Attacks in Paris

Malcador

This is a terrible tragedy, and I hope they take down ISIS hard after this.

But I'm also pretty amazed how quickly you folks turn this into a crusade against Islam.  This had everything to do with a terrorist organization targeting France.  The refugees are trying to get AWAY from these cretins.   

I won't be surprised if it comes out that many of these animals that struck tonight came in as refugees. I have nothing by sympathy for the innocents in the middle east but the truth is I would not trade the life of one American, or Canadian, or Frenchmen, or Russian, or Briton or (insert European/African/Pacific nation here) if it would save every man woman and child from Syria to Tehran.

You can't keep the roaches out unless you shut the door.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sure, the overwhelming majority of them are muslim but don't you suggest there is any problem with islam... Yes, it's not all of them but it's enough of them to justify questioning both their culture and how the bleeding heart white guilt "tolerance" lets the worst of them walk amongst you.

Thats what happens when you let your guard down and go with an extremely political correct course.  

My condolences go to the people killed and their families, who, as always, have to pay for the incompetence of a few. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So we have over 140 dead people and 4 dead terrorists. France is the weakest link due to how many muslims from ME and Africa they accepted in the last 30 years, next is either UK or Germany, after that we have Spain, then Scandinavians and Italy.

Keep inviting retards from ME and Africa and not allow to migrants from East EU and Far East...

Nah, not until it will start actively support fights in ME. Swe is too laid back and not involved in geo politics to be a target for now, it will become once other countries will be in deep **** and a new place will have to start burning.

Edited by Darkpriest

Well, people are somehow forgetting, that one of the biggest terrorist actions in Europe in last decade was made by white straight male...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The refugees are trying to get AWAY from these cretins.   

Yep.

Though the catastrophic way in which they've been handled means that it would be very easy for extremists to infiltrate Europe I'd suspect that it will be primarily or solely 2nd gen French rather than refugees, much as it was last time.

There's plenty of degrees of blame to be thrown around but nobody else caused this other than those who perpetrated it.

Well, people are somehow forgetting, that one of the biggest terrorist actions in Europe in last decade was made by white straight male...

I wouldn't be surprised if some people were actually more angry at Breivik for not being muslim than for killing dozens of people.

This sort of event always sends some people sociopathic, at least if you take them at their word.

Obola on ISIS: "We Have Contained Them" just today. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/11/13/obama_on_isis_we_have_contained_them.html

This is the result of ending terrorist interrogations, restricting surveillance, and open borders.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I won't be surprised if it comes out that many of these animals that struck tonight came in as refugees. 

I would be surprised.  These were guys with guns and bombs, they had resources and support.  ISIS doesn't need to send fighters through the refugee lines, they have better ways to get their crazy radicals on foreign soil.  The Charlie Hebdo attackers were born and raised in France.  

I am sure we will find out soon enough.

• Like 6

Say what you will about former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbot but he did have this to say a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-28/tony-abbott-urges-european-leaders-to-turn-back-asylum-seekers/6890886

He outlined his concern that "misguided altruism" was "...leading much of Europe into catastrophic error".

"No country or continent can open its borders to all comers without fundamentally weakening itself," he said.

He cautioned, "too much mercy for some necessarily undermines justice for all".

Well, France has closed its borders. I assume this mean no flights in and out of France as well?

• Like 1

Obola on ISIS: "We Have Contained Them" just today. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/11/13/obama_on_isis_we_have_contained_them.html

This is the result of ending terrorist interrogations, restricting surveillance, and open borders.

Well, despite that assertion being a bit comic, ISIS being contained and all (then again that's a decent weasel word). Not sure that ending torture really hurt the cause, not did limiting surveillance. Price of a free country is being open to this kind of attack and all.

Wonder what France's response will be, Hollande's words and all.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BT3XIjn.jpg

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'd expect that folks will play bleeding hearts for days and pretend like they are personally victimized by the attacks.

People in power would likely take harder stance towards Muslims after this anyway. They'd be a fool not to, although they are foolish in the first place by accepting so much immigrants coming from war torn places, do they really think average people coming from impoverished countries will be nice and orderly?

Edited by exodiark

I have nothing by sympathy for the innocents in the middle east but the truth is I would not trade the life of one American, or Canadian, or Frenchmen, or Russian, or Briton or (insert European/African/Pacific nation here) if it would save every man woman and child from Syria to Tehran.

Your sympathy doesn't seem to be worth much. You would seriously let every single man, woman, and child from Syria to Tehran die for a single life of a member of a European/African/Pacific nation? WTF?

There lives are just as valuable as ours or anyone else's. Not that I'm saying anyone is or isn't obligated to let in the migrants, but seriously, I hope this was a case of hyperbole on your part.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You gotta admit it's really bad PR for Islam. People want easy solutions, they are always looking for scapegoats, so when something like this happens they wonder what else is wrong with the muslim religion, since it has so much room for this kind of thing. 

There aren't that many religions where you so often hear of people shouting 'god is great' while committing atrocities, not anymore anyway. Of course it's all politics and all shades of gray, and religion is just a tool in an asymmetrical battlefield. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You gotta admit it's really bad PR for Islam. People want easy solutions, they are always looking for scapegoats, so when something like this happens they wonder what else is wrong with the muslim religion, since it has so much room for this kind of thing. 

There aren't that many religions where you so often hear of people shouting 'god is great' while committing atrocities, not anymore anyway. Of course it's all politics and all shades of gray, and religion is just a tool in an asymmetrical battlefield. 

It has less to do with specific religion and more with the region from where it all comes from. I live in Russia and we have millions of muslims, and most of them don't cause any problems whatsoever. 

In my mind the best way to respond to these attacks is not to let yourself be taken over by emotions of fear or anger and paranoia of everyone who looks Middle-Eastern. Because that's exactly what these terrorists want.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.