Durance inventory gone on Trial of Iron save

Medusa666

Question

Hi Obsidian, 

I have recently started playing this game and the DLC, I got it before starting to enjoy the game fully. So far I love every minute of this amazing work of art that is PoE.

However, when I changed zone from Caed Nua to Cilant Lis, Durance was stuck in the middle of the area, completely naked. I checked his inventory, and his gear was all there in the slots. I changed zone again, thinking it would unstuck him, and it did, but the entire inventory was gone, including his staff. 

Dropbox link to savefile; https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdc9nlbd5ybo11n/Save.zip?dl=0

What happened in steps; 

1: From Caed Nua to Cilant Lis

2: Party appears on edge of area, Durance is stuck in the middle, naked.

3: Control inventory, everything is there.

4: Change zone, Durance still naked and stuck when appearing at Caed Nua. 

5: Restart game, loading game, all items are gone in inventory too. 

Doing Trial of Iron on normal means I only got one save file, so that is what makes this annoying to say the least. 

Is there any way to back the file up, or to fix this? I had some cool unique items on him too that I had found during my adventures. 

Would be thankful for any help : ) 

/M 

output_log.txt

3 answers to this question

Hello Medusa,

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for joining us! Unfortunately there is no easy fix here. I have submitted your files to our programmers but since we can't load a previous save as you are on Trial of Iron, there is no way we can reproduce this issue. I spent some times traveling back and forth to Caed Nua and Cliant Lis, and didn't have the issue occur on a different save. I would suggest verifying your game cache to ensure this doesn't happen again. 

In your steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Thank you for your support. 

Hello Medusa,

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for joining us! Unfortunately there is no easy fix here. I have submitted your files to our programmers but since we can't load a previous save as you are on Trial of Iron, there is no way we can reproduce this issue. I spent some times traveling back and forth to Caed Nua and Cliant Lis, and didn't have the issue occur on a different save. I would suggest verifying your game cache to ensure this doesn't happen again. 

In your steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Thank you for your support. 

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply, appreciate it. 

I did verify the cache, and hopefully it is A-OK. 

It is what it is, and it's ok I have moved on already, just annoying, but the game is amazing and I love every moment : ) Already bought two extra copies for my friend and brother. 

Anyway, it is Trial of Iron right, so no matter if the loot vanishes, maybe Durance sold all the stuff and wen't to the whorehouse to celebrate Magrim ; ) 

Great game you made, 

Thank you again

/M