Pictures of your Games Episode VII The Screenshot Awakens

Blarghagh

I really don't like the weapon design in Bloodborne. The clothes look fancy, the guns too (can't do much wrong here), but what about this huge ugly melee weapon stuff and how is he holding it with one hand? I thought the super huge swords in the Souls games were real silly, but this stuff just keeps going on.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No-one but me gives a ****, but..

20160309171739_1_zps0n0d3yer.jpg

I found my first legendary item! Yay!

This is the reason I play these stupid games for; the exhilaration when you see that legendary colour burst out of the kill and you don't yet know what it is. I love it.

Okay, I'm jealous. Those would be perfect for my character.

I really don't like the weapon design in Bloodborne. The clothes look fancy, the guns too (can't do much wrong here), but what about this huge ugly melee weapon stuff and how is he holding it with one hand? I thought the super huge swords in the Souls games were real silly, but this stuff just keeps going on.

I actually feel as though the weapons are smaller in Bloodborne than they were in Dark Souls. If anything, it makes sense for the weapons in Bloodborne to be larger (even though it doesn't feel like they are to me) because the characters are supposed to be weird mutant vampire superhuman creatures, whereas in Dark Souls, you're just some guy/girl.

Bloodborne kind of feels like my way of playing Dark Souls (light/no armor, no shield, fast-paced) on steroids, whereas Dark Souls 2 felt like trying to play while sedated. Enjoying it so far.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

20160309171739_1_zps0n0d3yer.jpg

This is the reason I play these stupid games for; the exhilaration when you see that legendary colour burst out of the kill and you don't yet know what it is. I love it.

They are actually awesome so I would guess they fit most non-caster builds. Aside from the obvious stats, the Sigil skill it has is great. My build is centered on full on assault, where everything I hit feeds me hitpoints. I have to balance my damage output with my armour so that I don't get hit harder than I can hit them back. This worked well for large groups of melee enemies (hard hitter on left mouse button, 270 degree arc on right mouse button), but I had problems when those groups had a lot of casters/ranged enemies.

The sigil that this piece of equipment summons hits no matter the distance and it activates every third attack (which is all the time). It creates a round area around the attacking enemy that sucks hitpoints from them and transfers to me! Works wonders for those pesky ranged enemies. Also, any other enemy who wanders into the circle are also affected so it's kind of a tiny area of effect spell.

Oh god, I'm beginning to sound like a Grim Dawn nerd. I don't know anything about builds, I promise!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Good lord, you Germans and your nitpicking...

Dude, I thought we abandoned "realism" when we were fighting crows that are twice the size of my cat! 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

*snip picture*

They are actually awesome so I would guess they fit most non-caster builds. Aside from the obvious stats, the Sigil skill it has is great. My build is centered on full on assault, where everything I hit feeds me hitpoints. I have to balance my damage output with my armour so that I don't get hit harder than I can hit them back. This worked well for large groups of melee enemies (hard hitter on left mouse button, 270 degree arc on right mouse button), but I had problems when those groups had a lot of casters/ranged enemies.

The sigil that this piece of equipment summons hits no matter the distance and it activates every third attack (which is all the time). It creates a round area around the attacking enemy that sucks hitpoints from them and transfers to me! Works wonders for those pesky ranged enemies. Also, any other enemy who wanders into the circle are also affected so it's kind of a tiny area of effect spell.

Oh god, I'm beginning to sound like a Grim Dawn nerd. I don't know anything about builds, I promise!

Cadence LMB, Blade Arc RMB I'm guessing? My character is a vitality damage focused Witchblade, so I spent the first ~35 levels using Sigil of Consumption as my main skill. Now I have Blade Arc with the transmuter as my main skill, which is great because it provides good damage as well as CC (love watching enemies ragdoll when I knock them down). I have the same issue with ranged enemies, which is why I'm working my way towards Autumn Boar in the devotions. And yes, I am a proud Grim Dawn nerd. :)

Good lord, you Germans and your nitpicking...

Dude, I thought we abandoned "realism" when we were fighting crows that are twice the size of my cat! 

And yet it is silly + I hate the style (which means you can't call it nitpicking, by the way).

Seriously.

g5b5TC1.png

And that's not even the biggest sword.

/edit: "Bandits Knife" :p

ac64d6f6be92ef3fa64bc9f045168b176b6cb94e

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why? Did I wrote the game is shait? Nope, it's what you want to turn my words into.

PS: I've wasted about at least 300 hours with the Souls games and guess what, I never used any oversized weapon.

Edited by Lexx

Just picked up Grim Dawn and will give it a try tonight. Which class / combination is recommended for a range dps build?

I've got a pyromancer, which is the engineer crossed with some magical dude (am paying attention). You can multiclass at level 10.

Crossbow, electric caltrops and some gooey eye launcher spell. Oh and molotovs. I'm playing veteran level, it's quite good H&S fun. There are no dump stats either.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

PS: I've wasted about at least 300 hours with the Souls games and guess what, I never used any oversized weapon.

Did you fight any oversized bosses by any chance?  :grin:

• Like 1

Just picked up Grim Dawn and will give it a try tonight. Which class / combination is recommended for a range dps build?

Demolitionist (Fire Strike) and just about anything works.  The other possibility, which requires using a 2-handed weapon (rifle or crossbow) is Shaman (Primal Strike) and something of your choice.  You can also potentially go soldier, but Demo and Shaman are probably better.

If you want a ranged caster, Occultist, Shaman, and Arcanist are probably your best choices as far as I know (though casters aren't something I like, so I'm not so knowledgeable about them.)

• Like 1

Did you fight any oversized bosses by any chance?  :grin:

Man, you are really trying hard here. All I wrote was that I hate oversized *weapons* in the hands of the player character and you go all fanboy over it. If I'd hate oversized enemies, then I'd wrote something along the line of "I hate the general style of the games". Here is a hint: I didn't.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

I never used any oversized weapons during my playthroughs either. I used a Katana-like sword while playing through Demon's Souls. I do like the weapons in Bloodborne though. I like how their appearance changes when you switch between the two different modes.