Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build] Like a thunder: A Solo Druid Guide

druid solo potd guide build

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

After completing the Druid-Run on PotD i feeled confident enough for a TCS-Run.

Goal: Well-rounded Druid that can handle (nearly) any situation and heavily abuses the Blight Immunities.

Might 14

Con 10

Dex 10

Per 15

Int 15

Res 14

Cant decide if Dex would be better than Res. As long as the Blights tank Dex is for sure better. But there will be moments where the druid herself has to tank. Any tips on this one?

A detailed Journal about the progress and the tactics used can be found here: http://pastebin.com/HxtjjezF

So far Gaia has just reached level 5 - Caed Nua is waiting. I hope there wont be too many restarts needed. :biggrin:

Good job. :)

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 184 posts

After two restarts so far Gaia has now reached Level 7. As i do not have much time for playing the whole run may take a while...

It seems that going from level 3 to level 5 is maybe the most critical phase for the druid. Going from level 5 to 7 was nearly a walk in the park.

Detailed progress can be read here: http://pastebin.com/HxtjjezF

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

Even tho it get's really easy in Def Bay, these days I don't consider 3-4(5) really hard anymore.

As soon as you know how to handle certain situations, the only restrictions are those you lay on yourslf.:

Do I really want to be level 5 before Caed Nua? (4 works fine), do I really want to kill Raedric as soon as possible or leave him for later and so forth...

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Even tho it get's really easy in Def Bay, these days I don't consider 3-4(5) really hard anymore.

As soon as you know how to handle certain situations, the only restrictions are those you lay on yourslf.:

Do I really want to be level 5 before Caed Nua? (4 works fine), do I really want to kill Raedric as soon as possible or leave him for later and so forth...

Thats true. I know all of the encounters from level 3 to 5 pretty well. But sometimes bad luck can happen - missing several attacks or getting poor damage rolls against the bears in the cave for instance. Or - even worse - you start to play careless because you think that you know everyhting. This caused one idiotic death to the bandits in Black Meadow... :biggrin:

Merina

Merina

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 176 posts

The bear cave ... cheesy ... if you leave and rest for hours, the bear should get some rest, too. Poor bear.

About summoning blights, you really try to pull a single enemy only, then flee if you've summoned the wrong blights?

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 184 posts

The bear cave ... cheesy ... if you leave and rest for hours, the bear should get some rest, too. Poor bear.

About summoning blights, you really try to pull a single enemy only, then flee if you've summoned the wrong blights?

This depends on the enemy type. Normally i am not fleeing against a single enemy - i am not even summoning a blight because you can kill them in so many other ways.

But most of the time you are running into groups of enemies. Pulling out the right blight will make things much smoother. One example: In the Catacombs below Defiance Bay you will meet many Black Oozes - they can hurt a lot. With a single "Earth Blight" you can clear the whole area in one go using it for pulling one Ooze after another. Yes this is cheesy too but TCS-Runs for me are all about taking the safest route possible. :yes:

Gaia is nearly Level 9 atm - Darguls are suffering so hard against "Earth Blights"... :biggrin:

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 184 posts

The

Might 14

Con 10

Dex 10

Per 15

Int 15

Res 14

build still proves to be quite effective for TCS. The loss of Int isnt as essential as i thought it would be.

Btw: Without the aiming help and AoE-indication the game feels even more than good old BG.

Gaia reached Level 11 and started "The White March"-Expansion. Will be a lot of fun!

A journal about the progress and tactics used can still be found here: http://pastebin.com/HxtjjezF

NOTE: Why cant i edit my OP???

• gogocactus likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10282 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Edit function only works if the post is not too old. I don't know why. It's a pain in the a** if you want to keep your builds up to date.

forbs

forbs

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Were there any changes to blights in 3.0?? Or will this build still work. Thinking of doing a duo with a druid build like this and a ranger, i'd like to have lightning going everywhere.

hilfazer

hilfazer

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts

Guys, can you help he to use Maggots effectively? No matter what i do i can't get more than 5 damage per tick, which is lower than even Relentless Storm.

Harpagornis

Harpagornis

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Guys, can you help he to use Maggots effectively? No matter what i do i can't get more than 5 damage per tick, which is lower than even Relentless Storm.

I have played Druids so often but still have no use for this spell. Relentless Storm is superior in most cases even Twin Stones works great in tight corridors.

You might combine it with spells like Autums Decay and Insect Swarm so you can watch the numbers ticking but most of the time there is just one DoT to conquer them all: Rot Skull. This spell is amazing. Boost your attack speed and watch even tough Ogres going down in seconds. I love this spell...

The Guide is outdated but i hope that i can update it in the next weeks after i have done a complete TCS-Druid-Run. :yes:

• forbs likes this

Dorftek

Dorftek

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Were there any changes to blights in 3.0?? Or will this build still work. Thinking of doing a duo with a druid build like this and a ranger, i'd like to have lightning going everywhere.

Blights still have the immunities. Ranger+druid duo is insanely fun. I've tried it. I used the ranger with stormcaller bow and 8 lore for scrolls. I loved the binding Web scrolls on this duo and I usually pulled with tangling roots. Rangers binding roots is super fun too, 40sec of stuck 5 times per rest makes sum fights a lot easier.
  • forbs likes this

hilfazer

hilfazer

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts

[...] one DoT to conquer them all: Rot Skull. This spell is amazing. Boost your attack speed and watch even tough Ogres going down in seconds. I love this spell...

So ... DOTs from Rot  :skull:  stack? I know this spell is good, stacking DOTs would explain why (:

Maggots looks like gimped version of Combusting Wounds. Either it's bugged or OEI is too obvious in gimping druids.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10282 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Isn't Maggots doing more damage if the target is (badly) injured? It's a bit like a baby finishing blow with DoT.

hilfazer

hilfazer

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts

Yes it is. If an enemy is nearly at full HP it's doing 1 dmg per tick (woohoo) and when close to death - 5 dmg per tick. I've tried it with high max HP enemies, probably ogres, don't remember exactly.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10282 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ah - ok. That's pretty lame. No wonder I never use it. ;)

Blunderboss

Blunderboss

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 309 posts

Use that spell from bittercuts to give Bleed on your melee ranger :?

I use it sometimes from my paladin to give rangers pet bleed effect for more damage

Edited by Blunderboss, 10 April 2016 - 07:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: druid, solo, potd, guide, build

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Elfoleiro, cbw801