Project Louisiana? (not Fallout-related)

Infinitron

Depends whether the "Field Notes" is part of the clue, if he's actually scouting locations like he did for NV, then it might be something else completely.

Could be.

I'm imagining an Arcanum Spiritual Successor set in louisiana in an alternate timeline where magic emerges in our world. The backdrop is the steam boat setting along the Mississippi River.

It would be a good location for a Vampire TMB sequel. Kind of like George RR Martin's Fevre Dream.

Obsidian tackling a Vampire game set in Cajun country would be epic.  

True Blood the Game? :lol:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I'd back it

If they had more characters like Russel and less of those like Bill, why not.

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Thorton has popped up in Louisiana after years spent on a yacht with Scarlet?

Thorton appears there with Scarlet, Mina, and Sie.  Because that's how he rolls. 

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Pfft, too easy. Project Louisiana. Setting from Interview with the Vampire. Obsidians publisher got their hands on Vampire Masquerade rights. Obsidian travels to Louisiana. Vampires in movie were in 1791 spanish Louisiana. Vampires... Vampire the Masquerade... Obsidian... Louisiana... Project... Illuminati confirmed. :yes:

Voodoo RPG called Witch Doctor.

I don't really a think a PoE2 would work right now. People need a break of it first.

Players certainly would, but starting development on a game that took them about 2.5 years(foggy on the details currently), it would make sense to start working on it for a 2017 or 2018 release.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Of course, but if it's inspired by Louisiana's environment..?

Edit:

BUT... if... VTM doesn't seem like a too far of a stretch (IF).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_Louisiana

Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead. In movies, Swamp Thing, Haunted Mansion... etc.

Spooky place... spooky stories... vampires?? Far-fetched with no basis? Probably, yes.

Why Louisiana, specifically (hand-picked)?

If you can discern or decrypt this, and see a red-line trend about fictious other media taking place in this region, mayhaps it be a hint?

(Please be VTM... or PTM, Pillars: The Masquerade ;p)

Edited by Osvir

Obsidian names their projects after US states like how Black Isle named theirs after dead Presidents. I think you're looking into something when nothing's there.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

What happens when they run out of states?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands