The Funny Things Thread

Blarghagh

1914061_806039269505620_9818315705531018

to nominate you for an oscar (or have you win it), your performance as an actor (or any part of the film industry) is not as important as some other things like political views. i dont know what it is in Leo's case, but i do know that the music of the first Conan (the one with Arnie) was hailed as the best OST of any film made in that year, yet it was not even nominated for an oscar because the composer was a comunist sympathizer

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

5jN5DXG.png

tumblr_nxblfvQwiV1r8brruo1_500.jpg

zK1ifFb.gif

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

computer-homosexual-invention.jpg

It's pretty funny yes, but is it real or photoshop? :wacko: Must be an alternate timeline with whack job lunatics on every corner.

Good question. I've no idea. Here's another version:

Poeslawatitsbest.homodevilmachine.jpg?wi

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I tend not to pay too much attention to that whole "cis-gendered," internet-head-up-its-own-ass malarkey, but I thought this was a riot:

yKEoMCZ.jpg

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• Like 1

-Teknoman2-

1914061_806039269505620_9818315705531018

to nominate you for an oscar (or have you win it), your performance as an actor (or any part of the film industry) is not as important as some other things like political views. i dont know what it is in Leo's case, but i do know that the music of the first Conan (the one with Arnie) was hailed as the best OST of any film made in that year, yet it was not even nominated for an oscar because the composer was a comunist sympathizer

1982 had Vangelis' Chariots of Fire, Alex North's Dragonslayer, John Williams' Raiders of the Lost Ark which are all good.  I remember Randy Newman's Ragtime soundtrack getting a good bit of praise but I confess its been ages since I've heard it.

On Golden Pond by Dave Grusin seems like the potential weak link in the list but having never seen it - much less heard its soundtrack - I couldn't say if Poledouris' Conan soundtrack should have replaced it - but even if it had there was no way it was going to beat Chariots of Fire that year (as much as I like CtB, I'd have a hard time seeing it beat Raiders, either).

I think he's got 5 or so nominations

As far as I know, Poledouris has never had an Academy Award nomination.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

im not good with dates, i should be glad i even remember my own birthday, so i dont know what film came out when... but i do know that the reason Poledouris never got a nomination is strictly political

-Teknoman2-