It was more of me doing a tongue-in-cheek with regards to your mediation efforts lol

Tbh, the orders aren't really THAT important. I particularly don't think highly of on-kill effects as I don't see them as triggering when you exactly need it. But again that's just me and yes Sword and the Shephard is probably 1 of the better on-kill effects. Diplomacy is actually quite easy too. Pallegina's questline is loaded with Diplomacy answers. That encounter with Agosi alone will probably raise it by 1 rank . After which, the answers are normally about alternative solutions about seeking help somewhere else or finding a non-violent solution.

Darcozzi also help the ACC issue with inspiring liberation.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Sorry for off top can I ask a question?

I'm playing a wizard PotD solo ( not for Triple Crown, just a test ) and a bit worried about the final fight :)

What type of creatures are Thaos and Woedica's Judge/Headsman?

I guess that Thaos is (still :p) a human and Woedica's Judge & Headsman are probably vessels, but I'm not sure.

In other words, do I need to enchant my weapon with 5 accuracy/25% damage vs kith and to take the talent ( Sanctifier ) vs vessels? 

My build stat wise is min maxed but in party I think that (Moon like)

is better.

You don't need more then 10 cos to tank good in a party. Dex goes basically auto to 10 with the ched nua rest (dex is the best one for the team, MORE casting speed for anyone >>>>> any other "free" rest buff) and with this spread you gain better saves overall, IMO.

Max Str and Int is a MUST for aura, heals and max Sacred Immonlation damage output. 

Anyone who build a pally without going max Str and max Int in a party is just doing it WRONG. Can't stress this enough.

For solo is different, in fact my 3 crown run that I have still opened with a paladin I delayed to go high in int thx to the respec. You don't need + range modifier for aura's in solo, so the utility of the int is kinda meh until you go up to sacred immonlation ;)

I chosed to focus on dual sabre for max auto dmg in act 1/2 for example, planning to rase up int later on. The fact is that you are an amazing tank but finishing a run by auto attack is so boring that you are gonna hate it quite soon, better to max the damage early, if you know what you are doing <3

Act 1 in fact  I strongly suggest

You can then make a more balanced build when you will start to gain the 1st few bonus stats items to improve the int and make a good use of the on proc sacred ground boots in act 2.

Dont forget to loot "right" all the "random" chests in act 1 and later on, that is the main difference between a good run and an epic fail from my point of view :p

Edited by B4nJ0
  • Like 1

is better.

You don't need more then 10 cos to tank good in a party. Dex goes basically auto to 10 with the ched nua rest (dex is the best one for the team, MORE casting speed for anyone >>>>> any other "free" rest buff) and with this spread you gain better saves overall, IMO.

Max Str and Int is a MUST for aura, heals and max Sacred Immonlation damage output. 

Anyone who build a pally without going max Str and max Int in a party is just doing it WRONG. Can't stress this enough.

For solo is different, in fact my 3 crown run that I have still opened with a paladin I delayed to go high in int thx to the respec. You don't need + range modifier for aura's in solo, so the utility of the int is kinda meh until you go up to sacred immonlation ;)

I chosed to focus on dual sabre for max auto dmg in act 1/2 for example, planning to rase up int later on. The fact is that you are an amazing tank but finishing a run by auto attack is so boring that you are gonna hate it quite soon, better to max the damage early, if you know what you are doing <3

You can then make a more balanced build when you will start to gain the 1st few bonus stats items to improve the int and make a good use of the on proc sacred ground boots in act 2.

Dont forget to loot "right" all the "random" chests in act 1 and later on, that is the main difference between a good run and an epic fail from my point of view :p

Cant agree. dump stats other then MAYBE Dex on a Paladin isn't good.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I don't see 10 CO as dumped it's average and outside of solo very playable.

This is my point of view, even on PoTD

@Torm51

I perfectly know that dex is kinda of useless for a paladin, but still it help balance your save rolls overall AND after max might/int/res there is no stat that you actually need in a group party.

Con is still the stat that need most rework in the game IMO, it's kind of useless to go any over the avarage roll even for a tank.

In a group party, on PoTD, with a good min/max party you will squish in so MUCH freaking damage if you know what you are doing after the per buff that fights will last too shortly to gain anything from CON, and at that point any extra bit DPS or better saves are gonna help you much more.

Maybe it's just my playstile, since I now know PoE so much that I don't mind running around with a semi glass cannon party (melee 10 con ranged 3 con).

With the spread of MAX Might/con/res ( must have) 10 con and the rest into dex/per you achieve MAX utility and damage (even if you are an utility tank) and better saves split overall. And you will do at least some damage if things go terribly wrong.

In fact in a couple of occasions I had my pally and my fighter (10 con, weapon shield tank with stack of retaliation items later on) finished a couple of hard fights while I was rushing into ched nua dungeon on PoE with a low level party. Anything can happens, and if you can switch role or at least help into something different, even a bit of auto attack, that can be a game changer.

Or maybe it's just me that I still hate CON so much and I still honestly believe is a game fail design and the the worst attribute in the game :p

Edited by B4nJ0
  • Like 2

is better.

@Torm51

I perfectly know that dex is kinda of useless for a paladin, but still it help balance your save rolls overall AND after max might/int/res there is no stat that you actually need in a group party.

Con is still the stat that need most rework in the game IMO, it's kind of useless to go any over the avarage roll even for a tank.

In a group party, on PoTD, with a good min/max party you will squish in so MUCH freaking damage if you know what you are doing after the per buff that fights will last too shortly to gain anything from CON, and at that point any extra bit DPS or better saves are gonna help you much more.

Maybe it's just my playstile, since I now know PoE so much that I don't mind running around with a semi glass cannon party (melee 10 con ranged 3 con).

With the spread of MAX Might/con/res ( must have) 10 con and the rest into dex/per you achieve MAX utility and damage (even if you are an utility tank) and better saves split overall. And you will do at least some damage if things go terribly wrong.

In fact in a couple of occasions I had my pally and my fighter (10 con, weapon shield tank with stack of retaliation items later on) finished a couple of hard fights while I was rushing into ched nua dungeon on PoE with a low level party. Anything can happens, and if you can switch role or at least help into something different, even a bit of auto attack, that can be a game changer.

Or maybe it's just me that I still hate CON so much and I still honestly believe is a game fail design and the the worst attribute in the game :p

Cool but a dumped PER? So with a class that has a very average ACC you are going to dump it to 4??

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Well Torm, if I may drop my 2 cents. You already done a PotD / ToI playthrough. And went through encounters like Alpine. To me that's about 85%-90% of a full fledge Triple Crown, or more. Expert Mode might as well be Inconvenience Mode. And your decision to focus more on Per is based on your insights from running a PotD / ToI in the first place. So I think you will do well enough with your current thought process for your party builds.

• Like 2

is better.

@Torm51

Cool but a dumped PER? So with a class that has a very average ACC you are going to dump it to 4??

I did not see he dumped PER.

I don't like that as stated before. especially combined with dumped DEX.