Pictures of your Games Episode VII The Screenshot Awakens

Blarghagh

There is no day and night cycle but the game world changes as you defeat bosses and such. I defeated the second boss in the game and now it's suddenly night time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I also don't like oversized weapons

Maybe hate is more accurate

I dunno why

it is a given that combat in virtual all computer games forces us to ignore reality.  even so, anime inspired w.o.u.s set our teeth on edge.  am not certain why weapons that would drive atlas to his knees if he attempted to wield 'em bothers us more than literal dozens o' other typical reality bending concessions.  is it that such weapons is so unnecessary?  is it that such aesthetic choices by the developer is particular silly?  

dunno.  those tiny elf girls in high heels wielding swords with blades that looks more appropriate as a c-130 turboprop propeller blade, drive us to distraction.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps please excuse the cheap princess bride reference.  

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There is no day and night cycle but the game world changes as you defeat bosses and such. I defeated the second boss in the game and now it's suddenly night time.

Ironically, the night is brighter (because of a full moon) than the "evening" that the game starts out at.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I never used any oversized weapons during my playthroughs either. I used a Katana-like sword while playing through Demon's Souls. I do like the weapons in Bloodborne though. I like how their appearance changes when you switch between the two different modes. 

I don't know. Given its history in From Software games, how do you _not_ use the Moonlight as a magic specced character in a Dark Souls game?

11019253493_bb4e9cecbb_h.jpg

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Just picked up Grim Dawn and will give it a try tonight. Which class / combination is recommended for a range dps build?

Demolitionist (Fire Strike) and just about anything works.  The other possibility, which requires using a 2-handed weapon (rifle or crossbow) is Shaman (Primal Strike) and something of your choice.  You can also potentially go soldier, but Demo and Shaman are probably better.

If you want a ranged caster, Occultist, Shaman, and Arcanist are probably your best choices as far as I know (though casters aren't something I like, so I'm not so knowledgeable about them.)

My Shaman is single-classed. Dual-classed with a Soldier makes a guy called 'The Warden' who is badass but involves a level of thought and planning I am incapable of atm. The Shaman is a very, very cool melee class. It's basically an elemental barbarian / summoner. Have you got to the part of the game that feels like 'Deadwood?' Ha ha this game is actually quite original. Colour me shocked.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Just picked up Grim Dawn and will give it a try tonight. Which class / combination is recommended for a range dps build?

Demolitionist (Fire Strike) and just about anything works.  The other possibility, which requires using a 2-handed weapon (rifle or crossbow) is Shaman (Primal Strike) and something of your choice.  You can also potentially go soldier, but Demo and Shaman are probably better.

If you want a ranged caster, Occultist, Shaman, and Arcanist are probably your best choices as far as I know (though casters aren't something I like, so I'm not so knowledgeable about them.)

My Shaman is single-classed. Dual-classed with a Soldier makes a guy called 'The Warden' who is badass but involves a level of thought and planning I am incapable of atm. The Shaman is a very, very cool melee class. It's basically an elemental barbarian / summoner. Have you got to the part of the game that feels like 'Deadwood?' Ha ha this game is actually quite original. Colour me shocked.

I love the smell of molotov c0cktails in the morning. :biggrin: I dual-classed last night to Occultist and now I have a pewpew magic missile to go with...my other ranged weapons. I'm kinda choosing classes/abilities willy nilly so I feel like by build is already a bit jacked up. Ill let it play out for a while longer and see how it develops. I also notice a sweet respect button so it looks like I can bail out if I need to.

• Like 1

I would certainly like to play the game, despite my fear of endless, horrible grind, but thinking about installing UPlay again... meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't even notice uplay, really. It took me a minute to recall my login information, when I ran the game the first time, but now it never even shows up when I start the game off steam. It just runs in the background.

That's good to know. With Anno 2070 my experience was that it didn't worked via Steam at all. It was easier to run it through Uplay right away.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Lol, the witch is the easiest boss there is :p

It also had these ever spawning mobs that could corner you and kill you with two hits. The guy was busy looking for the witch and waiting for her to show up and I kept slaying the mobs until I got cornered by two of them and my stamina bar had reached zero. The easiest boss so far has been the cleric beast. Didn't take more than one or two hits from him. The most brutal one had to be the blood starved beast. Even thought I had high poison resistance, it was still tricky to dodge his attacks, consume antidotes and watch for your stamina and health bar at the same time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.