White March Part 2 officially announced, coming January

That could be a picture of the big wave that hit Defiance Bay.

Does the POE lore provide underwater cities and areas?

Btw, are there any novels like in Forgotten realms?

There are a few short stories that can you find in the homepage of Pillars. I believe a novel is underway? The IP is very new so there is no library of novels right now.

As for underwater cities, I believe there's nothing as such in the lore. Pillars' history is more "grounded" and history inspired than DnD - from what I've read thus far at least. It's not so high fantasy.

Btw, are there any novels like in Forgotten realms?

MCA is supposed to be doing a novella, but after his split with Obsidian it might not be pretty mediocre. Which if we're being honest most fantasy literature about ROG settings is.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

might not be pretty mediocre

Might not be pretty mediocre is one of the vaguest statements on quality I've ever seen :-P

I'm not sure how that "not" snuck in there.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

might not be pretty mediocre

Might not be pretty mediocre is one of the vaguest statements on quality I've ever seen :-P

I'm not sure how that "not" snuck in there.

auto correct fail?

Auto correct is so bad (I have Android and apple) that I sometimes think the software developers are trolling us.

I have a vision of them all sitting in a basement somewhere with various focus groups coming up with as many auto correct fails as possible designed to humiliate people as much as possible. :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I would be surprised if it didn't at least include underwater areas.  Aumaua are described as semi-aquatic, and having webbed hands and feet.  If they were amphibious or evolved on saltwater, they would probably make the ocean a major feature of their architecture.  I haven't found a reference on whether they breathe water or not though.  However, diving bell technology existed long before the Renaissance, and Europeans started experimenting with new ones in the 1500s (which seems about right or slightly late timewise).  

Also, I would love to play a game set in Rauatai.

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

I know that wm2 is getting released in January and I don't know much else. Obsidian have basically no details about it on there website apart from a new barbarian companion will be available and they have shown some artwork on vithraks.

Am I missing something here? If the expansion is getting release in basically 3-4 weeks time why is there no information of its contents?

If anyone knows anything about the expansion can hey fill me in? Eg new weapons, areas, spells, content?

Thanks

• Like 1

Am I missing something here? If the expansion is getting release in basically 3-4 weeks time why is there no information of its contents?

Why should there be information on its content? It's not a rule. I guess Obsidian just wants to either start building hype closer to release or to give players as little info as possible and let them discover everything by themselves.

I would be surprised if it didn't at least include underwater areas.  Aumaua are described as semi-aquatic, and having webbed hands and feet.  If they were amphibious or evolved on saltwater, they would probably make the ocean a major feature of their architecture.  I haven't found a reference on whether they breathe water or not though.  However, diving bell technology existed long before the Renaissance, and Europeans started experimenting with new ones in the 1500s (which seems about right or slightly late timewise).  

Also, I would love to play a game set in Rauatai.

You could have spell which let's you breath underwater or some underwater city can have a dome above it. I would like that. If not in White march p2 than in POE2.

I know that wm2 is getting released in January and I don't know much else. Obsidian have basically no details about it on there website apart from a new barbarian companion will be available and they have shown some artwork on vithraks.

There will be new soulbound weapon but they can't spoil every secret. It's on you to explore. Short stories and news announcement thread says enough in my opinion.

Edited by Cyseal

Because they are a mid-sized indie developer with at least 4 projects in their pipeline (Armored Warfare, Pathfinder card game, PoE WM2, Unannounced necro of Project Viriginia...plus whatever resources they have dedicated to PoE patches).

Theses poor bastards, I swear. When Obsidian is busy developing, people are on these boards, bitching that they don't communicate. When Obsidian announces something, people are on these boards, bitching that they aren't developing fast enough.

• Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Btw, there's a good sneak peek at one of the areas from WM2 on Obsidian's instagram account. I'm not sure how to save the image from there so you'll have to go there to check it out yourself. It's a ways down on that page (below the Christmas stuff). Looks gorgeous.

EDIT: Oh, try this: https://www.instagram.com/p/-PotCKkFgA/?taken-by=obsidian

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Stunning work!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Great location! Seems nice.

Well I expect (and I am pretty sure) there will be:

1. Finding out what happened in Durgans Battery, find those demons and kill them.

2. Meet and kill that Leaden key expedition.

3. Find out who sent Torn Baner...to Concelhaut and eventually kill that guy. It will be probably some famous mage again and the location will be very similar to Cragholdt Bluff - only for high lvl party. If so, I am very interested :-) I love Cragholdt Bluff fights.

I would also expect:

4. Few more bounties.

5. Another dragon :) or maybe similar big ass creature, like some ice serpent.

And of course some more sidequests, a dozen or so :)

Thumbs up for Barbarian (Barbarianess?), was missing that raging meatshield.

I like idea of story mode. It is optional. There should be tactical mode and story mode. Everyone have it is own preferences.

I must admit that on 2nd playthough in 4th chapter in dungeon i just switched to easy. Wasnt really in the mood for big combats.

Even better if story mode could crossset with difficulty. Story mode just skips trash battles, leaving quest battles. So no more random mobs. Does not work for Cuad Nua.

Edited by evilcat

About skill change:

Second wind - neat idea. Makes Priest more optional -> more freedom with party comp. Allows to dump skill points in something useful. Not really different from using bunch of potions and potions are unlimited.

Camping bonus - not so sure. There is a lot of bonuses. Like food bonuses or stronghold bonuses or inn bonuses. That could be too much.

The longer duracion of consumables is nice to some degree. What could be added to that is "healing effects on me bonus". That would fit the name and make it somehow useful.