Apparently standing up to SJW pressure is good for business

free_many

Oh yay, another thread where people complain about SJW's.  Video games are seriuz bizness!

Well, it does feed the people (a little bit, I guess) who run the company that owns the board we are using, so yes, it is serious business.

But yes, people get too wound up over how fake characters are dressed or portrayed for my liking but where we are someone needs to be outraged. Heh, people will never learn to just ignore things they are 'offended' by.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

okokok... I just have opened a document about "decommissioning a workstation" a document basically about backing up a software on an encrypted hard drive before deletion...

The first thing which popped up was:

"Notes on this document:

References to persons contained in this document do not differentiate on the basis of gender."

WHAT THE FLYING ****!!!

where this world is going to, when you have to put disclaimers like that even on documents talking about backing up and uninstalling ****...

60981-Quadruple-Facepalm-meme-V9jF.jpeg

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

okokok... I just have opened a document about "decommissioning a workstation" a document basically about backing up a software on an encrypted hard drive before deletion...

"Notes on this document:

References to persons contained in this document do not differentiate on the basis of gender."

WHAT THE FLYING ****!!!

where this world is going to, when you have to put disclaimers like that even on documents talking about backing up and uninstalling ****...

60981-Quadruple-Facepalm-meme-V9jF.jpeg

:lol: 

You make me laugh....you are right that is a completely pointless thing to include in a document about  " "decommissioning a workstation"

I work in software and once worked at a large  Microsoft partner  and my specialty was Active Directory and Exchange. I know exactly the required and normal steps to decommission a workstation and gender doesn't come into it ...there is no gender identification required to do that task, its is ridiculous to even suggest that 

But its also funny  :lol:  :lol:   

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I do understand your points, but some people in this universe, that some entertainment is marketed purely for women, and some purely for men. If a company wants to release a game, which is catering only one specific audience, who am I to judge them? Or even worse, who am I to force them my view and opinions?

I find most of Activision and Bioware games as garbage, because I am not their primary audience. But as all of us can see, they have their audience, and we can admire them or ridicule them, but we should not force them to cater our taste.

Some games are marketed purely for "Typical white straight male" audiences. For me, it is the same as some books, which are marketed purely for "Typical romance loving women".

There is nothing wrong about both ideas. Seriously, complaining that Death or Alive is marketed to unrealistic jiggling loving audience is as ridiculous as complaining that Rosamunde Pilcher is having not enough "mature" content for U.S. Marine corps...

I find both of the audiences for these "trade goods" as ridiculous, but as I said. Who am I, to judge their taste?

These were completely valid points if we weren't living in a world that seems to have decided (hardcore?) gaming is mainly for men.

As is, I see nothing wrong in prodding them a bit about the existence of different demographics.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

never change Nippon

Seeing that video now for the first time, I see horns on the "ladies". One would presume, that they are not women, but succubi. Looking at the Pathfinder statblock of Succubi, there is clearly written:

DR 10/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10; SR 18

In this case, it is fully understandable, that they do not need much armor to get more protection from attacks, and therefore prefer to dress more appropriate to their role, so they could more easily apply this special ability to their unsuspected victim...

Energy Drain (Su) A succubus drains energy from a mortal she lures into an act of passion, such as a kiss. An unwilling victim must be grappled before the succubus can use this ability. The succubus’s kiss bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another act of passion from the succubus.

Seems pretty legit costume for that job :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

"Notes on this document:

WHAT THE FLYING ****!!!

Blanket disclaimers, hard to imagine much bad PR from someone complaining that a document reading "a user should ensure he..." is sexist or something, though. Actually...no I can really picture a storm of outrage over it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh yay, another thread where people complain about SJW's.  Video games are seriuz bizness!

Well, it does feed the people (a little bit, I guess) who run the company that owns the board we are using, so yes, it is serious business.

Malc I have to say you do seem to pick on Hurlshot....its like you very critical and are quick to point out a debatable inconsistency in his posts...when he makes them  but we all do this. It seems deliberate to me 

For example, yes you right. For millions of people the video game industry is  how they sustain themselves and provide for there families...of course its important. Like any job its an extremely important part of society...but Hurlshot knows this, you must know he knows this ...I know he knows this. So obviously what he said pertains to the whole " SJW aspect and criticisms and views about GG "....and he is right. Most of it, if not all of it, is BS. More of a distraction to real issues 

So it just seems you are overly critical towards some of his comments. Sorry to get involved but you did say you were unaware of it the last time Hurlshot said you were judging his comments. But I have also noticed it so I believe you would prefer to know this :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, still seems like serious business given the attention on it in that aspect of late, complete with tales of persecution and woe and being booted from a PUG in ESO and robbing girls of the belief that they too can be a Stormtrooper.

The second half of my post which you omitted does address the other half.

Hm, still seems like serious business given the attention on it in that aspect of late, complete with tales of persecution and woe and being booted from a PUG in ESO and robbing girls of the belief that they too can be a Stormtrooper.

Ironically, we also seem to have passed the point where there's much more outrage in the reaction to those opinions than in the actual opinions themselves.

But I guess I shouldn't expect you to notice that.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Oh please, the whole 'gamergate' ordeal which popularized the term so much was entirely based around being outraged about outrage - what else could you expect of a 'movement' which rose out of an ex-boyfriend of a chick saying she cheated on him with reporters, oh no! And it's a shame too, because if the whole thing was actually focused on journalism as opposed to raging on the internet, it could actually tackle the real issues we have in a meaningful and intelligent fashion. As it stands, journalists will disclose more information for a while, people will calm down, forget, and everything will be back to how it's always been. 'Gamergate' my ass...

Edited by Fenixp

Oh please, the whole 'gamergate' ordeal which popularized the term so much was entirely based around being outraged about outrage - what else could you expect of a 'movement' which rose out of an ex-boyfriend of a chick saying she cheated on him with reporters, oh no! And it's a shame too, because if the whole thing was actually focused on journalism as opposed to raging on the internet, it could actually tackle the real issues we have in a meaningful and intelligent fashion. As it stands, journalists will disclose more information for a while, people will calm down, forget, and everything will be back to how it's always been. 'Gamergate' my ass...

To be honest I am opposed to elements  within  GG and anti-GG

But I still believe anti-GG needs to take more blame for the current dichotomy that exists between people who support GG and those that don't....its become unnecessarily ideological the whole debate  :blink:

John Milton 

Oh please, the whole 'gamergate' ordeal which popularized the term so much was entirely based around being outraged about outrage - what else could you expect of a 'movement' which rose out of an ex-boyfriend of a chick saying she cheated on him with reporters, oh no!

But no you don't understand it actually went much deeper than that, don't you see? Her game was mentioned in an article rounding up games released that month! The corruption! It's unbearable!

• Like 1

To be honest I am opposed to elements  within  GG and anti-GG

But I still believe anti-GG needs to take more blame for the current dichotomy that exists between people who support GG and those that don't....its become unnecessarily ideological the whole debate  blink.png

The main issue is that the debate didn't actually have a unified ideology. For a while I've been watching how the 'manifesto' or whatever developed - I was waiting when will quality of grocery lists in the gaming industry be added. *sigh*, I'm sorry for digressing, I don't want to turn this into GG/Anti-GG debate, personally I want to stay as far away as possible from both sides of the conflict, it's quite frankly ridiculous.

Ironically, we also seem to have passed the point where there's much more outrage in the reaction to those opinions than in the actual opinions themselves.

But I guess I shouldn't expect you to notice that.

Did I claim otherwise ? Again, the half of the post Bruce omitted..

Is a funny thing though to watch, the fuss over something actually becomes the thing. I guess given the people arguing though, it does make sense. Any given event is a cudgle to beat people with. Not really that new, is par for the course in politics, no ?

Edited by Malcador

Oh please, the whole 'gamergate' ordeal which popularized the term so much was entirely based around being outraged about outrage - what else could you expect of a 'movement' which rose out of an ex-boyfriend of a chick saying she cheated on him with reporters, oh no!

But no you don't understand it actually went much deeper than that, don't you see? Her game was mentioned in an article rounding up games released that month! The corruption! It's unbearable!

:lol:  

Come on guys...you can't tell me this is not hilarious, many things about GG were absurd and when you look back now you must laugh at it  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Come on guys...you can't tell me this is not hilarious, many things about GG were absurd and when you look back now you must laugh at it  happy0203.gif

Don't need to look back to find it funny. Flame war waged by screwballs, what wasn't funny :lol:

• Like 1

FYI, BioWare is the biggest SJW game developer around... except they more or less supported SOPA (as their parent company EA does.)  Which are two of the reasons I have stopped buying BioWare game since 2007(?)  That last game I bought from BioWare was the first Mass Effect on Xbox 360, (which I did not complete because the Xbox burned out.)  There are about six or seven reasons why I have refused to buy anything from BioWare since then.

Edited by ktchong

The Gamergate crowd threatened to rape women. There was and is no justification in a civilized society for them. Period.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

So what, anti-gg crowd threatened to ruin people's lives as well. Besides, if I want to, I could make me some random alt and spew anti-gg bs. Next day I create a new alt and spew pro-gg bs. Then I watch people errupt in flames. Much joy.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Smart move, appeal to the spending consumer rather than the whining Patreon beggars and spoiled leeches. As well as of course taking a morally correct stance for ethics, positivity and the innocent rather than idiot terrorists whom have used bomb threats to try and silence any dissent to their sick censorship and pathetic attempts at victimhood.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"The Gamergate crowd threatened to rape women. There was and is no justification in a civilized society for them. Period."

That was anti Gamergate who did that. They also laughed and mocked someone who was actually assaulted in her home.

Nazi SJWs will Nazi SJWs. Anyone who supports them is against freedom. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Gamergate crowd threatened to rape women. There was and is no justification in a civilized society for them. Period."

That was anti Gamergate who did that. They also laughed and mocked someone who was actually assaulted in her home.

Nazi SJWs will Nazi SJWs. Anyone who supports them is against freedom. PERIOD.

Nonsense, the Gamergate story is well documented by a variety of media companies many of them not particularly left wing.

The harassment from those **** of women gamers is well known. BTW comparing SJW's to Nazis. Way to go! Hyperbole much?

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light