Project Louisiana? (not Fallout-related)

Infinitron

This one, presumably, since that's the official order. I can't remember which game has which codename though.

This is taken from an old list that was, I believe, taken from a Reddit Q&A.  I've added a bit to it.

1. Project Delaware - KOTOR 2
  2. Project Pennsylvania - Neverwinter Nights 2
  3. Project New Jersey - Dwarfs (cancelled)
  4. Project Georgia - Alpha Protocol
  5. Project Connecticut - Aliens: The Crucible (cancelled)
  6. Project Massachusetts - NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
  7. Project Maryland - Dungeon Siege III
  8. Project South Carolina - NWN2: Storms of Zehir
  9. Project New Hampshire - Fallout: New Vegas
  10. Project Virginia - Unannounced Xbox Live Game (shelved)
  11. Project New York - South Park
  12. Project North Carolina - Stormlands (cancelled)
  13. Project Rhode Island - Unannounced title (shelved)
  14. Project Vermont - Unannounced RPG in development
  15. Project Kentucky - Prey 2 (cancelled)
  16. Project Tennessee - Pathfinder Card Game for Mobile
  17. Project Ohio - Armored Warfare
  18. Project Louisiana - ?
  19. Project Indiana - ?

I think Vermont is Tyranny and I think PoE wasn't given a state project title.   Since I *believe* we knew that Obsidian had three unannounced games, that would make Vermont (Tyranny), Louisiana and Indiana, perhaps?

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes! Trenton.  I knew it was a city, but couldn't remember which one.

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly about a third project.  I seem to recall at one point there were three projects - Revived Stormlands (Tyranny?) which I pegged as Vermont & Louisiana we know.  That would leave the third as either Indiana or maybe the shelved Rhode Island?  To be honest I can't remember when I read about the "three projects" thing.

I suck at this Obsidian stalker business. :(

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly about a third project.  I seem to recall at one point there were three projects - Revived Stormlands (Tyranny?) which I pegged as Vermont & Louisiana we know.  That would leave the third as either Indiana or maybe the shelved Rhode Island?  To be honest I can't remember when I read about the "three projects" thing.

This is what I posted about in another thread in this forum. There is plenty of evidence in online comments that there is a Project Indiana, and that there are three new projects in the works. That is why my projection is that Indiana is PoE2, not Louisiana.

1. Vermont - Tyranny

2. Louisiana - Unannounced Kickstarter project that was hinted at last year but postponed because Obsidian didn't want to launch a new Kickstarter before the previous Kickstarter project (PoE) was fully completed.

3. Indiana - PoE 2

This is what I posted about in another thread in this forum. There is plenty of evidence in online comments that there is a Project Indiana, and that there are three new projects in the works. That is why my projection is that Indiana is PoE2, not Louisiana.

1. Vermont - Tyranny

2. Louisiana - Unannounced Kickstarter project that was hinted at last year but postponed because Obsidian didn't want to launch a new Kickstarter before the previous Kickstarter project (PoE) was fully completed.

3. Indiana - PoE 2

Did you look on Josh Sawyer's Instagram? He's working on Project Louisiana according to what he posted there and I really doubt it wouldn't be PoE2.

My all-knowing magical 8-ball said that Tyranny was supposed to be the unannounced KS project but then Paradox came along and said "hey, POE seems to be coming along nicely, how about we deepen our partnership. What if we fund your next similar project so you don't have to use Kickstarter for it?" and that is why there never was that rumored KS project.

The magical 8-ball also said that while it cannot be 100% sure, in light of these recent findings there is a good possibility that the Louisiana is POE2 or something else related to the setting.

For project Indiana however it said that the reply is hazy and that I should ask again later.

If someone didn't get it from this post, all of this is pure speculation and I do not have any insider info about any of this, just my gut feeling and the magical 8-ball.

• Like 1

My all-knowing magical 8-ball said that Tyranny was supposed to be the unannounced KS project but then Paradox came along and said "hey, POE seems to be coming along nicely, how about we deepen our partnership. What if we fund your next similar project so you don't have to use Kickstarter for it?" and that is why there never was that rumored KS project.

I know for a fact that unannounced KS game from 2014 wasn't Tyranny. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't Tyranny.

Edited by Infinitron

If they're using state capital names for crowdfunded projects the unannounced kickstarter wouldn't be either Louisiana or Indiana but a state capital name post New Jersey's Trenton. That would make the unknown KS project something like Annapolis/ Hartford/ Atlanta/..

There's only one project known to have a state capital name though, and what the practical difference is between a project with a capital and a state name isn't known. Could be crowdfunded games get a capital name, could be smaller scale games of any type, could be just to asterisk with people who like making lists based on state names.

1. Vermont - Tyranny

3. Indiana - PoE 2

Did you look on Josh Sawyer's Instagram? He's working on Project Louisiana according to what he posted there and I really doubt it wouldn't be PoE2.

He can surely be working on two projects. Furthermore, it was Sawyer himself who said very recently that PoE2 will not be happening any time soon. So my take is that they have had discussions about PoE2 but not really started development work on it. Project Louisiana is what Sawyer's group is working on, but it is not PoE2.

He can surely be working on two projects. Furthermore, it was Sawyer himself who said very recently that PoE2 will not be happening any time soon. So my take is that they have had discussions about PoE2 but not really started development work on it. Project Louisiana is what Sawyer's group is working on, but it is not PoE2.

He said it was a "ways off". Then we learned about Tyranny, so it makes sense that they'd wait a while before revealing it so as not to hog the spotlight. There's no reason not to start on the sequel right away - Larian went right onto a sequel after finishing up Divinity: Original Sin. It will be quite some time until it's actually released.

New Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDl7N1zJx3a/

Edited by Infinitron

He said it was a "ways off". Then we learned about Tyranny, so it makes sense that they'd wait a while before revealing it so as not to hog the spotlight. There's no reason not to start on the sequel right away - Larian went right onto a sequel after finishing up Divinity: Original Sin.

New Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDl7N1zJx3a/

Dark souls gestures are confirmed !:)

He said it was a "ways off". Then we learned about Tyranny, so it makes sense that they'd wait a while before revealing it so as not to hog the spotlight. There's no reason not to start on the sequel right away - Larian went right onto a sequel after finishing up Divinity: Original Sin. It will be quite some time until it's actually released.

Well actually in that interview with MMORPG he specifically said it was time for him to move on to something different, but then added a sequel to PoE would happen at some point but that was a way off. That's the complete context of his answer to that question.

Also keep in mind that it's not just PoE that's come to an end but also AW and the Pathfinder card game. They are large enough of a studio that they can and need to have multiple projects going on at the same time. So it makes sense that they could have three projects ongoing at the same time - Vermont/Tyranny, Louisiana, and Indiana - with the chronologically last one of them, Indiana, being PoE2. So I stand by my projection that we will see another RPG of some sort between Tyranny and PoE2.