[2.03] Auto-pause for traps vs "Rime and Frost" chant

Achilles

Question

I realize that is probably closer to a request for a feature change rather than a true bug report, but doing this here anyway.

If Auto-Pause is configure to execute on Hidden Object Found, the game will pause about every second or so if you have a high-Mechanics party member in your group during combat with the chant Rime and Frost Followed the Footfalls of Karth active.

I get that it applies, but man, it sure would be nice if there was an exception for those frost traps.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

9 answers to this question

Hey Achilles,

I just tested this out  on my own save and I have a rogue in my party with 14 mechanics. I have Hidden Objects Found active but ti didn't pause once for me. I tried auto-pause Party Members Finishes Ability on too just to make sure and still negative. 

What other pause options do you have on? 

Thanks!

Here you go.

post-1981-0-71217400-1447457479_thumb.jpg

Will have to grab a screen shot of the combat log next time it happens. It lights up with "so and so has found something" or whatever that blurb is. Also the Party NPC (usually Durance) will chime in with his VO line. In other words, it's really hard to mistake what's happening, when it's happening.

...allegedly. :)

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey Aarik,

Managed to get a screenshot for you. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to get the floating white "Trap Detected" text over the party member heads, but I do have a fairly conclusive combat log for you :)

post-1981-0-10572300-1448515484_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this is sufficient to get you to you believe me now :p

EDIT: One more thing while I'm here - I've been looking and looking, but I don't think I've ever seen the Rime and Frost trap make an appearance in the combat log. Are we sure it's actually doing anything?

Edited by Achilles

Hahaha! I was finally quick enough!

post-1981-0-12904200-1448692264_thumb.jpg

EDIT (with regards to the edit above): btw, I finally confirmed that Rime and Frost traps exist. 

Edited by Achilles

No problem, but just to be clear, you don't have to be in scouting mode for this to trigger. 

I forget which patch it was (1.03 maybe?), but they added functionality that would allow for detection outside of scouting mode if Mechanics was 4 or more above the thing being detected. In that save that I sent you, no one was in my party was in scouting mode before combat began. In the screenshot that I sent earlier, my entire party had been in full combat for at least a minute before I was able to nail the timing.

Anyway, glad I could help!