Telos @ ign.com

I think Czerka is returning. In the fly-by there is a billboard that has the Czerka insignia, and I think I saw a Twi'lek in a Czerka uniform. Note the ship that looked almost exactly like an Imperial Shuttle.

By the way, my jaw just fell to the carpet. Better wipe my mouth; I haven't cleaned that thing in 5 years. :wacko:

What the **** must they use Windows Media Player god that is the worse **** ever. And they have to make it in a new window. Windows Media Player consistently crashes my browser.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Interesting, so THAT is the Telos that Carth was from. Indeed, I agree--Bioware has been beaten badly at their own game. And the preview mentioned DECEMBER. It strongly implied a December release date.

I've always thought that the people Black Isle (now Obsidian Entertainment, who many also was involved with Planescape: Torment), made better games. It's just that I always feel that Bioware made pretty nifty engines; it's not that their games are better, its just that the people from Obsidian just make it better. B)

I love the dark atmosphere of Telos and I hope the rest of the game looks similar in that regard. I have to say I am impressed, good work on Telos Obsidian. Also it's nice to see the December release date being mentioned although I wouldn't put money on it being the real date until I hear December from Obsidian or Lucas Arts.

Cheers!

I love the dark atmosphere of Telos and I hope the rest of the game looks similar in that regard. I have to say I am impressed, good work on Telos Obsidian. Also it's nice to see the December release date being mentioned although I wouldn't put money on it being the real date until I hear December from Obsidian or Lucas Arts.

Cheers!

It's alomst TOO dark. The contrast and brighness are little bit fjorked. I hope they put in gamma and contrast setting to compliment brightness settings this time around. <_<

So, this Citadel Station is the "urban planet" we saw in screenshots. So much for the Coruscant throry........

Well not yet. We already knew that Telos was going to be one of the mission/quest worlds, so Coruscant is still a possibility.

1.Onderon(I'm guessing Dxun is part of the same level)

2.Telos

3.Dantooine

4.Peragus

5.Space mining station(Endar Spire level so it may not actually count as a mission world)

There are still at least 3 worlds left.

I wouldn't worry about it being TOO dark. That's a relatively low quality video and I doubt the in-game graphics would have gamma/contrast issues like that.

If you ask me, I feel that KOTOR had contrast issues. That would have been corrected had they just added in game contrast and gamma settings to compliment the brightness setting.

The description for the Citadel Station is hardly that of an 'urban' setting:

In orbit around the planet is the enormous Citadel Station, from where the Ithorians in charge of the planet's recovery carefully monitor and manipulate the ecology of the planet below. While within the station, refugees and workers are housed in sparse apartments, with very few luxuries. Most occupants work the docking bays, or are part of the station's live-in security force. Leisure time is spent at one of the cantinas - mingling with the few travelers that are passing through this part of the galaxy.

Some apartments, cantinas, and docking bays -the 'urban planet' on the screenshots looks much richer, with higher buildings and definitely more 'city lights' -whereas life on the Station seems to be taking place inside the closed hallways. Could the 'urban planet' be the city Iziz on Onderon?

well in any case, this new video looks FAR MORE impressive than the trailer.....

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Yeah. if you look closely the trailer is just random enimies placed randomly in a room. What this is is real game footage.

Which room? I did notice the 3 (i think) Mandelorians in the room with the shuttle and in the trailer there is the scence (with the same building u see on telos) where u are walking away from 3 Mandelorians. Coincidence??? Or are these Mandelorians part of the plot (maybe only a minor part though).

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

The description for the Citadel Station is hardly that of an 'urban' setting:
In orbit around the planet is the enormous Citadel Station, from where the Ithorians in charge of the planet's recovery carefully monitor and manipulate the ecology of the planet below. While within the station, refugees and workers are housed in sparse apartments, with very few luxuries. Most occupants work the docking bays, or are part of the station's live-in security force. Leisure time is spent at one of the cantinas - mingling with the few travelers that are passing through this part of the galaxy.

Some apartments, cantinas, and docking bays -the 'urban planet' on the screenshots looks much richer, with higher buildings and definitely more 'city lights' -whereas life on the Station seems to be taking place inside the closed hallways. Could the 'urban planet' be the city Iziz on Onderon?

well in any case, this new video looks FAR MORE impressive than the trailer.....

Iziz is an anchient looking city not a modern metroplis (more old York than New York).

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!