Obsidian dabbles in necromancy

Lychnidos

In an interview by Game Informer Feargus Urquhart reveals that the unannounced RPG is in fact Project North Carolina(aka Stormlands), brought to life in a changed form, and it's going to be announced in the coming months.

Here is the reveal:

https://youtu.be/7hqYxXEdw8U?t=9145

And, here is the start of the interview, where he also talks about Obsidian in general, Fallout, and an interesting part about the beginning of his career in the 90's.

https://youtu.be/7hqYxXEdw8U?t=4736

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 5

Anyone remembers what project North Carolina potentially was about?

I don't think it's ever been disclosed. But since it was to be the XBONE launch title, some sort of mainstream action RPG is probably not far from the truth.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Why doesn't Obsidian make another planescape or septerra core? A rpg where the main characters and their background is predetermined. Like imagine how cool a breath of fire 3 plot set in world of pillars of eternity would be. Main character last of his kind can transform into dragon and trying to find a place in the world, befriends a tiger man and his henchmen and has robin hood tier adventures in the woods with him. Befriends a princess gets embroiled into politics. Fights even greater beings then himself while uncovering secrets about himself and the world.

In an interview by Game Informer Feargus Urquhart reveals that the unannounced RPG is in fact Project North Carolina(aka Stormlands), brought to life in a changed form, and it's going to be announced in the coming months.

"It was dark and stormy night..."

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Heh, title of this thread is too obscure. I watched the video two days ago and was wondering why people don't talk about it, I was posting in other threads to get a response : d

Can't watch the videos right now. Anyone remembers what project North Carolina potentially was about?

I looked at codex, people there think its another high fantasy rpg cos of the name "Stormlands". When I heard about it back in the day when there was news of its cancellation I thought it should be a PA rpg somehow; half urban wasteland with sandstorms... the road... mad max : p

Also poeple think its open world action rpg, which it was originally but Feargus Urquhart said its changed a lot. Maybe it could be some smaller sub-genre cos its not that easy to believe for a publisher to finance an open world AAA rpg and Obs don't have that kind of luck : d

Caught this from the Codexhttp://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=389

Feargus Urquhart: Not to tease, but we will have news in the next two or three months. We absolutely are looking at crowdfunding one of our next titles as well, so we’ll have news on that soon. I can say it’s been fun to sit around and talk with Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout, about ideas for our next thing. I wish I could talk about it more.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Caught this from the Codex: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=389

Feargus Urquhart: Not to tease, but we will have news in the next two or three months. We absolutely are looking at crowdfunding one of our next titles as well, so we’ll have news on that soon. I can say it’s been fun to sit around and talk with Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout, about ideas for our next thing. I wish I could talk about it more.

Fallout 4 spin off confirmed?

Too soon. Bethesda will want to release a slate of DLC first for the next 18-24 months before making any type of announcement for a New Vegas type installment.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

He's most probably talking about North Carolina... more like Stormlands/NC Post Apocalyptic RPG confirmed. : d

ed: or... Feargus Urquhart: We talked to a publisher(Bethesda) about the ideas(for Stormlands/NC), we kinda repurposed it(for next FO spinoff) and oddly the publisher signed it, it sort of in a different form(like they repurposed Van Buren for New Vegas) and that should get announced in next few months. 

Edited by Quillon

don't call it spin off. call it west coast sequel

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. So is Turbo Boost a level one talent, or is it along a prescribed upgrade path? At what level can I obtain Super Pursuit Mode?

Can I play a chick who gets ambushed and shot in ghe head by thugs only to get plastic surgery and wake up with the face of a mulleted David Hasselhoff?

Oh good lord!

Well the cat is out of the bag!

We had this cool system where you can level up your car with new software and find new parts similar to Borderlands and guns. Everyone's car looked different. The Hoff started at level 100 of course.

In case it is not obvious and I get quoted somewhere and fired, I'm kidding. :p

Still a CarPG would be a very cool thing if done right....

• Like 3

Goddamit, I now want a cheesy 80s Knight Rider game!  I vant it!  You vill make it and give vit to ve!

EDIT:  Now I want a game based on the original V as well now.  Goddamit did it to myself...

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams