I just realized that my Fighter has armored grace which reduces Armor speed penalty to -20%.

Then after doing White March quest. I'm so excited to Durgan enhanced my armor (Vengiatta Rugia) which already has -20% Recovery Speed

So all in all...

Vengiatta Rugia : -20%

Armored Grace : -20%

Durgan Enhanced : -15%

I think I wasted my Durgan steel if this doesn't stack. Did I?

:shrugz:

EDIT: Figured I'd elaborate more.

Vengiatta Rugia bestows a 20% recovery penalty on its wearer. In other words, it slows you down by 20%.

Armored Grace reduces the recovery penalty from whatever armor you're wearing by 20%. Hence, if you're wearing Vengiatta Rugia and have Armored Grace, you suffer no penalty.

Durgan Steel does the same as Armored Grace and stacks with it for as long as there is a penalty to reduce. In your case, you already had no penalty and therefore Durgan Steel won't make you any faster.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ not sure it would work. Both Armored Grace and Durgan Steel explicitly state they reduce armor recovery penalty as opposed to recovery penalty in general.

That said, I haven't tested this so it might as well work for all I know. If just seems unlikely.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

EDIT: Figured I'd elaborate more.

Vengiatta Rugia bestows a 20% recovery penalty on its wearer. In other words, it slows you down by 20%.

Armored Grace reduces the recovery penalty from whatever armor you're wearing by 20%. Hence, if you're wearing Vengiatta Rugia and have Armored Grace, you suffer no penalty.

Durgan Steel does the same as Armored Grace and stacks with it for as long as there is a penalty to reduce. In your case, you already had no penalty and therefore Durgan Steel won't make you any faster.

Just as I thought. Well... at least the crit to hit conversion is working. Any idea where I can find more Durgan? It seems like I ransacked the whole Battery

There are three ingots in Crägholdt and one in the Alpine Dragon's lair.

from what i understand there is only recovery penalty, and all abilities that slow down or speed up modify this value and armor recovery penalty is simply another modifier to the recovery penalty.

we need someone to confirm tho, but i'm p. sure. UNLESS they specifically coded armored grace to only flag itself is the char is wearing armor.

a naked char with vuln. attack has an armor recovery penalty of:

1.0 * (unspecified global modifier linked to animations) * 1.20.vuln.atk

therefore a naked character CAN have an armor recovery penalty.

Armored Grace only works if you're wearing armor. I'm sure 'cause I tested this in game. Unless it was changed recently, but I don't think so. Will try tonight to confirm at any rate.

it's probably true; i doubt josh would overlook something like this especially after tweaking the ability so recently.

it's worth testing pilferer's grip though to see if that one is also coded to flag itself only when the armor slot is occupied. (it probably is as well)

otherwise these could be used to offset the recovery penalty from vuln. atk and caut. atk regardless of armor worn... which would be a leeeeeeeettle OP.

just a bit :D

Also: Durgan reinforcement on cloth (+0% recovery time) doesn't do anything. It says -15% in the item description after reinforcement is applied, but if you test your speed you see that it does not change. So I think AndreaColombo is right.

You can spare Durgan Ingots if you wear Pilferer's Grip. It gives -10% armor recovery time but doesn't stack with durgan reinforcement. It is also an option if you are wearing armor that has less than 15% recovery penalty (like robes from berath's priests in Readric's Hold for example), or has less than 15% after taking Armored Grace (everything lighter than scale armor - leather is perfect). Durgan reinforcement would be a waste on such armors (if you took armored grace).

*armored grace will be buffed to 20% in the next patch

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Think AG has been buffed to 20% as of 2.03 actually.

There is a pair of gloves in wm which give +1 dex and -10% armor speed penalty and they stack with the rest. So a fighter on heavy armor can attack with almost no armor speed penalty(5%) not sure though if these gloves are better than good old attack speed +15% gloves(which I'm using on my heavy armored frenzy monk and quite happy so far)

nvm Boeroer beat me to it ;)

Edited by Vorad