A real life GDI?

Spectre1

http://www.ibtimes.com/should-russia-join-nato-help-stop-isis-bernie-sanders-calls-new-alliance-moscow-arab-2192663

“We must create an organization like NATO to confront the security threats of the 21st century -- an organization that emphasizes cooperation and collaboration to defeat the rise of violent extremism and importantly to address the root causes underlying these brutal acts,” Sanders, a U.S. senator from Vermont, said during a speech at Georgetown University in Washington, the Hill reported. “We must work with our NATO partners, and expand our coalition to include Russia and members of the Arab League.”

Would you support the creation of an organization like the Global Defense Initiative to fight extremists?

Sanctioned by the United Nations, the Global Defense Initiative has one goal: to eliminate multi-national terrorism in an effort to preserve freedom.
- EVA Database briefing

UNATCO?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

http://www.ibtimes.com/should-russia-join-nato-help-stop-isis-bernie-sanders-calls-new-alliance-moscow-arab-2192663

“We must create an organization like NATO to confront the security threats of the 21st century -- an organization that emphasizes cooperation and collaboration to defeat the rise of violent extremism and importantly to address the root causes underlying these brutal acts,” Sanders, a U.S. senator from Vermont, said during a speech at Georgetown University in Washington, the Hill reported. “We must work with our NATO partners, and expand our coalition to include Russia and members of the Arab League.”

Would you support the creation of an organization like the Global Defense Initiative to fight extremists?

Sanctioned by the United Nations, the Global Defense Initiative has one goal: to eliminate multi-national terrorism in an effort to preserve freedom.

- EVA Database briefing

No, there is this misplaced view that the West desperately needs to  align to Russia to resolve the Syrian crisis because " Russia is making a huge difference and they know how to achieve victory " 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Russia is involved, the " more the merrier " but Syria has now evolved to a state of true political and social bedlam. We don't know who are the " good guys " anymore 

But we know this, its highly unlikely that the West would suddenly become friends with Assad or be part of some sort of coalition where he stays in power. This would be an insult to the the principles of Western ideology...FFS he used chemical weapons against his own power and Putin thinks that this would just be ignored by the West ?

And also remember that the Arab League has limited military resources, some countries have airpower that are involved in the campaign against ISIS already but I don't know how effective there infantry or ground forces are. And that is what is needed to defeat ISIS...ground forces, so I'm  not sure how much more he thinks the Arab League should do ?

But don't get me wrong of course the Arab League should be responsible for resolving this crisis in Syria but they lack the resources and political will. So the West needs to get involved on some level which they are 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela