[2.03] can't place more than one trap anymore

Artighel

Question

Hello,

It seems that, since v2.03, we can't place more than one trap simultaneously anymore :(

If a character have placed a trap, when another character place a second trap, the first one gonna vanish immediately ! "damn I've just lost a trap".

Bug or design change decision ?

IMHO, I liked the capability to place on trap per character, as a maximum (I've at least 2 mechanic-skilled dudes in my team, they were used to place 2 traps before triggering hard battles).

Regards,

Thomas

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

Aarik,

I get why taking multiple traps away from a single party member kinda makes sense. I think taking multiple traps from multiple party members away is questionable. I think equating traps and seals/wards is probably going too far. My 2 cents.

EDIT: imma say one more thing then shut up - if Josh wanted to ensure that players would have one party member who heavily specialized in Mechanics and have everyone else ignore it, this would be a great way to accomplish that goal. Just sayin'.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Some personal thoughts, in favor of the old behavior (one placed trap max by hero) :

- we generally have not much heroes specialized in mechanics skill. So only 1 or 2 "simultaneously placed" traps will be efficient, others way less. So players won't be much tempted to place 6 traps at the same time (for instance 1 trap by hero).

- traps are quite rare stuff to pick-up, or very expansive stuff to purchase : so quite rare to be used. So placing one trap by hero is far from a common job to perfom. We usually don't want to use all our traps for one unique battle.

Anyway : whatever the design choices are, I strongly believe that making disappear a first placed trap when a second trap is placed just after, without any warning for the player, is a real issue. "whe... where is my firs trap ?!? damn I lost a trap !!!".

We really need to prevent the capability to place a second trap, plus to add a vocal / UI message to explain the player that he can't place more that on trap simulteanously.

Arti.

• Like 1

@TC: Thanks for pointing this out. It was really helpful as I was running 3 Mechanics high char just for the opportunity to get some extra mileage off traps. It is a shame that I had to read about this rather big change off a bug section instead of the patch notes. Personally, I don't understand the rationale of the further nerf in traps. There was already a big nerf to traps when the accuracy was heavily reduced (to the point high level traps started with something like -25 acc). At this point, I probably start treating them as vendor trash.

• Like 1

Having only 1 active trap\seal active for the whole party doesn't make any sense and renders them useless.

I really don't see why casting a seal should remove a trap and viceversa, nor why a trap placed by B will remove a trap placed by A.  :banghead:

Hey everyone,

Just to update you on the issue. Every character can place a trap down, there is a bug right now where if you place a trap within 3 meters of another companions trap, it will cause the first trap to disappear.

Hope that clears up the issue for you all.

I'll take a bug over an unreasonable nerf any day, Aarik. Thanks for chasing this down and following up with us.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey Aarik,

Is this why Rime and Frost traps don't create a blanket of nastiness anymore or is that a separate issue?