Tell-Tale Games Announces New Batman Video Game

ktchong

I knew it!

http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/10587-tell-tale-games-announces-new-batman-video-game

A month ago, I took a random video game survey.  It asked me a bunch of questions about TellTale games and Batman.  It was a looong survey, (but I got paid for it.)  First it asked me about how I felt about all the TellTale games.  Then it asked me about what kind of Batman game I would like to play, and which main villain I would like to see in the game.  And I thought, whoa, TellTale must be planning to make a Batman game... and ta-da!

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 2

I'm Batman

Only if you pass the QTE

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's ... Interesting. Brawler/Character action was a genre which worked perfectly for a Batman game, as Rocksteady showed us very nicely. I'm curious to see how will Telltale adapt Batman to fit their storytelling QTE ... Thing, but unless they really play on strengths of their way of telling a story and instead try to do a traditional Batman story, I'm afraid Rocksteady will remain the Batman Videogame Masters.

I just can't get excited about Telltale games any more.

TWD was amazing, but they've been slipping in quality ever since and the episodes come out so sporadically that it's best just to wait for a season to be completed and get the whole thing.

Also the formula is getting stale and the "none of your choices have any impact" thing is getting harder and harder to overlook.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I'd be more interested if their games weren't pure narrative with some random button mashing mixed in. Don't get me wrong I like a good story but if I wanted to watch something play out that I've got no real control of I'd rather not spend my time doing random QTEs throughout it and just relax and enjoy the plot.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That's ... Interesting. Brawler/Character action was a genre which worked perfectly for a Batman game, as Rocksteady showed us very nicely. I'm curious to see how will Telltale adapt Batman to fit their storytelling QTE ... Thing, but unless they really play on strengths of their way of telling a story and instead try to do a traditional Batman story, I'm afraid Rocksteady will remain the Batman Videogame Masters.

Yeah, I'm not sure a Batman game is conducive to the kind of storytelling focused games they make.  Batman under Rocksteady works because it mixes the cool stuff about Batman (action, gadgets) with a decent story backdrop.  Not sure how a game will work in the Batman setting without heavy emphasis on the fighting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)