The drinking thread

ShadySands

25 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I'm completely out of booze.

That's an emergency situation if I ever heard one. :aiee:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

That's an emergency situation if I ever heard one. :aiee:

Well, I DO have dried corn, plenty of fresh water, firewood, an advanced understanding of chemistry and an assortment of large pots. All I really need is malted barley and yeast and time. Amazon sells the first two and God knows I have plenty of the latter. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not alcohol... well, actually it is, just very low alcohol %, but I've been drinking a ton of Kombucha lately. The jury is out on its health benefits, though I've been a lifelong believer in fermented foods and probiotics in general. Even if there are no benefits, I just think it's delicious. I generally just go for the original ginger kind, not any of the fancy flavored varieties.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

vZqe597.jpg

Quite sweet and fruity with a very mellow finish. I'm also drinking White Claw. I'd frankly rather be drinking beer, but beer has a ****ton of calories and I'm trying to get back into shape. The struggle is real.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 months later...

Drinking a Dark and Stormy, I'm quite enjoying it, though the ice is melting quite fast, the dilution on the end made it quite alot less tasty. I really enjoy the spicy kick that ginger beer brings!

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'd have skipped the dr pepper altogether 🤣

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wait, there's beer?! Where's the beer!? 😮

On 7/30/2020 at 11:08 PM, majestic said:

Beer and vodka is all you ever need. :p

This reminds me of c0cktail I used to love when I was young, called "Titanic". Take a pint of beer, preferably stout or porter, but works with any really, and drop a shot glass onto its surface to float. Then fill it with vodka until it sinks. :biggrin:

Edited by bugarup
Bl***y st**id puritan of a forum censor
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

36 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I'll take some good Rum over that Eurojank 😛

It's a bit embarrassing, but there were about 300 bottles of Trinidad TDL shipped to Sweden, and I, almost completely by myself, has consumed 2% of the entire Swedish stock of it 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, Keyrock said:

My parents are coming to visit, so I splurged for the good stuff:

wQUaYwp.jpg

Gargoyles in picture for visual flair.

Up until April of this year all Vodkas were required to be odorless, flavorless and colorless. So you might as well just keep the bottle and refill it with the cheap stuff, legally you should be able to tell the difference.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Grain vodkas are definitely more common than potato vodkas. If you were to walk into a liquor store and grab a bottle of vodka blindly there's roughly a 80% chance that it will be a grain vodka.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 9/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, Gfted1 said:

I Googled the Chopin, and color me surprised, but there is a rye and wheat version. I thought all vodka came from potatos!

Never had Absolut? =P

12 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Never had Absolut? =P

I have, although Im not a fan of vodka, especially straight like shots or martinis. But recently my neighbor turned me on to Tito's (brand of vodka) and lemonade and Ill drink that all day. :lol:

For some reason I just had it in my head that vodka came from potatos.

EcA15weWoAM1K7v.jpg

The Vodquila was an interesting experiment, and worked quite well with a dash of proper ginger beer....

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."