Which games would you like Obsidian to develop the most?

Bleak

Which games would you like Obsidian to develop the most?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which games would you like Obsidian to develop the most? (multi-choice)

• A Fallout game like FNV
    • A Bloodlines sequel / A WOD game (single player)
    • A NWN sequel
    • A KOTOR sequel
    • A Dungeon Siege sequel
    • Pillars of Eternity II

Obsidian *absolutely* has to make a Fallout 4 1/2, a Bloodlines/WOD game, a NWN sequel, a KOTOR sequel and oh well, maybe a DS sequel (never a huge fan). Obviously they don't own all of these IPs, but it would be interesting to see which are the most wanted.

Edited by Bleak
  • Like 3

From those? Bloodlines/WoD game, but I would prefer some kind of Arcanum Spiritual Successor with Tim Cain at the helm.

I have also expressed interest in a Western themed game, but a weird west or a steam punk western would be what I am looking for. Obsidian's ability to fiddle with tropes would be interesting in a Western themed game.

Edit: just wanted to add... I think anything they do (save maybe Dungeon Siege, maybe) should come with a NWN type of Editor. We need a new RPG with a rock solid mod community. Shadowrun has been pretty ok, but I want more. ;)

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 3

The first two options are good enough. Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Siege I don't care about at all (fantasy has become just so very tiresome). And the world is currently so full of Star Wars that I wouldn't want another KoTOR at this point.

However, a Fallout game modeled after KoTOR 2 (similar world structure and core gameplay, somewhat similiar combat system, though modified to better suit Fallout and to not leave it as traditional RtWP) would be something I'd happily invest in (if better alternatives were ruled out).

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I would like Pillars of eternity 2 in different timeline. So, I would like their own IP. Could you add it to the poll?

I thought PoE2 is already in their plans that's the reason I didn't add it. http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/116069-pillars-of-eternity-the-white-march-part-ii-will-be-last-expansion-obsidian-talks-sequel.html

But no reason not to add it as well tbh.

Edited by Bleak

I would like Pillars of eternity 2 in different timeline. So, I would like their own IP. Could you add it to the poll?

I thought PoE2 is already in their plans that's the reason I didn't add it. http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/116069-pillars-of-eternity-the-white-march-part-ii-will-be-last-expansion-obsidian-talks-sequel.html

Isn't the Pathfinder their next game ?

I don't know. I was under the impression that Wizards of the Coast has a lock down on all video games using the D20 system. I believe (definitely not 100% sure) they are working with Paizo to get a Pillars of Eternity Pen and Paper game made up, but I don't know if they can make a Pathfinder video game.

I don't know. I was under the impression that Wizards of the Coast has a lock down on all video games using the D20 system. I believe (definitely not 100% sure) they are working with Paizo to get a Pillars of Eternity Pen and Paper game made up, but I don't know if they can make a Pathfinder video game.

Clueless. I guess Obsidian will announce their official future projects after the WM2 comes out.

• Like 1

Hmm I would think that it would be more of a side-project?

From those? Bloodlines/WoD game, but I would prefer some kind of Arcanum Spiritual Successor with Tim Cain at the helm.

Goddamn that like button, unmoved by my frantic clickfest!

Aside from that, I would like to play something in the vein of Alpha Protocol someday again.

And of course, being me, I wouldn't mind seeing a more tactical, squad oriented spin-off to the Fallout franchise. Preferably build in fully fledged cel-shading environment, if only because I always imagined those few pixel high character models from F1 and F2, being influenced by the work of Bruce Timm. Admittedly I'm biased, as fpp Fallouts were bit too much action-oriented for my taste and way too much revealing in terms of presentation - bloody mess alone was much funnier back in the 2d days...

Methinks stealth game could be fun too. That is, if done properly - god knows how easy it is too screw things up in that genre.

Either way, it must be story-heavy and focused on single player B)

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

You know... Speaking of cel shading. I was kind of hoping Torment: Tides of Numenera would use it, or something similar, since Numenera is inspired by Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun and Moebius' art. Trying to make it look like a Moebius piece would make the game stand out, IMHO.

• Like 2

Since White Wolf got bought by Paradox, I'd personally like to see an Exalted game.  I'm not positive how exactly it would work (how do you award extra-dice for cool descriptions in a cRPG?  Something would have to be figured out) but I've wanted an Exalted game since the first time I played Exalted.  Supposedly there was one in the works many moons ago, but it got cancelled (never saw anything other than a couple screenshots, and it was an aRPG anyway...not that I hate aRPG's, but that's not what I'd want from an Exalted game.)

Outside of that, I'm fine with anything without action combat or modern Vampire (Vampire Dark Ages is cool, but vampires with machine guns is just not my thing.)

Pillars 2 and a WoD RPG as far as I'm concerned.

A Fallout game if they could do away with the whole voiced protag rubbish and go back to... ah never mind, it's not gonna happen.

Seems like we won't be getting a proper fallout anytime soon :'(

I will admit though that my wet dream is an open world WOD rpg lol - but an rpg similar to bloodlines would be totally awesome as well.

So much replayability that game... 

Edited by Bleak

You know... Speaking of cel shading. I was kind of hoping Torment: Tides of Numenera would use it, or something similar, since Numenera is inspired by Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun and Moebius' art. Trying to make it look like a Moebius piece would make the game stand out, IMHO.

That is... intriguing! I haven't even considered other art style for TToN!

Good God... looking now at some of Giraud's work. This is TToN. It has to!

What have you done? I... I can't unsee that!

Edited by milczyciel
  • Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Bloodlines, Fallout, KotOR, NWN and PoE would all be great enough for me to buy them, but the one game I'd really love to see would be Arcanum 2. The Stillwater Giant, the uprising of the working class, the rivalry of magic and technology... I'd just love to visit this world again. And Obsidian would be the perfect company to make this game.

• Like 1

Bloodlines, Fallout, KotOR, NWN and PoE would all be great enough for me to buy them, but the one game I'd really love to see would be Arcanum 2. The Stillwater Giant, the uprising of the working class, the rivalry of magic and technology... I'd just love to visit this world again. And Obsidian would be the perfect company to make this game.

Ah personally I don't like technology + magic :/ Each of them seperately yes.

I even hate the guns in PoE.  Arcanum was a great game though.