What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Been playing more of Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a good game, beautiful to look at and controls really well. I'm not particularly good at these kind of games though so I tend to play it in short bursts before I get too annoyed by the constant deaths. :p

Also been playing Renowned Explorer's Society which I picked up on the STEAM sale as well. Good, charming little game. Though it kinda reminds me of Darkest Dungeon in a sense. It's a good challenging game for casual playing but not really deep enough to *really* dig into.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I just rented Bloodbourne and gave it a try, and it didn't last long. I expected the action element, but not that the character would move as if underwater. I also play fighting games from time to time, and for action based combat, this game's character moves too slowly to even compete in a real life fight.

You're insane.

I've never claimed otherwise. But, my Dr. assures me, my willingness to admit such, or even be open to the possibility of it, is proof that I am not insane. That said, I do try to convince him, yet he blames those actions on unchecked impulsiveness, rather than abject insanity.

Edited by Luridis
  • Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Just finished SC2: Legacy of the Void and I have to say, that ending was tailor made for me.

XsL3rmk.png

Leaves me wondering what they will do with SC3 (will there even be a third part?). Now we wait for War Craft 4 RTS game.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Feel like playing a city builder, Skylines is still a bit thin. Caesar 4 would be fun but I have lost the ISO unexpectedly so I guess I will return to 3.

Ah the days when 1024x768 was a large resolution.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Second play through of Fallout 4. Now I'm taking it slow and visiting places that I missed or didn't go over completely.

Starting to get the hang of settlement building.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just finished SC2: Legacy of the Void and I have to say, that ending was tailor made for me.

Leaves me wondering what they will do with SC3 (will there even be a third part?). Now we wait for War Craft 4 RTS game.

I  don't think they're gonna do a 3. Right now the plan is for DLC packs with missions (the next one being Nova centric).

I get the sense that they lost a lot of the fanbase with their "Starcraft 2 is three games!" shenanigans.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finished Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry.  Even with the nearly yearlong wait for the update new game, this still felt like a game that could have used another 6 or 7 months in the oven.  There are still some annoying bugs here and there and some of the scene transitions are really rough, though the game is nowhere near as broken as it was in February.  Still, I had a fun time with it.  It's a really dirty and dark tale of murder and revenge.  While you do have the option to be merciful a few of times in the game (I chose to be merciful once and not merciful three times), for the most part you play an obsessed murderous scumbag hellbent on revenge with nary a care about who gets hurt on his bloody path of vengeance.  I'll give the game credit for getting more interesting as it goes along and it even has a memorable character, a real conniving smug piece of garbage who you work with for a time.  Also, while the final showdown isn't the greatest I've ever played, it's still more satisfying than the finales of the majority of recent games, at least it's not anti-climactic.

I'll probably still play some more of the game just to roam the Caribbean and sink some ships.  You get a Ship of the Line just before the final showdown (totally unnecessary for said final showdown, but nevertheless appreciated) and I have a savegame around that time, so I'll probably just sail that vessel and spread terror across the seas.  I can't resist the temptation of sailing a ship with that terrifying an amount of firepower.  Seems a shame to use it for only one battle.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm giving Dragon Age Inquisition another shot. This game is so extremely polarizing it makes me sad because I can't hate nor love it.

The first couple of hours, the intro and Haven feel simply great, one of the best moments and atmospheres in games ever, and then, after finding Skyhold it slowly starts to become a dull, empty and boring power trip, despite the beautiful maps. Even the story nosedives, I no longer feel any kind of urgency and it all becomes less serious.  

It feels like during the development process something happened there and the game took the wrong turn. 

If the entire game would have been like the first two hours this would have been a magnificent game.  :(

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Still busy with Pillars of Eternity. 37 hours in and this game simply surpasses every crpg I have played to this day. Everything you touch in Defiance Bay has a story to tell. Loving every second of this game. Dear Obsidian Entertainment, please make more games like this! <3

On other news: I was playing Fallout 4 and I finally reached Diamond City after 40 hours of scavenging and doing miscellaneous tasks. Good lord, that conversation between the mayor and the piper was so bad I had uninstall the game pronto. Swapped it with Batman: Arkham Knight the other day. Feeling better now.

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm in Defiance Bay also, my cat kibble friend. This game is awesome. I play in small batches, but I have a hell of a lot of fun when I do! Hot damn, I'm even pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying playing my priest of Eothas, although I wish I could fight more with Durance.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm in Defiance Bay also, my cat kibble friend. This game is awesome. I play in small batches, but I have a hell of a lot of fun when I do! Hot damn, I'm even pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying playing my priest of Eothas, although I wish I could fight more with Durance.

That is exactly how I tackle the game too. But I am playing a dual wielding Orlan Cipher. I just love Orlans.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Today I am starting preparations for my XCOM 2 playthrough.

Got the Complete Collection of V on DVD.

The plan is to watch the last episode as the game downloads

The 1983-1985 version or the 2009 version?  About the only good thing about the 2009 version was Morena Baccarin trying her damnedest to save that trainwreck of a series via acting her ass off and looking smoking hot with the pixie haircut.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm giving Dragon Age Inquisition another shot. This game is so extremely polarizing it makes me sad because I can't hate nor love it.

The first couple of hours, the intro and Haven feel simply great, one of the best moments and atmospheres in games ever, and then, after finding Skyhold it slowly starts to become a dull, empty and boring power trip, despite the beautiful maps. Even the story nosedives, I no longer feel any kind of urgency and it all becomes less serious.

It feels like during the development process something happened there and the game took the wrong turn.

If the entire game would have been like the first two hours this would have been a magnificent game. :(

That's because the game is slightly better than average. After DA2 and ME3 the expectations for DAI were low. Many were pleasantly surprised that it was okay. It ended up winning a few GOY awards because 2014 was a really bad year for AAA gaming.

2014 was a really bad year for AAA gaming.

I very much disagree.  Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Super Smash Bros., and Shadow of Mordor were all awesome games.  Bayonetta 2 was my personal GotY for 2014, that's a 10/10 game IMHO, freakin' amazing.  Heck, Bayonetta 2 is my current frontrunner for Game of the Decade, it is the spectacle fighter perfected.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Today I am starting preparations for my XCOM 2 playthrough.

Got the Complete Collection of V on DVD.

The plan is to watch the last episode as the game downloads

The 1983-1985 version or the 2009 version?  About the only good thing about the 2009 version was Morena Baccarin trying her damnedest to save that trainwreck of a series via acting her ass off and looking smoking hot with the pixie haircut.

The old one :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2014 was a really bad year for AAA gaming.

I very much disagree. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Super Smash Bros., and Shadow of Mordor were all awesome games. Bayonetta 2 was my personal GotY for 2014, that's a 10/10 game IMHO, freakin' amazing. Heck, Bayonetta 2 is my current frontrunner for Game of the Decade, it is the spectacle fighter perfected.

I didn't say there weren't any good games, but buy and large it was a disappointing year for RPGs (which is about the only genre of games I really play). Destiny and Elder Scrolls Online both suffering due to being online games rather than single player offline, and DAI was alright but not great.

• Like 1

Malcador, do you know of Lethis?

No, I will look at it. Something about it doesn't really catch my eye though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra