Does perception effect my accuracy with spells?

Perception increases accuracy but does  that accuracy apply to my spells?

What ways can I increase my spell accuracy.

(I do know that I should use spells that target the weakest defense like reflex,fortitude,mind, etc

Yes it does. Past 2.0 PER is a very important stat for all casters.

EDIT: Especially for casters with low bonus AC on spells (Druids and Wizards). To land a disable or not (wasting the spell) is really a thing for them. Furthermore, spell can miss, graze, hit and crit too (affecting dmg or duration). And you really dont want to miss or graze with your disables. ^^

EDIT 2: You can increase spell accuracy through PER and Buffs (like Eldritch Aim, Blessing, Zealous Focus, etc.) and by debuffing the enemy with afflictions (like weakened and sickened for fortitude). Some spells like Miasma of Dull Mindness decrease the attributes of the enemy (in this case PER, INT, RES) which translates into a malus to will, reflex, fortitude and deflection (in this case will and reflex) as well. Talents like Weapon Focus, Marksman etc. does NOT apply to spell accuracy in the majority of cases. Some spells also have a bonus to AC.

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Thanks Prestidigitator

So I should probably max PER with my  Wizard then. LOL of course I wanted as much health as I could get but hmm guess going to need to move those points over to PER instead.

For my wizard

maxed

intelligence for powerful spells

maxed might for  more powerful  spells

the  maxed my dex  for faster casting speeds

then I put the ret  into constitution for the endurance and health.

so I minimized PER and RESOLUTiON

how  am I supposed to make the most powerful mage with I need like 5 out of 6 of the stats hell  I might need all 6 out of 6.

Seems like resolution is important also

When I maxed intelligenc eto 20 I didn't notice any BONUSES like other rts games for reaching that high in a stat.  So am I right or are there  bonuses for getting to 20 or does it just continue to raise the same stuff like it  says. EX: intelligence raises area of effect buy a certain percent with each  point.

Yes scaling for attributes is linear.

EDIT: Prestidigitator? What the hell. :D

EDIT: Resolve is not that important for a wizard (if you play him/ her mainly as 3rd line damage dealer/ disabler). They can hugely buff their Deflection through abilities like Arcane Veil if things go south. They can buff their concentration with Spirit Shield. It's not for everyone, but when I play a wizard (be it as 2nd line dmg dealer with reach weapons or ranged char) I go for Resolve 3. :p

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Thanks again  Prestidigitator did I spell it wrong the first  time? lol first time I saw that name.

Without any spoilers will I be able  to earn more stat points?

I do know items give us plus 2 to a certain stat but I mean  earn them as in permanent stat  bonuses

So

1. Will I earn any extra attribute points threw my levels ?

2. Will I earn attribute points threw questing?

I might be on my last post since I just made this account they say I have a limit of like 3-4 

so if I cannot say anything after this post that is why and thanks again in advance lol

MIG is overrated for a backline wizard. More DEX is good because of fast cast. RES you don't need at all - same with CON. So there's plenty of points to spend on INT, PER and DEX, rest to MIG. But from my experience min-maxing will have way less impact on your performance than cleverness and smart tactics while you play. For example if you cast a relatively weak dot spell like wall of flames it will do not much. But if you combine combusting wounds and wall of flames even dragons might die.

And another thing: medium & large shields do not only lower the ACC oft your weapon hand, but also the ACC oft all your other attacks, including spells.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, technically you can gain attribute points throughout the course of the game, but these gains are very specific and limited in scope (can't say much more than that if I'm to avoid spoilers) so you can't really count on it to remedy a stat you've dumped.

As L4wlight mentioned, Wizards tend to stay in the back casting spells and therefore do not require CON and RES. Sure, a Wizard that goes for CON and RES is not necessarily helpless but PER is a lot more important than both. Besides, there are spells that can turn your Wizard into a melee powerhouse regardless of their starting attributes.

If you have a Priest in your party, you can get +35 Accuracy for everyone using Devotions for the Faithful + Scroll of Valor, then stack another +10 on top of it for a single character with Champion's Boon. That's plenty.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Speaking of ACC stacking: cipher with Tactical Meld, Borrowed Instincts, Wild Leech (sometimes) plus a Paladin with a marking weapon and Coordinated Attacks can stack 60 to 70 ACC on the cipher. Maybe a priest can boost that further. And for the wiz you always have Eldritch Aim.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Speaking of ACC stacking: cipher with Tactical Meld, Borrowed Instincts, Wild Leech (sometimes) plus a Paladin with a marking weapon and Coordinated Attacks can stack 60 to 70 ACC on the cipher. Maybe a priest can boost that further. And for the wiz you always have Eldritch Aim.

Darcozzi Paladin can boost accuracy further. :)(Inspiring Liberation)

Edited by Raven Darkholme

I generally min/max Wizards even more and go all the way down to 5 CON / 5 RES so I can pump DEX and MIG. A typical spread would look like this for me:

14 Might
 5 Constitution
20 Dexterity (+1 Elf racial; +1 Deadfire Arcipelago)
18 Perception
16 Intellect
 5 Resolve

The reason I go for 20 DEX is that it is a lot easier to boost Accuracy than it is to boost Action Speed in the game, and a speedy caster is a powerful caster (I always get +3 DEX from resting in Caed Nua and +2 from Rauatai Sweet Pie for a total of 25 DEX, which amounts to a whopping +45% Action Speed.) 18 PER is usually enough, as I tend to get +2 from items for a total of +10 Accuracy which is more than enough for my spells to land all the time (plus, as I said, boosting Accuracy is rather easy.) If you choose Wood Elf as your sub-race, you get another +5 Accuracy against distant targets, which are 90% of your targets as a Wizard (not sure whether Marksman also works with spells; if it did, that would be another +5 Accuracy.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I would do it like you Andrea - but if you go down to 5, why not going further down to 3? I mean do these 2 points really matter? You get another 4 points for might (if you're more of a damage dealer) or int (if you're the guy with the CC).

Edited by Boeroer

Darcozzi Paladin can boost accuracy further. :)(Inspiring Liberation)

Right - I totally forgot about that (like in my last playthrough, where I only used that twice or so). :)

It is a little strange how many ways there is to manipulate the Acc formula, but relatively few for the damage or speed ones. Early game I guess it's an issue, as mobs don't get a ton more defenses while later on the player gets a ton of ways to buff/debuff themselves into 50%+ crit rates with ease.

Guess just makes it extra important to start with as high a base dex and might, as one can always easily fix the Acc issues. Though, Perception is one of the very few ways to boost Interrupt, but I've never really decided exactly how much weight that should get in stat comparisons.

I mean do these 2 points really matter?

Not really; it's more of a psychological barrier on my part (I never go below 7 in any stat on any build, Wizards being the only exception as I go down to 5 on CON and RES.)