Windows Flickering

meowbeast

Question

When I scroll at night, the lights from windows flicker. I've noticed the flickering in Defiance Bay and Dyrford. I haven't been to many other places in the game yet. I've also noticed that some windows seem more prone to this flickering than others, which you can see in the video. So far, I’ve tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 and 8, and running the .exe as an administrator. I’m also experiencing a bug where the “yes,” and “no” text from certain menus is invisible, but I don’t know how to reproduce it. I only mention it because it’s the only other graphical bug that I’ve had up to this point; perhaps it is related.

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-4790k

16.0 GB

AMD R9 290

meowbeastPoE.zip

savegame

mp4

3 answers to this question

Hello meowbeast,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for joining us! I was unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Have you tried making sure that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed? What graphic settings are you currently using in the game? 

Are you using GOG Galaxy? Try the verify/repair option and see if that helps. 

Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

My driver version is 15.11.

In game, I am using vsync, and the graphics slider is all the way to the right. My resolution is 1920 x 1080, 60Hz, and is full screen. I do have the GOG version, and the verify/repair option did not work. I did notice today that the window flickers the most at a certain zoom level. For example, if you start all the way zoomed out, and then press the "+" twice, the flickering will be the most visible for me. Also, looking more closely at the windows, I can see dark pixels/lines, like bits of the fog of war. Aside from this small issue, the game is running very well.

Thanks for your help.