[2.03] "A trap (Fireball) grazes Kana...FOR 137 BURN DAMAGE"

Achilles

Question

But hits Battery Siren for 63. They both have 12 DR vs Burn.

I know a save would be nice, but this is mid-combat so can I can't help you.

post-1981-0-78583600-1449204151_thumb.jpg

*shakes head in disbelief*

EDIT: the Battery Siren took about 75 damage (-12 for DR = the 63 displayed). Which means that Kana's damage was doubled instead of halved. Hopefully that saves you guys some head-scratching time.

Oh, sorry...tyme :)

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

10 answers to this question

From the dungeon, specifically just outside the room where you get the stone tablet. After taking it from the pool, the spirits outside the room will aggro and turn into wraiths, specters, Battery Sirens, etc. Two traps will also appear. One you can disarm before the fight starts. The other one is right where the Battery Siren's like to Abduct your party members. If you don't turn AI off, your other party members will run right across it trying to engage the spawned enemies. Whoever designed that encounter is a real bastard and you have my permission to tell them I said so. :)

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That's the thing: it did hit something else in the blast radius and only did half the damage.

So an enemy, in the blast radius of the same trap, getting half the damage (even though it was hit and Kana was only grazed) is working as intended? Traps should do "scary" damage to everyone equally (barring immunities and DR).

And I'm all for traps being scary, but that particular trap needs to be moved or disabled. Wraiths will use Abduction to teleport party members directly onto that trap (which his how Kana trigger that in the first place).  And unless you turn AI completely off, party members will blindly run right across it to engage enemies.

EDIT: oh and your party won't "just heal right afterwords" if you have Maim before Kill turned off. 

Edited by Achilles