[WM1] Ray of Pain not foe-only

Achilles

Question

Here is the effect description, advertising foe-only:

post-1981-0-92877600-1449194442_thumb.jpg

Here is the combat log, showing the effect being applied to Devil of Caroc after she activated Coordinating Positioning on Zahua (and rolled dat crit):

post-1981-0-42090700-1449194443_thumb.jpg

Here is the mouse-over, showing the effect stacking about a million times (or 4. Sometimes I exaggerate for comedic effect):

post-1981-0-97563800-1449194443_thumb.jpg

As you can see to the left, Hiravias was standing someplace unfortunate and now he's on the business end of that "foe beam" action.

Output log and save (managed to snag a quicksave while the effect was still active).

output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khxnar32gyofhh3/d183960f-c969-433f-a0b3-dfc8e3fd7dbb%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

9 answers to this question

I'd be happy to! When does that patch come out again? I want to put it on my calendar so that I can remember to help test some more ;)

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hi Aarik,

Bad news :(

Zahua ran through Aloth's Chill Fog, took critical damage, and...well, you know the rest.

post-1981-0-75274600-1456728693_thumb.jpg

Right, but I imagine that Achilles is saying that then Ray of Pain targeted Aloth, which it shouldn't have done (unless Aloth was confused or dominated at the time).

Actually, I wonder if this is behind most cases of the Ray of Pain bug -- I imagine it's pretty easy to check if it damages allies when triggered by an enemy, but what about when it's triggered by an ally (as in, an ally causes critical damage to the person wearing the boots)? That seems to be the case discussed in the first post as well, when the Devil got a critical when switching positions with Zahua.

Edited by lantzk

Ok. The Target effect will no longer target allies too, right?