Hello again, gentles,

So, I've begun a few solo PotD runs with different classes/builds to see what feels like the best fit. What I've really been struggling with, though, is just getting to lvl 4.

1. I can clear Valewood, except of course for the bear cave.

2. I've found I can cherry-pick some mobs in Esternwood, Magran's Fork, and Black Meadow, but get owned by others.

3. I think I can see where I can stealth up to the bandit camp to steal the blacksmith quest item without getting caught.

For those of you who've soloed recently, how do you approach it? What quests and areas do you do first? Any advice would be appreciated. I've watched some solo runs on Youtube, but all the ones I can find are from pre-2.01, and with the balancing changes things seem to play out differently now.

What about the temple of Eothas? I remember it was quite easy to kite and split most mobs in there. And you don't need to fight all the foes to solve the quest. If mechanics are high enough and you know how to toll the bells you don't even need to get any keys (that are guarded by enemies). But maybe it's too early for that. Depends on your build I think. You can get a plate armor from the moon godlike who stands east of the temple. Attacking him has no negative side effects. Plate is good for any low level char (esp. solo). 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Excellent - that will be so helpful!

What about the temple of Eothas? I remember it was quite easy to kite and split most mobs in there. And you don't need to fight all the foes to solve the quest. If mechanics are high enough and you know how to toll the bells you don't even need to get any keys (that are guarded by enemies). But maybe it's too early for that. Depends on your build I think. You can get a plate armor from the moon godlike who stands east of the temple. Attacking him has no negative side effects. Plate is good for any low level char (esp. solo). 

Great advice, I'll try that - thank you much :-)