I'm just here to brag.

iO4q1tz.jpg

HqfTmmz.png

I got this last night and I'm really proud of myself.

Thanks to playing on Easy, an absurdly high Resolve to talk my way out of fights, and coming to the final fight with way too many potions and scrolls, I was able to finish while resting only seven times.

So it's not just all me tooting my own horn here: anyone else planning on attempting this achievement? I'd be more than happy to share advice.

• Like 9

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

iO4q1tz.jpg

HqfTmmz.png

Thanks to playing on Easy, an absurdly high Resolve to talk my way out of fights, and coming to the final fight with way too many potions and scrolls, I was able to finish while resting only seven times.

So it's not just all me tooting my own horn here: anyone else planning on attempting this achievement? I'd be more than happy to share advice.

Dude you have waaaaay to much time on your hands and I mean wwaaaaaaaaaay to much. Seriously way way to much. Way to much.

iO4q1tz.jpg

HqfTmmz.png

Dude you have waaaaay to much time on your hands and I mean wwaaaaaaaaaay to much. Seriously way way to much. Way to much.

Actually, it went quicker than you might think! Limiting your rests can mean skipping a lot of content, like...completely bypassing certain major quests in Dyrford.

qKz5nVP.png

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

iO4q1tz.jpg

HqfTmmz.png

Too

• Like 4

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

iO4q1tz.jpg

HqfTmmz.png

Too

I'm from australia. We have a different interpretation of English here. I'm also using my iPad with its stupid auto- correct.

By I appreciate you education in English thanks.

oh so the past 6 months of some folks saying that PoE forces players to "rest spam" in order to play good isn't really true?

That doesn't really apply to completing 5% of the content on easy and skipping every possible fight does it?

• Like 1

oh so the past 6 months of some folks saying that PoE forces players to "rest spam" in order to play good isn't really true?

That doesn't really apply to completing 5% of the content on easy and skipping every possible fight does it?

How one beats the game most certainly applies to claims of what the game supposedly forces you to do in order to beat it.

• Like 1

I don't recall anyone saying that you have to play like a murderhobo and kill everything in order to beat it.

Perhaps I misunderstood the things I read. Not uncommon for me lol - but totally worth it just to hear the phrase "murderhobo"

I don't recall anyone saying that you have to play like a murderhobo and kill everything in order to beat it.

Perhaps I misunderstood the things I read. Not uncommon for me lol - but totally worth it just to hear the phrase "murderhobo"

lol  I have to admit that the murderhobo term caught my eye also.  Does it say something bad about me that I found it so funny?  I've tended to actually role-play as best I could, which means avoiding most avoidable fights unless I'm convinced that someone is evil and meant to harm folks, in which case I've sometimes actually instigated fights and sometimes even outright started them, but mostly just talked my way past fights.  On the other hand, I don't tend to avoid hostile monsters on the roadside or whatnot.  I figure that those monsters are dangerous to travelers and I fight them.  ...But they're already hostile before they even see me, so no harm no foul.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

lol I have to admit that the murderhobo term caught my eye also. Does it say something bad about me that I found it so funny? I've tended to actually role-play as best I could, which means avoiding most avoidable fights unless I'm convinced that someone is evil and meant to harm folks, in which case I've sometimes actually instigated fights and sometimes even outright started them, but mostly just talked my way past fights. On the other hand, I don't tend to avoid hostile monsters on the roadside or whatnot. I figure that those monsters are dangerous to travelers and I fight them. ...But they're already hostile before they even see me, so no harm no foul.

It says something bad about both of us that another potential infamous exchange between "Zen vs Sen" turned in to a murderhobo revelation. I'm not sure if I'm role playing or not but in any RPG if someone even looks at me sideways I will reload to a previous Save in order to murder them all lol.

Couple edits. I'm being more heavy handed than I'd like, but let's, you know, have a place where we can just talk about the game and not people.

• Like 3

Simmer down, everyone. You can be a pacifist or a murderhobo, and both are valid playstyles and ways to beat the game. This ain't Undertale.

#topictitleofthecentury. And congratulations on your achievement man ;). Wish you had recorded some of the key moments on your journey. I'm very interested to see how you got around those 'major fights' through dialogue.

Actually, I did the whole run on a twitch.tv stream. The last few parts of the run should still be up on my channel for now, and I'll undoubtedly cobble together a highlights reel at some point.

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png

I'm going to gulag some posts in here. Please continue the discussion about the topic.

EDIT:  for clarity.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Simmer down, everyone. You can be a pacifist or a murderhobo, and both are valid playstyles and ways to beat the game. This ain't Undertale.

#topictitleofthecentury. And congratulations on your achievement man ;). Wish you had recorded some of the key moments on your journey. I'm very interested to see how you got around those 'major fights' through dialogue.

Actually, I did the whole run on a twitch.tv stream. The last few parts of the run should still be up on my channel for now, and I'll undoubtedly cobble together a highlights reel at some point.

So does this make you the official world record holder? There is one for Grimrock 2; the entire game beat in 57 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mRGRqHIjg

Claim your title, sir!

:bow: We're not worthy!  We're not worthy! :bow:

Congrats dude, that's something I just would not have the patience or mindset to pull off.  I approve heavily of your right to brag. :thumbsup:

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

So does this make you the official world record holder? There is one for Grimrock 2; the entire game beat in 57 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mRGRqHIjg

Claim your title, sir!

Wait, has no one claimed "first person to stream/post footage of No Rest for the Pro"? Did I do a big thing? :o

So for this purpose, does staying at an inn count?

It does. In fact, I only used camping supplies exactly once, and that was in the final dungeon, right before the final boss. Other than that, I slept exclusively in inns, because if I have to increment my rest count I might as well get some stat bonuses out of it.

:bow: We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!  :bow:

Congrats dude, that's something I just would not have the patience or mindset to pull off.  I approve heavily of your right to brag.  :thumbsup:

D'awww, thanks man.

qKz5nVP.png

Wait, has no one claimed "first person to stream/post footage of No Rest for the Pro"? Did I do a big thing?

In all seriousness, I do believe that you are the first. Unless I goof'd up a Google/YouTube search then you should put it out there "on the line" !

If someone else has already done it then those videos will get posted. But for now, yours would be the first! A worthy cause, imo.

Wait, has no one claimed "first person to stream/post footage of No Rest for the Pro"? Did I do a big thing?

In all seriousness, I do believe that you are the first. Unless I goof'd up a Google/YouTube search then you should put it out there "on the line" !

If someone else has already done it then those videos will get posted. But for now, yours would be the first! A worthy cause, imo.

Well, I have jack s*** for good video editing software, but...

http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn/v/28265749

There's a link to the last installment of the stream where I got the achievement. It's 9 hours long, so feel free to skip around.

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png