[WM1] Off-map enemies engaged upon exit into Longwatch Falls

Achilles

Question

1. Complete Bounty: The Gleaming Society (enemies will be replaced with a hodge-podge of primordials on next load)
  2. Enter Ice Cave
  3. Exit Ice Cave

Kana will begin chanting and any damage will be applied to enemies who are off-map above you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k58oxw1uhguuws/d183960f-c969-433f-a0b3-dfc8e3fd7dbb%20_2.savegame?dl=0

EDIT: Aaaaaaand of course I reload to see if it will do it again and it doesn't. And of course I didn't get a screenshot when it happened the first time. Not make this up, I promise! :)

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

5 answers to this question

I think it's a general issue with companion A.I.; it engages enemies in a certain radius regardless of whether they are within sight. Guess there might be an issue with the radius too?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Maybe, but I doubt it. Kana just stood there. Combat music was playing. I could see things taking burn damage on the cliff above. One of the Ice Trolls pathed all the way over to the cave entrance and fought my party on the narrow ledge leading up to the cave.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I will support Achilles because I also experienced some weird stuff with this encounter. I had a somewhat different "problem" after finishing this bounty quest though, but maybe it's related:

Every time I enter the map (after dealing with the Gl. Soc.) and go near the spot the combat music will start, the combat log will say something like "Gleaming Society Whoeverguy is activating Whateverability" - like it always says when you start an encounter. But in this case there's nobody there. The "fake" encounter stops after afew seconds and everything goes back to normal.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods