The Funny Things Thread

Blarghagh

sjw.jpg?w=720

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

the sad truth about how messed up USA is

dcw10pt1.png

• Like 5

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

*snip*

I declare this not-funny - JJ Trek is already here, destroying the heart of the franchise, so who cares what Disney buys anymore... *sniff*

Otoh, human consumption behaviour is so idiotic it's funny to me (maybe because it's less close to my heart than Star Trek ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stTPHebdIs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The thing that I found weirdly funny in a way is hearing the news that protests were formed outside some stores with a "No Black Friday, have Black Lives Matter Day" types of slogan.

But that should probably go into a political/sociology thread rather than the funny things..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

National Anthems Summarized

Most national anthems can be boiled down to “Isn’t it great the war’s over?”, “Let’s all stand together” and/or “Our nation is great because God is on our side”. But there are a select few that take a different approach…

“Wilhelmus” (Netherlands): My name is William of Nassau. I’m Dutch and super-religious.

“God Save the Queen” (United Kingdom): Don’t let our Queen down, God.

“Himno Nacional del Perú” (Peru): We’re finally free! Let’s hope it stays that way.

“Hino Nacional Brasileiro” (Brazil): Brazil is ****ing rad.

“Der er et Yndigt Land” (Denmark): Denmark is really pretty.

“Himnusz” (Hungary): Hey, God, remember all those times you helped Hungarians? Yeah, keep doing that.

“Hymne Monégasque” (Monaco): Hi! We’re Monaco. Here’s some stuff about us you should know.

“Mexicanos, al Grito de Guerra” (Mexico): Start **** with Mexico, and we will **** you up.

“Gloria al Bravo Pueblo” (Venezuela): People who shake off oppression are awesome.

“El Gran Carlemany” (Andorra): Charlemagne was cool.

“İstiklâl Marşı” (Turkey): We have a pretty sweet flag.

“The Star-Spangled Banner” (United States): Hey, so I know there’s a war going on over there and all, but would you mind telling me if they’re still flying our flag?

“God Defend New Zealand” (New Zealand): Defend us, God! (Also, isn’t is great how “Zealand” rhymes with “free land”?)

“Mongol Ulsiin Töriin Duulal” (Mongolia): Let’s do our best, everyone!

“My Belarusy” (Belarus): We are very nice people.

“Pincez Tous vos Koras, Frappez les Balafons” (Senegal): Our national anthem is more African than your national anthem.

“Limba Noastră” (Moldova): We are super-excited about our language.

“Zdravlijca” (Slovenia): We just really like drinking.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."