System Shock and System Shock 2 remakes?

Darkpriest

I've heard some rumors that a Night Dive studio is planning to release remakes of SS and SS2 and are trying to find a partner for SS3...

Does anyone have some more knowledge on this?

Those would be my insta buys if it's true and the studio is credible enough to not **** up with million bugs.

IIRC Night Dive is 'only' remaking the original System Shock and they talk of SS3 in terms of a remote possibility even in case they would find a partner as opposed to something planned. Still, I mean... Look at my avatar.

Edited by Fenixp

IIRC Night Dive is 'only' remaking the original System Shock and they talk of SS3 in terms of a remote possibility even in case they would find a partner as opposed to something planned. Still, I mean... Look at my avatar.

Yeah, SS3 is just an idea for some day and there's basically nothing known about the remake. At this point it's little better than a fan remake/ bare bones Kick (hoho) starter in terms of all the really important information. They've got the concept artist and some sort of 'would be nice' commitment from the Brosii (and Terri Brosius has done some extra voice overs for ND before), but nothing on the really important technical aspects that make these things actually work like engines or coders. They have just about literally no experience with coding and the like, their prior efforts have been almost exclusively lifted from fans/ mods- New Dark for SS2 and Malba Tahan integrating stuff for the SS1 re-release. They're a lot closer to 2015 Interplay than, say, Larian or InXile.

The talk now is likely to drum up interest more than anything.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't be surprised at all if they did a console remake of SS2 if they do do a PC&console remake of SS1. SS2 is a legit big seller (~1.5 million) at this point.

• 2 weeks later...