Nice item-ability combinations - what works and what doesn't

Did you guys know that you can pile up 13 Fireballs per rest as a wizard (without scrolls and Necklace of Fireballs)?

4(normal spell count)+1(Ring of Wizardry for lvl 1&3)+3(Flames of Rhi-Whatnot sabre)+3(Tiddletwat's Staff)+1(Curoc's Brand)+1(bonus spell talent).

Plus another per encounter use if you choose Spell Mastery for Fireball. So you could cast 14 fireballs in one encounter if things really get messy. :) Sure they'll nerf this so that it will cost 10000 focus per use or something like that...

Any other class could still have 7 uses per rest. Have to look for a substitute for cipher powers since my ciphers can't use their powers above lvl 4 any more. Because... you know... they cost 30000 focus now.

Are there more items that give you fireballs/rest?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Did you guys know that you can pile up 13 Fireballs per rest as a wizard (without scrolls and Necklace of Fireballs)?

4(normal spell count)+1(Ring of Wizardry for lvl 1&3)+3(Flames of Rhi-Whatnot sabre)+3(Tiddletwat's Staff)+1(Curoc's Brand)+1(bonus spell talent).

Plus another per encounter use if you choose Spell Mastery for Fireball. So you could cast 14 fireballs in one encounter if things really get messy. :) Sure they'll nerf this so that it will cost 10000 focus per use or something like that...

Any other class could still have 7 uses per rest. Have to look for a substitute for cipher powers since my ciphers can't use their powers above lvl 4 any more. Because... you know... they cost 30000 focus now.

Are there more items that give you fireballs/rest?

For those who complained there were no multi-class options here's your Fighter/Mage

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about Marking and Coordinating because I never tested it with a barb.

If you wear the  Girdle of Mortal Protection you receive 27% less damage. Hit = 100, crit = 150. 150 * 0,73 = 109,5. Not less, but nearly the same as a hit. You would need -33,3...% to hit 100.

Edited by Boeroer

Well it's basically end of the game but a rogue sniper with sabra Marie is just stupid op. You confuse anything (even bosses) on every third hit or so. Just sit back and snipe ftw when enemy mobs hack at each other. Rogues high accuracy and abilities make this very good against tough bosses. I just did it to cancelhaut and he wrecked his own minions.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahaha!

Mix Pull of Eora (awesome spell!) with the fire stag of the druid: Cast that spell onto a mob and send the stag into the middle. After some seconds the enemies and the stag got dragged around so much that there's a circle saturated with flames and nobody can leave it. I love all those red mumbers that pop out of their heads like crazy. Add Expose Vulnerabilities and/or Combusting wounds to speed things up. :) If you really don't want anyone to leave cast Painful Interdiction or any other weakening spell on their heads and then Binding Web. It's so much fun... :)

With Pull of Eora you can do a lot of weird things actually. I did not test if a fighter with 5 engangement slots  whom you put into the circle togehter with enemies will get disengangement attacks all the time when the enemies get pulled away from him. Have to test that out soon. :)

Scared Immolation plus Pull of Eora is also nice. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Well it's basically end of the game but a rogue sniper with sabra Marie is just stupid op. You confuse anything (even bosses) on every third hit or so. Just sit back and snipe ftw when enemy mobs hack at each other. Rogues high accuracy and abilities make this very good against tough bosses. I just did it to cancelhaut and he wrecked his own minions.

I used Sabra Marie + Gyrd Háewanes Sténes (ridiculous scepter in itself and you get it early) combo with a rogue and a wizard on my last run - it was a ridiculous. Enemies getting confused and dominated left and right and attacking each other was lots of fun to watch. However also annoying, because since they turn friendly so often AI stops attacking them.

Edited by Aramintai

Defensive Combo

Cipher with Defensive Mindweb and Silent Scream + low int defensive Paladin equiped with Ilfan Byrngar's Solace/Little Savior and another item with the Preservation enchantment (Ring of Thorns, He Carries Many Scars Helm, Rebel's Call, Malina's Boots,...). After casting Defensive Mindweb the cipher can keep the paladin stunned using Silent Scream. Because of the Preservation items all the party will get +70def/ref and +100for/will.

• Like 1

Does Disorinting and Interfering still stack? I tried dual wielding Vile and Strike, and even with 0 recovery or 3 chars using weapons with it, it never got the Fox down more than -5 defense. Interefering was a little weirder; I was able to get the Fox down to -30 acc after awhile, but it'd sometimes go back up. Maybe it just kept applying a different debuff each time, instead of growing the effect and refreshing duration.

They don't stack anymore; it was changed in 3.0 I think.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Right. Stopped working. They apply a universal "disorienting" effect now that doesn't stack with itself or with other weapons' disorienting.

I have to admit it was a real cheesefest bofore that. :) I still remember that test where I reduced Nalrend and his buddies to -1 Deflection and -4 Will. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Right. Stopped working. They apply a universal "disorienting" effect now that doesn't stack with itself or with other weapons' disorienting.

I have to admit it was a real cheesefest bofore that. :) I still remember that test where I reduced Nalrend and his buddies to -1 Deflection and -4 Will. ;)

Did you ever test the cipher's new fast cast level 1 charm to use it on enemies to reduce their defenses, then use something like leech or instincts on them? I was wondering if that was viable in the middle of a fight due to charm being fast cast now.

Edited by Ymarsakar

You can't cast foe-only spells on a charmed foes I think - because they are considered friendly. Other than that, you can do anything to them. They don't give you focus though.

by the way not sure if it's mentioned already in this thread but strike hard + vile loner's debuff stack ( in my case I have 2 frontliners and each uses one) it's quite nice not sure if it's working as intended though.