The drinking thread

ShadySands

I have various tastes. When going out for a 'party night', I usually get some variance of Long Island or vodka with some vermouth (usually Martini bianco) and lemon or a classic of JD and coke..

When I feel like having a guest for a dinner it is some dry red wine (usually one of Bordeaux), if just to sit and talk, then it's some Rum (usually 7y dark Havana Club on ice) or some whiskey (it's hard to get a good scotch like Highland park here, so i usually go with gold Johnnie W.) or some semi-dry wine (here i give preference to the guest, usually a woman). On a rare occasion if some good friend (a woman mind you) comes by and I want to celebrate something nice I pull out the red label Heidsieck.

there are some other things i drink as well like green apple cider or beers like Guiness (dark) or Tyskie (lager) 

Edited by Darkpriest

We had out office Christmas party today. it was a nice low key thing at the park down the road. I had three bottle of this: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/10672/. I had no idea they were $10 a bottle though! I felt bad when I found out because I didn't bring them. I gave the guy a $20 for the two he didn't offer me.

When I got home I had the taste of bourbon in my mouth and wanted more. So here I am on the couch in front of the TV with two ore three more lowballs in me than I probably should have had. Definitely a bit tipsy.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Mmm I love bourbon beer and speaking of Christmas parties, all of ours (every office) were cancelled this year. It's actually kind of good for me since I haven't been to one in probably 3 years since we don't have an office in Denver and they are giving us gift cards instead.

I plan on buying a nice bottle of bourbon and a decent bottle of port with what they give me

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 3 weeks later...

I woke up a little hung over, and saw my computer was on ebay. I was a little worried beacuse there is no impulse buying like drunken impulse buying. I didn't remember buying anything and fortunately... I didn't. Apparently  was looking at 80's movies on blu-ray though.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Beer does go bad, so keep that in mind, Woldan.

Yeah I know, thats what happened to a good part of my stockpile last year, sadly. Though it was not a complete loss, I brought the cans to the shooting range and shot them with my precision rifle at 100 meters. 

Still, I prefer to drink it. I think this one lasts about 3/4 year or so. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had some 20 year old Barros tawny port

Was so good I didn't realize I nearly finished the whole bottle until I tried to speak and my words came out a bit slurred 

1) I love your username

2)I love port as well!

3) Last night I enjoyed a pint of "Punks do it Bitter", a really nice IPA by an Italian brewery. Satisfyingly bitter and marvellously fruity.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heading down the street to try some new beer joint that opened up

http://www.littlemachinebeer.com/our-beer/

Tried almost everything they have and now I need a nap

Oh my. Goodness.

Just came home with a batch, had one for lunch, still figuring out what to eat.

Has probably the best finish I've tried. Nearly twenty bones a six-pack ... worth it.

pipa_zps2er3b8go.png

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Had some Chopin vodka with cranberry juice for starter and then decided for something fancy. Some rum from SA which you poured into a glass filled with some smoke made of some herb from the Ands mountains and some dark chocklate to bite while drinking. I wish i recalled the name but it was fairly stingy for a rum.