Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The drinking thread

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

1cl creme de menthe

2cl creme de cacao

4cl peppermint liqueur

~2.5dl hot chocolate

Or a peppermint patty if you prefer, I'll just call it awesome!

bugarup

bugarup

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

1cl creme de menthe

2cl creme de cacao

4cl peppermint liqueur

~2.5dl hot chocolate

By peppermint liqueur you mean mint-flavoured vodka, not an ethanol-with-syrup thing, right? Would be too sweet, while if it's vodka, I'm definitely trying this some time soon.  :yes:

Anyway, my recent discovery: good old White Russian is also delicious if milk is hot and is just as good for sore throat as traditional hot milk-and-honey, just much, much tastier.  :biggrin:

• Azdeus likes this

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1552 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

sorry, i am little bit tipsy:

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts

1cl creme de menthe

2cl creme de cacao

4cl peppermint liqueur

~2.5dl hot chocolate

By peppermint liqueur you mean mint-flavoured vodka, not an ethanol-with-syrup thing, right? Would be too sweet, while if it's vodka, I'm definitely trying this some time soon.  :yes:

Anyway, my recent discovery: good old White Russian is also delicious if milk is hot and is just as good for sore throat as traditional hot milk-and-honey, just much, much tastier.  :biggrin:

Not really to be honest, I tried both Minttu and liqueur and both work great, if you use the liqueur though you have to cut down on the sugar while making the hot chocolate. :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

I used to think Guinness made the best stout in the biz. Turns out I just needed to get out more. But, Guinness is pretty good. And more importantly not hard to get.  

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I normally don't like rum, but I decided to try a bit last night.

Edited by Epaminondas, 19 December 2018 - 12:03 PM.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2780 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Oh boy, I'll be getting myself some homemade liqueur tommorow. I'll share some more info later so you fellas can get an idea of how Iranian liqueur might taste like. ;)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

Making salmon cakes. They don't smell so good when cooking. They taste good though. 

• daven likes this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10683 posts

Found on e of those little bargain gems in the local bottle store just before the weekend. A red wine that is nornally $20 (Aussie dollars, not US dollars) was on sale for $12, so I figured why not? Unknown to me, but still a 2017 Shiraz (my favourite grape if not vintage). Well, it was definitely as good as any $40 wine I've ever had, so I went back to the store and walked away with another half dozen bottles of this little gem (the name on the label was 'Two Towns', local Aussie stuff) :sorcerer:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

I just poured the last glass of Jefferson's Reserve bourbon. It kind of feels like the kind of night one glass won't be enough. I guess it will have to be. The liquor cabinet (the top of my refrigerator) is bare. 

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts

Just now realized that I have the ingredients for making a grasshopper.

So, yeah, I'll be having that.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5953 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hey, I have the same liquor cabinet as GD. :lol:

I'm waffling...my wife is working again, my drinking buddy isnt around and I bore me whenever I drink alone, but I do have a taste for a Voodoo Ranger. What to do, what to do...

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9103 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I picked up a nice Guinness pack: 

guinness-200-years-of-stout-in-america-l

I usually stay away from the stuff, since the Guinness we get in the US is pretty weak, but I'm excited to try the mix and compare.

• Guard Dog, Azdeus and Keyrock like this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

You've heard the expression "Good beer isn't cheap and cheap beer isn't good" right? Well, I got this at Aldi for $5.99 but it probably should have been $2.99:

csm_081915_R_48512_FoldedMountains_PaleA

I'm not sure where Folded Mountain Brewery is... or if there is one. In fact it might just be two dudes in a self storage shed in Topeka KS drinking better beer and pissing in bottles with this label on it. Whichever it is... pass on this one. 

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2373 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It looks like a "craft beer" by the presentation. Probably some InBev grain piss that is being marketed under the radar.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9103 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You've heard the expression "Good beer isn't cheap and cheap beer isn't good" right? Well, I got this at Aldi for $5.99 but it probably should have been $2.99:

I'm not sure where Folded Mountain Brewery is... or if there is one. In fact it might just be two dudes in a self storage shed in Topeka KS drinking better beer and pissing in bottles with this label on it. Whichever it is... pass on this one. 

My guess is actually that it is being brewed at a large facility with inexpensive bulk grains and hops. You get a lot of attempts nowadays by large breweries to throw out craft looking beers. 

Let me check....

Brewed by Custom tap brews in New York. Probably some big old brewery that is churning out stuff like this. The guys in the shed probably make better stuff. :p

• Guard Dog likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

:lol:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

If you have never had Dragon's Milk Stout I urge you... no I implore you, drop what you are doing and go buy some RIGHT NOW. If you have never taken seriously a single word I've written these past 14 years, take seriously now: THIS is the good stuff:

11388243279902.png

• Hurlshot, ShadySands, Keyrock and 1 other like this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2373 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It is indeed very good, been a few years since I've had one though.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5953 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Never met a stout that I liked but Ill keep my eyes peeled based on your recommendation. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users