System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment (ex-Looking Glass devs)

Infinitron

Aren't they working on the Underworld sequel as well right now? I wonder how are they going to handle developing two titles of this size and... Well, I won't put too much trust into their abilities unless they actually release something playable. Yes, more than a sandbox.

Aren't they working on the Underworld sequel as well right now? I wonder how are they going to handle developing two titles of this size and... Well, I won't put too much trust into their abilities unless they actually release something playable. Yes, more than a sandbox.

Don't see them beginning to develop this until Underworld is done. They're very small. But we'll see.

Edited by Infinitron

I dont know. I really want the SS3 BUT the level design the musiv the atmosphere etc were so brilliantly crafted and tied with "on your toes" gameplay that i have serious doubts in the quality of this title by some low budget studio...

I simply do not want to get hyped only to get burned by my hype once the game releases.

They'll do an InXile and kickstart SS3 before Underworld is finished. Practically they'd start work on something else before Underworld wraps even if it were not announced.

I'm pretty happy with the announcement, far better than Night Dive trying to make it themselves or other likely scenarios, and some unlikely ones like Ken Levine making it at 2k.

I'm all for it.  For me a ****ty sequel doesn't ruin the games before it.  For example, Master of Orion 1&2 are still awesome despite MoO3 being utter garbage, no legacy was sullied as far as I'm concerned.  So, the way I see it is that a SS3 is gonna be made, there's a chance it's awesome and lives up to its predecessors, there's a chance it doesn't.  If no SS3 ever gets made then there's a 0% chance that we get another great game in the series.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm all for it.  For me a ****ty sequel doesn't ruin the games before it.  For example, Master of Orion 1&2 are still awesome despite MoO3 being utter garbage, no legacy was sullied as far as I'm concerned.  So, the way I see it is that a SS3 is gonna be made, there's a chance it's awesome and lives up to its predecessors, there's a chance it doesn't.  If no SS3 ever gets made then there's a 0% chance that we get another great game in the series.

I've been always surprised how much I liked MoO3 over the first and second one.

But controversial declarations aside: I'm on the same boat here. Personally, up to this point I wasn't even considering it possible, despite Night Dive Studios sorting out the IP nightmare. Now I'm just happy to see one of my beloved settings revisited by some of it's original creators.

No matter the end result, I strongly believe that they just can't fail as much as EA did with Syndicate.

So yeah - I'm cautiously optimistic, as in: "I'll better start hoarding money. You know, just in case."

Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Funny thing about EA is that Dead Space was a perfectly decent System Shock in all but name- and if it had kept the System Shock name it originally had I'd have been happy enough with the sequel- in marked contrast to Syndicate. I actually liked MoO3 too though, so my taste may be called into question.

It's certainly not surprising SS3 is coming, SS2 has sold extremely well at above 1.5 million copies*, it was recently free on GOG as a promo and Night Dive teased it recently. While SS1 has not sold well some sort of SS3 was a no brainer once ND got the rights back.

*It was above the million selling Twitcher 3 in GOG's sales ranking even prior to being given away in the previous sale, and Steamspy lists it at 650k on steam.

Edited by Zoraptor

Ah, to finally find kindred souls who also liked Master of Orion 3. I've put hundreds of hours into that game, but I can see why people would hate it (especially those who just wanted a reskinned Master of Orion 2, because MoO3 is different in EVERY aspect). It took me a long while to find out what the hell was going on and why my planets didn't do anything but build infantry and stupid troop ships. :dancing:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.