Apparently standing up to SJW pressure is good for business

free_many

Did you guys hear about the controversy surrounding the new Dead or Alive title?  Apparently the official publisher decided not to market in the US because SJWs criticized their previous game for being too sexy.  Then SJWs tried to go after Play-Asia for selling the game to Americans, and it totally backfired, gaining Play-Asia thousands of Twitter followers.  Some winning quotes from the internet:

"Guys, this is literally the worst boycott we've ever seen."

"Well it is very hard to boycott something that you would never buy in the first place."

I think the moral of the story is that people still value freedom of speech and will respect those that stand up to demands for arbitrary censorship.

Another store tried to do the same thing but stood up for the SJWs instead. They gained 20 new twitter followers and no uptick in sales, where PlayAsia more than tripled their twitter following (from 7k to like 24k I believe) and saw a huge sales increase.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Another store tried to do the same thing but stood up for the SJWs instead. They gained 20 new twitter followers and no uptick in sales, where PlayAsia more than tripled their twitter following (from 7k to like 24k I believe) and saw a huge sales increase.

I would guess it more about that Play-Asia had something that people wanted and have hard time get it somewhere else, where that another store just tried to get more customers by not offering certain products to market its values. As offering products with limited availability is usually always better way get customers in short run. In long run marketing values can be more effective to get repeat customers where those customers that used your shop to buy limited availability product are much harder to get come back and buy more stuff.

Although I am not sure that it is effective marketing strategy to go with "SJW" values because there are no certain set of values that common all the people in that crowd, so it would in my opinion better to focus certain aspects that seem to be more popular. 

Oh those wicked, wicked SJW types.....imagine a world free from there insidious and inimical influence  o:)

But wait, we aren't thinking this through properly ...who would you guys vent and demonstrate  all the outrage against? I suppose ISIS is one suggestion? But do you think we could galvanize the same level of disdain towards ISIS that SJW receive....its  a tough one boys ?

:teehee:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sorry the only difference between some bad SJW and ISIS is, that SJW do not blow **** up. The mentality is the same, to censor the way of thinking of other people...

Men and Women should be equal, but no loud-yelling idiot, who thinks, that he owns the patent to the Right Way of ThinkingTM, will force me to follow their propaganda, build on false premises...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sorry the only difference between some bad SJW and ISIS is, that SJW do not blow **** up. The mentality is the same, to censor the way of thinking of other people...

Men and Women should be equal, but no loud-yelling idiot, who thinks, that he owns the patent to the Right Way of ThinkingTM, will force me to follow their propaganda, build on false premises...

Fair enough, the way you identify SJ initiatives doesn't sound appealing ...I mean who would sign-up for that?

But what  if the  " Right Way of Thinking " was based on  a valid premise would you follow it then?

Because I firmly believe that SJ isn't suppose to be about censorship but rather a more tolerant and equitable society that benefits all citizens

Isn't that  something you can get behind? 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

i am not an SJW but i agree game companies should make characters modestly, not oversexualized for marketing reason. This apply to both male and female characters. It is more comfortable for me playing characters who wear modest clothing and armors. But i also don't demand game companies who want to make characters with sexy outfits, just i demd to give options.

I hate it when high level armor is a bikini but low level one is full covered, that's bull****

• Like 2

i am not an SJW but i agree game companies should make characters modestly, not oversexualized for marketing reason. This apply to both male and female characters. It is more comfortable for me playing characters who wear modest clothing and armors. But i also don't demand game companies who want to make characters with sexy outfits, just i demd to give options.

I hate it when high level armor is a bikini but low level one is full covered, that's bull****

Valid point, you are raising the whole issue of  the objectification of the female form in some games and does a particular game appeal to the female fanbase?

I doubt that video Hoonding posted has many female gamers excited about it ? But I may be wrong as I play very few Eastern games so I don't know much  about there gender demographics ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I think the moral of the story is that people still value freedom of speech and will respect those that stand up to demands for arbitrary censorship.

That's... certainly a way of seeing it.

A really ****ing stupid way, but nonetheless, a way.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Valid point, you are raising the whole issue of  the objectification of the female form in some games and does a particular game appeal to the female fanbase?

I doubt that video Hoonding posted has many female gamers excited about it ? But I may be wrong as I play very few Eastern games so I don't know much  about there gender demographics ?

Well, it depends, some women may not care much about it, some women do, personal view about the matter cannot be counted as legit argument isn't it? But the act of making character of any gender oversexualized to attract buyers is old and barbarian, i mean it is cheap. Maybe that tactic work some time ago in the 80s, but people now changed, sex is no longer a bait, but quality of the product matter, there are many factors to be considered.

As we all know Japan is popular with their hentai and sexual explicit comics, they still sell such things, and this goes into their games and everything...so i think it is a matter of culture, not really about business. They have specific customers who crave such thing, and it is socially acceptable i think...i maybe wrong...it is only become a problem when they export them outside Japan...I find Japan is fascinating, they are full of contradictions...Japan is known as a place of traditions and customs where modesty is a thing, but they are also known to have overly sexual explicit stuff and gore...

Well, it depends, some women may not care much about it, some women do, personal view about the matter cannot be counted as legit argument isn't it? But the act of making character of any gender oversexualized to attract buyers is old and barbarian, i mean it is cheap. Maybe that tactic work some time ago in the 80s, but people now changed, sex is no longer a bait, but quality of the product matter, there are many factors to be considered.

As we all know Japan is popular with their hentai and sexual explicit comics, they still sell such things, and this goes into their games and everything...so i think it is a matter of culture, not really about business. They have specific customers who crave such thing, and it is socially acceptable i think...i maybe wrong...it is only become a problem when they export them outside Japan...I find Japan is fascinating, they are full of contradictions...Japan is known as a place of traditions and customs where modesty is a thing, but they are also known to have overly sexual explicit stuff and gore...

Yes this whole debate about the " objectification of women " in games is very subjective and the view will differ from person to person

The only really valid question  is something  similar to  " are the development companies appealing to the fanbase and the potential fanbase "? So for example maybe Japanese computer companies don't care about increasing the number of  female fans....and maybe some female gamers don't care about the video Hoonding posted. Its actually irrelevant to me to be honest because I now focus primarily on SJ issues outside of gaming. So I don't make a big issues about bikini armor in some game but I can understand the argument and objection to it. I just prefer not to get into debates about it anymore 

But outside of the gaming industry the personal views of people influence laws and have a direct corollary to how many countries are governed. For example the right of women to get an education is a personal view of people but is enshrined in the laws of many countries

So we should never ignore the impact of personal views :) 

John Milton 

Yes this whole debate about the " objectification of women " in games is very subjective and the view will differ from person to person

The only really valid question  is something  similar to  " are the development companies appealing to the fanbase and the potential fanbase "? So for example maybe Japanese computer companies don't care about increasing the number of  female fans....and maybe some female gamers don't care about the video Hoonding posted. Its actually irrelevant to me to be honest because I now focus primarily on SJ issues outside of gaming. So I don't make a big issues about bikini armor in some game but I can understand the argument and objection to it. I just prefer not to get into debates about it anymore 

But outside of the gaming industry the personal views of people influence laws and have a direct corollary to how many countries are governed. For example the right of women to get an education is a personal view of people but is enshrined in the laws of many countries

That also depends on politic and business, laws are made by politicians and businessmen...the one who gain profit from everything. It just a matter of who win. everything else are just tools.

I might agree with feminists on some things, i might not agree with some other things. I also have religion to consider...you see that is why personal view on the matter do not count as legit argument, because i would put in my religious stuff you don't want to hear.

And that is why i am more into middle way approach, i don't against game developers want to make characters with sexy outfits, but please don't deny the option for players to create modest characters. Just don't force it by cunningly making high level armors are bikinis penalizing players who don't want their characters wearing them.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a victim of SJW, that's why they make all straight characters are so ugly, females are manly, while gays and lesbians are handsome and beutiful, that's bull**** in my opinion. They penalize straight players in favor of SJW by not giving alternate options.

So, if we being in the middle way, there will be no issue.

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 1

@Bruce:

Well, the world outside of gaming does not match with gaming in any way. The world outside of gaming is real, the gaming one is fictional. I also find bikini armor ridiculous, but instead of banning it, because some "smartass" you should allow the option of more armour choices in the game.

Well and asking the creators of DoA game to change the game to appeal West, is as ridiculous as asking Japan to stop being Japan...

HINT: if you are offended by Japanese culture, then you are not target audience for Japanese companies. Live with it. I am offended by portrayal of Russian and Arabian soldiers in Call of Duty games. Do you see me crying on the forums that USA should stop being USA in video games? NO!  I just ignore this franchise and rather offer my money to companies, which give me non-offending entertainment...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

That also depends on politic and business, laws are made by politicians and businessmen...the one who gain profit from everything. It just a matter of who win. everything else are just tools.

I might agree with feminists on some things, i might not agree with some other things. I also have religion to consider...you see that is why personal view on the matter do not count as legit argument, because i would put in my religious stuff you don't want to hear.

And that is why i am more into middle way approach, i don't against game developers want to make characters with sexy outfits, but please don't deny the option for players to create modest characters. Just don't force it by cunningly making high level armors are bikinis penalizing players who don't want their characters wearing them.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a victim of SJW, that's why they make all straight characters are so ugly, females are manly, while gays and lesbians are handsome and beutiful, that's bull**** in my opinion. They penalize straight players in favor of SJW by not giving alternate options.

So, if we being in the middle way, there will be no issue.

Big respect for you.

Reading this from a Muslim woman, which has much more right to be offended by such content, because of her religious beliefs, than anyone else in the west makes me laugh at the ridiculousness of some SJW madmen/women even more...

I really wish some "at all costs political correct people" would take some advice from her words...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

@Bruce:

Well, the world outside of gaming does not match with gaming in any way. The world outside of gaming is real, the gaming one is fictional. I also find bikini armor ridiculous, but instead of banning it, because some "smartass" you should allow the option of more armour choices in the game.

Well and asking the creators of DoA game to change the game to appeal West, is as ridiculous as asking Japan to stop being Japan...

HINT: if you are offended by Japanese culture, then you are not target audience for Japanese companies. Live with it. I am offended by portrayal of Russian and Arabian soldiers in Call of Duty games. Do you see me crying on the forums that USA should stop being USA in video games? NO!  I just ignore this franchise and rather offer my money to companies, which give me non-offending entertainment...

Yes, I agree

That is why I said I don't involved, well very rarely,  in Internet debates anymore on SJ issues ..like  " this game objectifies women " ....its subjective and ultimately I feel more divisive within the gaming community than constructive 

I do exactly what you suggested, I don't financially support those games. I would not buy a game like Hoonding posted but I have no issues if others want to...there are really much more important social, economic  and political things in the real world I am dealing with than to get into debates about whether " bikini armor is appropriate " 

But you also missed an important point I was trying to make. Its actually not about my views or your views...its about a few more basic questions that are tied to overall financially profitability of any company, including Japanese gaming companies. The real points and questions they should consider are

• Do we want to grow our fanbase
  • Do we want our fanbase to include more women
  • Are our games designed to appeal to women

If the answer to 1 or 2 is NO then its irrelevant about the appropriateness of 1 and 2 ....but end of the day these are important  questions and most companies in an industry like gaming will have to ask themselves sometime 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Big respect for you.

Reading this from a Muslim woman, which has much more right to be offended by such content, because of her religious beliefs, than anyone else in the west makes me laugh at the ridiculousness of some SJW madmen/women even more...

I really wish some "at all costs political correct people" would take some advice from her words...

I don't represent every Muslim women mind you, but thanks :grin: , i am not sure how many Muslim women playing games or even care about games, i know a few, but i don't have the statistic.

Pemain%2BDOTA%2BWanita%2BIni%2BMenggerun

EKASxa8.jpg

post-55086-0-06242800-1448899356_thumb.jpg

post-55086-0-89207900-1448899427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Qistina

@Bruce:

Well, I do understand your points, but some people in this universe, that some entertainment is marketed purely for women, and some purely for men. If a company wants to release a game, which is catering only one specific audience, who am I to judge them? Or even worse, who am I to force them my view and opinions?

I find most of Activision and Bioware games as garbage, because I am not their primary audience. But as all of us can see, they have their audience, and we can admire them or ridicule them, but we should not force them to cater our taste.

Some games are marketed purely for "Typical white straight male" audiences. For me, it is the same as some books, which are marketed purely for "Typical romance loving women".

There is nothing wrong about both ideas. Seriously, complaining that Death or Alive is marketed to unrealistic jiggling loving audience is as ridiculous as complaining that Rosamunde Pilcher is having not enough "mature" content for U.S. Marine corps...

I find both of the audiences for these "trade goods" as ridiculous, but as I said. Who am I, to judge their taste?

EDIT: Just to make it more visible: some companies do not want to broaden their audience, they are producing games for their most core fanbase. I see nothing wrong about it, I pretty much admire that notion. IMO if Bioware would not want to broaden their audience, we would still see some beautiful isometric RPGs made by them, they decided to broaden their audience, so they moved more into 3D FPS crowd to make more money. Nothing wrong with that, but they will never ever see my money going to their pocket. It was their decision, we have to respect it. Some companies make it for big money, some companies make it for less money but with their faithful audience in mind. Unless we are not shareholders of these private companies, we have to respect their decisions, what product they make.

Edited by Mamoulian War

I think game companies now should target buyers from Muslim women...DotA is popular in my country, there are even fanatics of DotA...and fanatics of LoL....i am not sure how many Muslim women do enjoy other types of games, but i am a game freak, it is because i am an anti-social...and it is because i play with computer since i was little, i have access to computers unlike most peoples back in the 80s, Doom was the first video game i play (that was after Pac Man)...so i maybe a bit different than others. But when i start work, my friends do play Diablo 2 in the office...

Game companies should make characters wearing hijabs, fully covered head to toe....

Edited by Qistina

Different companies have different audiences, the games which you have described have also specific audience. Yes I am fully aware, that most western gaming companies are targeting only one specific audience, but thankfully, with rise of kickstarters and indie gaming, we are now enjoying tons of new games, which we could not see in previous years. And I really hope for all of us, that we will see much more games for different demographic groups in the future. The potential is big in gaming industry, some companies just have to use it...

Gaming industry is still new in my country, but we are developing, if anyone want to try promoting games i think my country can be a potential gold mine for game industries...the neighboring country Indonesia already making their own games, this game even in this forum, that survival horror game...my country is yet to have a game company...i do hope any established or indie game company to come here and it can start from there...

Indonesian horror game, i do see a posts about this game here in this forum...Indonesia is the largest Muslim community in the world

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 3