand, I've had a couple of companions with me a lot of times and they seem to love everything I do.  Still no companion quest from them.  McCready, who I've brought along maybe on 2 or 3 quests, already has given me a companion quest for him.

And Paladin Danse still keeps hitting on me.  Slow your role, big guy.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Strong tended to like whenever I was helping settlements on Minutemen missions.

McCready has his own quest chain, or well, a couple of linked quests that crop up as your relationship keeps going buddy-buddy.

Piper's quest is that thing when you first meet her, so it feels odd to count it as a companion quest.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So I keep losing farms/settlements because I keep ignoring their happiness meter.  Why did Bethesda think it would be a good idea to implement this in a RPG?  I'm playing Fallout, not the Sims.  Yet I have to waste time at each and every farm/settlement building stuff for them or they get cranky and leave?  It's not fun, it's tedious and has no real point in the overall game.

I saved you from Raiders/Mutants.  I built you food, water, and turret defenses.  Now do something for yourselves for change.  Jesus.

• Like 2

I'm afraid I'm not enjoying Fallout 4 nearly as much as I did 3. I'm not sure why. The writing seems to be okay. 

I think it's the combat system? And the endless problems with weight limitations? 

Anyway, it's okay, but I'm regretting paying 70 bucks for it.

I enjoyed 3 far more but I was less critical back then so I dunno, maybe it's me?  I think the combat and world design are excellent but the disjointed conversations are frustrating and major characters don't react in a believable way to events, very often they don't react at all  :getlost:

It feels to me like Bethesda have abandoned internal consistency for the sake of epic ****, I know many people will say they've always been this way but I felt Skyrim was a step up and I had high hopes for Fallout 4.

So that's probably my problem, dashed hopes.  No doubt I'll come back to the game in a better mood next year, with my expectations suitably adjusted.

• Like 1